Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 645 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMyrnNQWYAEffpU?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Tanks and APCs are nice but it's burning trucks that warm my heart.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By nmxdavenn:

You can not give another country the right to enforce a no fly zone over another country without something in place.

That would essentially just be us starting a direct war with Russia and invading Ukraine ourselves. There would need to be some sort of mutual aid pact in place.

What an idiotic thing to say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nmxdavenn:
Originally Posted By 103:
What an idiotic thing to say. Ukraine, under pretty much any reading of international law, has the authority to decide who uses its airspace. Right now it appears to only have partial POWER to enforce that. It still has the authority to declare such and to request anyone willing to help. If the United States wanted to help, there is nothing from an authority standpoint to say we cannot. Practical problems? Absolutely!

But the question was under what authority can the United States enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine. Ukraine can grant that authority.

You can not give another country the right to enforce a no fly zone over another country without something in place.

That would essentially just be us starting a direct war with Russia and invading Ukraine ourselves. There would need to be some sort of mutual aid pact in place.

What an idiotic thing to say.

WTF are you talking about? That's literally what's being stated. Zelensky asked for it. If we were to agree we sign a few papers and that's all that is necessary.

Definitely not getting into an argument about WPA/AUMF shit.

The way you are phrasing your response is as if Russia is in charge of Ukraine. Is that your belief?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By toeheadAR:
After the last 2 years, everyone still believes everything they see in the news. You need to understand that NATO and the US were part of the plot to undermine the pro-Russian president in Ukraine and very recently there has been talk about bringing Ukraine into NATO. Ukraine has Russia's only ice-free port as well and if you saw Putin's press conference you would have heard him talking about the people that control all of the major countries have slowly dismantled their culture (ie. men competing with women, abortion, race wars, anti-family...pretty much what happened to us) and they have tried to the same in Russia. Russia, honestly, seems to be the last country I can think of that isn't controlled by these elites, cabal, NWO, whatever you want to call them. Putin said he will defeat them at all cost. Many believe they originated with Soros from Ukraine which is why he is fighting them. Maybe I am completely wrong but I wasn't wrong about the fake covid hype or the stolen election.
View Quote

Go ahead and tell us all about how Russia isn’t led by elites.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how accurate this guy is on his updates

Russian Invasion Takes Massive Blow From Ukraines Military - Ukraine War Update
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

Tanks and APCs are nice but it's burning trucks that warm my heart.

Mike
View Quote

Yes.  Logistics man.  The soft underbelly of every single army in human history.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
After the last 2 years, everyone still believes everything they see in the news. You need to understand that NATO and the US were part of the plot to undermine the pro-Russian president in Ukraine and very recently there has been talk about bringing Ukraine into NATO. Ukraine has Russia's only ice-free port as well and if you saw Putin's press conference you would have heard him talking about the people that control all of the major countries have slowly dismantled their culture (ie. men competing with women, abortion, race wars, anti-family...pretty much what happened to us) and they have tried to the same in Russia. Russia, honestly, seems to be the last country I can think of that isn't controlled by these elites, cabal, NWO, whatever you want to call them. Putin said he will defeat them at all cost. Many believe they originated with Soros from Ukraine which is why he is fighting them. Maybe I am completely wrong but I wasn't wrong about the fake covid hype or the stolen election.
View Quote

Mods have already asked to take this discussion elsehwhere. That's not what this thread is for.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Questions, literally, about whether US command thinks a Nuclear war with Russia is winnable. Questions about how rapidly China is arming. Alot of it is trying to get more funding. Some discussion of "space guard" . A lot of it is BS, but you can still read their faces that there are some worried people there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
House Armed Services Comittee meeting with US Nuclear Command Live on YouTube.
Some very grim faces on both sides.

Can you gives us a rundown on what they say ?

Questions, literally, about whether US command thinks a Nuclear war with Russia is winnable. Questions about how rapidly China is arming. Alot of it is trying to get more funding. Some discussion of "space guard" . A lot of it is BS, but you can still read their faces that there are some worried people there.
No nuclear war is winnable. There's only losing the least.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Take this bullshit and shove it
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Not guilty....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

"Ukrainian Madonnas are now cherishing weapons, not children."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMyqUUFXsAM8b-y?format=jpg&name=large

Not guilty....
That's a war prize to bring back with you
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:

For once I am thankful to be in South AL.  Ain't shit around these rednecks.
View Quote

There is in dothan.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

You have accepted everything Russia wants you to.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6V5CcaNcsM
View Quote

Timcast?

It's officially not happening
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Lol, not sure I have ever seen someone flagged with an rpg.
View Quote

You've never met Jamaal?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Air Force bases all around and Ft Rucker.
View Quote

Now let me tell you about the Wind River Valley...it's lack of nearby targets and fallout free wind pattern. I'll raise a glass to you all every 87th week.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
House Armed Services Comittee meeting with US Nuclear Command Live on YouTube.
Some very grim faces on both sides.

