Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m not totally up to speed on House procedures, but I seem to recall that the rule stating that firearms are prohibited on Capitol square, in the Elizabeth Warren Building, etc was simply an edict from Filler-Corn, and that such is in the purview of the Speaker.

Now that Republicans hold a 52-48 majority in the house, it should be as simple to remove that no-gun rule as it was to implement it, no?

I think this should be encouraged as the very first act of the new legislature.  

I would like to think that Lt. Gov. Sears would champion it.
View Quote

Hope you guys bug the shit out of them to do what needs to be done while they're in control.

Or whatever
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Two is mine!

ETA: not it isn't.

Bump for freedom!
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Two is mine!
View Quote

Yes, the second post is
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, the second post is
View Quote

One second, damn.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well that sucks. Didn’t he help get busloads of good ol’ Virginians up in 2020?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@dbrowne
@1serreluc

He's locked.

WTF did he do??

Every time I get on here it seems like some regular member is locked and some troll is running free. I don’t get it……

Yes
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

One second, damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the second post is

One second, damn.

Bump harder and 3 will be yours!
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@dbrowne
@1serreluc

He's locked.

WTF did he do??

Every time I get on here it seems like some regular member is locked and some troll is running free. I don’t get it……

Yes

fuckin a
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m not totally up to speed on House procedures, but I seem to recall that the rule stating that firearms are prohibited on Capitol square, in the Elizabeth Warren Building, etc was simply an edict from Filler-Corn, and that such is in the purview of the Speaker.

Now that Republicans hold a 52-48 majority in the house, it should be as simple to remove that no-gun rule as it was to implement it, no?

View Quote

The response to the Jan6 riot should tell you what you need to know about how politicians want to be better and separate from common people, and the large number of common people who agree.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bump harder and 3 will be yours!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If you guys organize it,  I’ll show up.

I like a spicy party.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like a spicy party.
View Quote

That's the spirit!
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Like I said in the nuked thread, use alternate means.

Forget about anything serious here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like a spicy party.
View Quote

<3
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The response to the Jan6 riot should tell you what you need to know about how politicians want to be better and separate from common people, and the large number of common people who agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that. Then they win. Do you accept defeat?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Step 1) Build traction and enthusiasm
Step 2) come up with a plan
Step 3) ?
Step 4) take back ground
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Step 1) Build traction and enthusiasm
Step 2) come up with a plan
Step 3) ?
Step 4) take back ground
View Quote

Sell patches to Florida?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#20]
@EESmith

@Longhunter09 (I know you’re not in VA anymore)
@cryo_tech
@saltwatercowboy
@W_E_G
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have to decide what you mean by win. If you think winning means that our side can do what ever we want and force the other side to accept everything we want, you are not going to win. If we are going to push, it should be for some thing more useful than being able to carry guns on a specific piece of dirt. And bringing back state premention is that useful.  As far as defeat goes. Even if defeat across the board was going to happen no matter what, life is still better as a result of resisting as opposed to just giving up. So accepting defeat is the opposite of useful regardless of the outcome. Defeat is definitely not certain. Our Lieutenant Governor posed with an AR15 rifle for her campaign, that's like the opposite of defeat for us. Throwing our support behind her is how we win.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#22]
@cryo_tech
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#23]
@Tim_In_CO
@surfanimal
@sixtigers
@ka_tetof1
@extorris
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#24]
@Lug1
@M35ben
@hotdesert
@CenterMass762
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes

Not what I had in mind, but that would be cool as eff.

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Okay first off, wtf lol we already had a thread get nuked?

Second, what happened to 1srelluc? I would tag Sigs and Cider but I know he's banned too.

Third, let's talk this out. What is our goal and what do we hope to accomplish? (Don't read this is snarky, read it exactly how I said it. We should plan an effective lobby Day and figure out how to do that)
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@Planemaker
View Quote

You rang?

I'm not in Virginia any more but if I'm needed, I'll be there.

If help planning comms again is needed, I can help with that, too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Second, what happened to 1srelluc? I would tag Sigs and Cider but I know he's banned too.

Third, let's talk this out. What is our goal and what do we hope to accomplish? (Don't read this is snarky, read it exactly how I said it. We should plan an effective lobby Day and figure out how to do that)
View Quote

I’m thinking something along the lines of a “we got your back Sears.” Meets a Triumph.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You rang?

I'm not in Virginia any more but if I'm needed, I'll be there.

