Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 312 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Could be a trade. Doubt we would have guys operating clandestinely with such identifiers, operating in an area were being identified could have incredible blowback unlike the middle east.
View Quote

There is actually an American combat veteran there in KYiv. I saw him being interviewed on a news broadcast last week. There was also a Brit among them, as well as people from a bunch of other places. I think they are part of a group known as the Georgian Defense League, or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:

I feel Putin started believing too much of his own QANON propaganda.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

Delusional is right. They can't actually expect that anybody in Ukraine is listening to Sergei Lavrov's call for a coup.

There's a reason why Molotov Cocktails are named after a Soviet foreign minister, I suppose.

I feel Putin started believing too much of his own QANON propaganda.

Yeah, he's made it impossible to have Ukraine ally with Russia ever again. I think Putin had got too overconfident from Georgia and Crimea that he thought this was going to be a cake walk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Did I read that right....we (NATO) are trucking defensive aid into Ukraine from Poland? Not just bringing it into Poland, taking it to the border and letting Ukraine pick it up, but actually taking it INTO Ukraine? That would seem like a major escalatory move that could lead to an all out war between Russia and NATO. This seems like an incredibly risky move. I have no issue in supplying Ukraine with weapons. But it needs to be done in a covert way.
View Quote

Eh... third parties providing lethal aid in times of war is nothing new, and I don't think those third parties get pulled into that war often.

Iran provided copious amounts of lethal aid and had guys on the ground in Iraq during OIF, and we didn't attack them.

The Soviets knew we were providing weapons and aid to the Muj in Afghanistan, and they didn't attack us.

The only case I can think of is the US in WWI and the Lusitania, but that was a specific set of circumstances. There were weapons aboard her, but the Germans killed 1,200 people when they sunk her.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

China trying to upstage slo joe......
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheRocketmac:

Oh look, the chief NeverTrumper shows up and NeverTrumps in a thread not about Trump.

Can you for just one thread, cut the crap?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
Originally Posted By ErikS:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/0302CA13-D48A-4186-AD7C-E24A4CDF4D5E-2292756.jpg
With his faults he was still the kind of leader we need now.

https://i.imgur.com/y0VOMIm.png
https://i.imgur.com/S43i2gk.png

Oh look, the chief NeverTrumper shows up and NeverTrumps in a thread not about Trump.

Short answer is not.

They do not have the capability of doing that anymore.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By xLucidx:

hell with that.

you invade my country and I see you still breathing you will be executed. not taken to a hospital.

you brought this on yourself chip.
View Quote

Probably some conscript 19 year old that got beatten and ass raped in the russian army, most of them don't want to be there either.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

It’s like Hillary said. Have an outside policy and an “inside” policy. Say one thing in front of the curtain and do another behind the curtain.
View All Quotes

Wow! I'd love to know what kind of shit is going on behind the scenes to suddenly make China completely shift course? Do we have some sort of serious leverage to use against them? Or what may have Pudding Head offered them? Obviously something is motivating them to suddenly speak up whereas they had remained silent or even supported the Russian position.

It’s like Hillary said. Have an outside policy and an “inside” policy. Say one thing in front of the curtain and do another behind the curtain.

Has China ever told the truth about anything? That's pretty much rule no. 1 for communism.

We're at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia....
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Kyiv feed offline. Power out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RainierV:

Again, there was no chance Ukraine was going to be offered NATO membership anytime soon. It's pure Russian propaganda. If anything, Putin's invasion of Eastern Ukraine, Crimea, and now the entire country has put Russia MUCH closer to an altercation with NATO, and has made it more likely that Ukraine will one day be a part of NATO if they can repel Russia.
View Quote

In other words, a lie that has the advantage of being at least somewhat believable on its face, since it plays into previous Russian actions and attitudes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Pred:
What happens if a half million chinamen run up through eastern Russia with such a chunk of Russians in the west?
View Quote

Putin goes completely mad and launches canned sunshine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I seriously wouldn't take those Chinese tweets as anything substantial at all. Why would they care in the first place? They don't. It is a lie, just like all of the Russian lies leading to this point. It's a tweet and the cost to benefit ratio of those sentences getting people to view favorably on China is incredibly worth it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

that could be a bad sign. they have been leaving most civilian infrastructure intact.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Just lost the square feed? Power cut?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Hmmmmm.
View Quote

What?  Soldiers have been putting unauthorized morale patches on uniforms and gear forever.  Not to mention there are at least a few USCs over there fighting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sveesix:
View Quote

I was wondering, couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sveesix:
View Quote

We’ll Russia was just now bombing the hell out of the power plant.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Maybe Putin asked his buddy Xi to try to broker half of Ukraine for him to save face.
View Quote

I think that such a move would be to smear egg on the face of the US administration. China fixes world conflicts where US failed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
Something isn't right. But if it's somehow genuine, curious if the Russia/China alliance will break down.