Can you gives us a rundown on what they say ?

No, there is only making sure your enemy looses too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrGoodkat] [#18]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Holy shit:

View Quote

Camera dude didn't even jump when the round impacted.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

There is in dothan.
View Quote

Why Dothan?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Don't bring the Q quackery into this thread. There are other conspiracy threads for that
View Quote

At the risk of derailing further, that isn't Q stuff. Those talking points were universally lauded all over GD just a month ago. Putin's Anti-Wokeness got a lot of people on this board hard.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 1245xx:

Why Dothan?
View All Quotes

There is in dothan.

Why Dothan?

Ft Rucker.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:

Camera dude didn't even jump when the round impacted.
View Quote

Too busy shitting his pants.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Shit I'm 1 mile from restone arsenal and a nuclear power plant is on the other side of it.

I' m in a glow zone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
I can see the stacks from a nuke plant from my home on a clear day.

The plant where we built out nuclear aresenal is about 20 miles in the other direction.

We are in a color band that has no guidance. Wonder why?

Shit I'm 1 mile from restone arsenal and a nuclear power plant is on the other side of it.

I' m in a glow zone.

Everyone thinks they are near a priority target.  

Most people aren't.

The highest priority targets would be C3I and bomber / boomer strategic forces.  ICBM fields are less likely to be priority targets because all of our rockets are now armed with single warheads - so, Russia would have to commit more than 1 warhead to reliably kill 1 warhead.

Some high priority C3I/strategic targets:

The White House
The Pentagon
Offut AFB, Nebraska
NORAD, Colorado
various facilities in the Federal Relocation Arc
any satellite launch facilities
Kitsap Sub base, Washington (SSBNs)
Kings Bay Base, Georgia (SSBNs)

There's no real reason to specifically target nuclear reactors.  EMP would fry the transmission grid and the control circuitry.

I'd be more worried if I lived next to a port, runway capable of supporting a B2 or B52, or a refinery than a nuclear power plant.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Why Dothan?
View All Quotes

There is in dothan.

Why Dothan?
Ft. Rucker, the home of Army aviation.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
What's to stop different countries going through back channels and hiring mercenaries to fight for Ukraine?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
I don't understand the discrepancy between actual effects witnessed such as closing the Russian market until March 5th, the crazy fall of the ruble, and the claim that these sanctions won't do anything.

They look effective. Before we get crazy talking about a no fly zone I think we need to let these sanctions soak a bit, hopefully encourage Russia to replace their leadership.

If we try to enforce a no fly zone this will have serious consequences that are further reaching than just the encirclement of Kyiv. We will play into the Russian propaganda of being the aggressor, directly engaging Russian assets and steam rolling them. Losing the support of any possible support in Russia to replace the Russian government.

Basically I think the cost/benefit analysis doesn't hit the threshold to justify enforcement yet. In a few more weeks it might be necessary. Maybe tomorrow I'll change my tune, but right now I think it is a terrible idea. The common objective shared by all from this should be the Russian people installing a new Russian government. Anything else is a sideshow honestly, Putin crossed a line that shows he can't be a part of the larger world and civilization. Say he pulls out of Ukraine, how do we really continue relations knowing he will invade and threaten nuclear war on a whim?
View Quote

Best case is regime change in Russia, worst case is the creation of another rogue state with a massive nuclear arsenal and nothing to lose.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

How long have you been a pilot?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#30]

So do they think it's winnable?
View All Quotes

So do they think it's winnable?

Well, the question was in response to an apparent memo of some type where US Command suggested that it was. The answer however was that they were unaware of that memo and it was not their job to decide if it was "winnable ".
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sasquatch76:
What's to stop different countries going through back channels and hiring mercenaries to fight for Ukraine?
View Quote
Nothing. I'm sure there are already a bunch there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

You willing to hit china, india, pakistan too?
If nukes start flying, everyone will be setting them off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doolyd:
Did anybody see that Oliver Stone JFK documentary.  Not sure if it is accurate but something along the lines of - during the Cuban Missile crisis we had calculated how many Americans would die if we nuked Russia first. It was around 40 million.  They were very close to doing it.

I wonder what the adjusted estimation is and how close we are to doing it.  I mean, it's going to happen, I just see no other way.  Strike first and hope that what we have seen from them so far is also an indication of their Nuclear capabilities.  Yeah, I know, hope is not a strategy but Putin isn't going to "lose" this no matter what he has to do.

Why would they all want to make themselves targets?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
View Quote

Hooray?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#35]

View Quote

Yeah I'm near STRATCOM.

ETA: lmao that timing with the tweet right above
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I' m in a glow zone.