If help planning comms again is needed, I can help with that, too.
View Quote

My man.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You have to decide what you mean by win. If you think winning means that our side can do what ever we want and force the other side to accept everything we want, you are not going to win. If we are going to push, it should be for some thing more useful than being able to carry guns on a specific piece of dirt. And bringing back state premention is that useful.  As far as defeat goes. Even if defeat across the board was going to happen no matter what, life is still better as a result of resisting as opposed to just giving up. So accepting defeat is the opposite of useful regardless of the outcome. Defeat is definitely not certain. Our Lieutenant Governor posed with an AR15 rifle for her campaign, that's like the opposite of defeat for us. Throwing our support behind her is how we win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

And to WTC’s point - we need to remind them that their overreaching tyrannical bullshit is what spun us up before , why Youngkin, Sears and Miyares and a Republican majority in the HoD were elected.  Because we’re not having any more of the lefts shit.  Do your job.

It’s time they step up and restore Liberty to the Commonwealth.  We expect them to do what we elected them to do.

First and foremost - reinstate preemption.
Take whatever executive actions available, or whatever house rules available to allow on-premise carry.  Do it by a special exemption/ permit/ whatever.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
Repeal all the other bullshit.
Remind them that we’re not going to tolerate tyrannical acts, deprivation of freedom or usurpation of rights ANY longer.
If the whole senate minority thing rears it’s head as an obstacle - remind them we’re gonna vote them all out next year. We got that.  Don’t worry about it.  Do what you were elected to do.

And a whole lot more.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm down to road trip again
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This for sure.

And to WTC’s point - we need to remind them that their overreaching tyrannical bullshit is what spun us up before , why Youngkin, Sears and Miyares and a Republican majority in the HoD were elected.  Because we’re not having any more of the lefts shit.  Do your job.

It’s time they step up and restore Liberty to the Commonwealth.  We expect them to do what we elected them to do.

First and foremost - reinstate preemption.
Take whatever executive actions available, or whatever house rules available to allow on-premise carry.  Do it by a special exemption/ permit/ whatever.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
Repeal all the other bullshit.
Remind them that we’re not going to tolerate tyrannical acts, deprivation of freedom or usurpation of rights ANY longer.
If the whole senate minority thing rears it’s head as an obstacle - remind them we’re gonna vote them all out next year. We got that.  Don’t worry about it.  Do what you were elected to do.

And a whole lot more.
View Quote

Eloquently stated as always.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, yesterday. It may have been slightly more confrontational with site staff though.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes, yesterday. It may have been slightly more confrontational with site staff though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What thread was nuked?  Was it a LD thread?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Focus
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Focus
View Quote

The voice of reason, you're right. Let's focus on regaining on what what unrightfully taken from us.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Focus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Focus

Like a laser bro
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Standing by.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#40]
What about a night time LD rally/march/hike/event?

Rattlesnake night ops. An organized orienteering course with night vision. Downtown Richmond scavenger hunt. I’ll bring the snacks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Is there the same desire to make the same presence as last time? Or have different optics? It would be nice to have some input from some of our awesome resident lawyers on talking points and legislation to promote.

@LawyerUp
@NoloContendre

If we could work to get support across the state for the push forward that would be awesome. We need to think of messaging. Not just removing the crap that was pushed, but making VA the most gun friendly state of all.

@MiamiJBT any chance for GOA support?
@Bulldog1967 where’s VCDL at?

Let’s work on getting bodies to show up, a strong message, and then iron out some of the other details.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Rattlesnake night ops. An organized orienteering course with night vision. Downtown Richmond scavenger hunt. I’ll bring the snacks.
View Quote

In for mini sandwiches.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#44]
@jdsbusa
@Philmore
@UH_SALT_RIFLE
@FreefallE7
@JasonD
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

In for skittles and ho-hos.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#46]
@TheTower
@hsracer201
@Ammon
@Seanquigley
@qualityhardware
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is there the same desire to make the same presence as last time? Or have different optics? It would be nice to have some input from some of our awesome resident lawyers on talking points and legislation to promote.

@LawyerUp
@NoloContendre

If we could work to get support across the state for the push forward that would be awesome. We need to think of messaging. Not just removing the crap that was pushed, but making VA the most gun friendly state of all.

Let’s work on getting bodies to show up, a strong message, and then iron out some of the other details.
View Quote

I would defer to VA's GOA rep John Crump. If you don't have his email I can PM it to you. I'm not sure what's doable there. I would also talk to attorney Rob Olson, who represents the GOA, and is also in VA.

I would think that after this past election, get a few of those angry school moms there who are also into guns, and you'd get their attention pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I would defer to VA's GOA rep John Crump. If you don't have his email I can PM it to you. I'm not sure what's doable there. I would also talk to attorney Rob Olson, who represents the GOA, and is also in VA.

I would think that after this past election, get a few of those angry school moms there who are also into guns, and you'd get their attention pretty quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@LawyerUp
@NoloContendre

That would be awesome man, thanks. Get us some good momentum.

Good idea about the school moms. I can reach out to Ian Prior.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top