Well, other than the nuke plant, Maxwell AFB, Ft. Rucker, and the port of Mobile. Sorry, you're just as dead. Maybe if you're in Butler you're OK.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Screename of the person(s) running this website? https://www.saintjavelin.com/

Is it legitimate? Who knows but they say they are donating. Of course that iconic graphic is now being sold everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Best case is regime change in Russia, worst case is the creation of another rogue state with a massive nuclear arsenal and nothing to lose.

View Quote

Russia has been a rogue state for its entire history,it’s just that everyone else occasionally pretend it isn’t.

Every since US President misunderstood and miscalculated Putin. Those of us who did get it were called paranoid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kill-9:
Ft. Rucker, the home of Army aviation.
View Quote

Crap, forgot about that.  We lived in Ozark when my dad was a flight instructor there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

That looks like anti-nuclear weapon propaganda. Why do they always calculate that all nuclear bombs are the Tsar Bomba? They're not.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
View Quote

And Biden went to Delaware.
Yeah he’s a worthless piece of shit but he’s still POTUS and should have stayed in Washington. And America will have to listen to his lies tonight. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Nice for those with memberships.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

Now it is an avatar up for grabs!

(Have to do your own resizing)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457660/PicsArt_03-01-02_19_52_jpg-2297840.JPG

Nice for those with memberships.

Easy solution, just get one!
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I hope that Russian generals/oligarchs are starting to realize that a bullet to the back of Putin's head might be the best way out of a bad situation that is likely just going to get worse.
View Quote

Is this even possible at this point
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: martin248] [#44]

I hope that Russian generals/oligarchs are starting to realize that a bullet to the back of Putin's head might be the best way out of a bad situation that is likely just going to get worse.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
I don't understand the discrepancy between actual effects witnessed such as closing the Russian market until March 5th, the crazy fall of the ruble, and the claim that these sanctions won't do anything.

They look effective. Before we get crazy talking about a no fly zone I think we need to let these sanctions soak a bit, hopefully encourage Russia to replace their leadership.

If we try to enforce a no fly zone this will have serious consequences that are further reaching than just the encirclement of Kyiv. We will play into the Russian propaganda of being the aggressor, directly engaging Russian assets and steam rolling them. Losing the support of any possible support in Russia to replace the Russian government.

Basically I think the cost/benefit analysis doesn't hit the threshold to justify enforcement yet. In a few more weeks it might be necessary. Maybe tomorrow I'll change my tune, but right now I think it is a terrible idea. The common objective shared by all from this should be the Russian people installing a new Russian government. Anything else is a sideshow honestly, Putin crossed a line that shows he can't be a part of the larger world and civilization. Say he pulls out of Ukraine, how do we really continue relations knowing he will invade and threaten nuclear war on a whim?

Better if they shoot him in the face, so that he has a moment to grasp that he has fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

As the devil works in mysterious ways, so does the Lord.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
Originally Posted By Veccio:
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

I'll bet $87 That usually in Ukraine the ground is frozen hard at this time nearly every year. And now it isn't unexpectedly. Oops.
Divine intervention maybe

That's going to trigger a whole raft of angry people, saying that.

As the devil works in mysterious ways, so does the Lord.

Rain in Kyiv for the next two days.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Would be stupid to launch a preemptive strike against russia, but not china + NK as well. Should probably include Iran at that point.

I don't see the rationale for hitting Pakistan or India though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I think you're missing the point that Kumala feels the need to dumb it down for that target audience.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Saw this posted by Andy Ago, all I can says is wow!  Please keep Biden alive until the next election!!

VP Kamala Harris went on black radio to explain the war:

"Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so basically that's wrong."

I would ask someone to please God tell me he's paraphrasing, but alas, I honestly believe that's the idiot whore's level of intelligence.

We have a dementia patient and a person with a sixth grade education in charge of America.

I have an elderly friend who has a sixth grade education. Nice man but uneducated, I had to explain letter box movie format to him.

I can't imagine the intel briefings for these two. I mean how much do you have to dumb it down? having to dumb it down for politicians is bad enough but Christ on a box car!

I think you're missing the point that Kumala feels the need to dumb it down for that target audience.

Yeah, I reread it after your post. I read it as she went BACK on the radio. But I am on extra meds. In the long post I made earlier I actually fell asleep writing it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By sasquatch76:
View Quote

Time and logistics?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

Yeah I'm near STRATCOM.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

Yeah I'm near STRATCOM.

I need some SPF 3500.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sulman:

Yep they're designed for this very scenario. This was also the mission of the Harrier originally, with the understanding every base in Nato would be gone within an hour if things went hot, so the ability to run off highways and supermarket parking lots is a big deal.
View Quote

When I was in Moscow back in the 80s, we toured their big aeronautical museum.  They call it "unimproved runways" and "improvised runways" while they were bragging about their fighters.  I don't remember what exact Russian word they used, but our KGB translator used those words in English.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 645 of 5589)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top