Hope they turn on each-other.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
Something isn't right. But if it's somehow genuine, curious if the Russia/China alliance will break down.

Hope they turn on each-other.

It doesn't cost them anything and doesn't obligate them of anything. At this point, they're saying the same thing as everyone else on the UNSC without the condemnation.
[#19]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

And there it is is, China decides to play responsible adult.  That's bigger than SWIFT.  I can see them offering some extremely pro-Russian arbitration, that may even have been the plan from the get-go which would explain the relative restraint from Russia.  Admittedly that's a stretch, but China jumping in on the side of restraint so early is unexpected.
View All Quotes

And there it is is, China decides to play responsible adult.  That's bigger than SWIFT.  I can see them offering some extremely pro-Russian arbitration, that may even have been the plan from the get-go which would explain the relative restraint from Russia.  Admittedly that's a stretch, but China jumping in on the side of restraint so early is unexpected.

IMO this is Xi trying to make moves to push out the US and assert China as the leader on world diplomacy.
[#20]
Russia just shut the lights off. Going to bomb the fuck out of Kyiv while the rest of the world goes on their weekend?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

What is false about it, and what is your view?
View Quote
Russia is historically an empire. Putin is continuing that and has stated what lands he wants to conquer.  This is not and never was a NATO issue.  NATO was formed strictly due to Stalins USSR being the pieces of shit they were.  History is not on the side of the 'her derr its NATOs fault.. reeee!'
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
Originally Posted By Pred:
What happens if a half million chinamen run up through eastern Russia with such a chunk of Russians in the west?

And then Moscow would see record high temps.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By couchlord:
Why haven't the Russians knocked out Ukraine's power grid?
View Quote

They want that infrastructure in place for when they take over.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MBentz:
Russia just shut the lights off. Going to bomb the fuck out of Kyiv while the rest of the world goes on their weekend?
View Quote

Can’t stop the signal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:

If Ukraine continues to devolve into a Russian quagmire, then it will only get worse.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:

He's lost his damn mind.

If Ukraine continues to devolve into a Russian quagmire, then it will only get worse.

Russia winning in Ukraine would be terrible.

Russia losing in Ukraine could be worse. Putin with his back against the wall isn't something any of us want to see.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

That’s rich coming from them
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/0302CA13-D48A-4186-AD7C-E24A4CDF4D5E-2292756.jpg

He's responding to a post on which depicts Trump as some savior in the Ukrainian crises when Trump's "best people" Paul Manafort was the Kremlin-paid campaign manager for the communist party- lite's Yanukovych which was Putin's Plan A to take Ukraine internally. Yanukovych "replaced" Pro-USA Yuschenko and began to start Russian reforms like: change Ukrainian schoolbooks to reflect Russian history, make Russian an official language equal to Ukrainian, stopped ALL Ukrainian military modernization projects, and the big one: pushed to allow Russian troops to be station on multiple Ukrainian military bases - that was the last straw which got him thrown out (he fled to Russia - big surprise). Manafort then went to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland and instead of opening up the meeting with getting Trump nominated, he starts off with proposing that the Republican foreign policy on Ukraine getting heavy weapons go from favorable to unfavorable. Trump pardoned him by the way... So know we are witnessing Putin's desperate Plan B.

Trump was/is a DUNCE when it comes to foreign affairs and knowledge of history especially history of Europe yet people on this thread keep bringing it up that he would be some kind of great leader for the Ukrainian crisis. If anyone thinks that Trump would be be the leader for the Russian invation of Ukraine (and I'm not saying that leftist Biden is), then they must be as dumb as Trump is especially after reading this interview Trump did with Fox News' Eric Bolling in 2014 (his recent comments last week were equally as stupid):

Regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Trump said Putin's action was "so smart."

“Well, he’s done an amazing job of taking the mantle," Trump said of Russian president Vladimir Putin in an interview with Fox News' Eric Bolling. "And he’s taken it away from the president, and you look at what he’s doing. And so smart. When you see the riots in a country because they’re hurting the Russians, okay, ‘We’ll go and take it over.’ And he really goes step by step by step, and you have to give him a lot of credit."

"Interestingly, I own the Miss Universe pageant," Trump added. "We just left Moscow. He could not have been nicer. He was so nice and so everything. But you have to give him credit that what he’s doing for that country in terms of their world prestige is very strong."

Trump also said in the interview that "the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

Trump's comments made in May 2014 speech to the National Press Club:

“And another country, wants to come in and join—they love Russia," he said then. "They say—now we send in our pollsters, we say, ‘That’s not true.’ Well, you know, guess what? They want to form with Russia. How the hell are we involved? Okay, we’re involved in all of this. Isn’t Europe supposed to be involved in this?”

And for all Trump didn't do anything for the 2A and he did hurt the 2A, yet some people here just can't get enough of him.

This is relevant to this board as "best people"/ Trump's guy Paul Manafort was INTEGRAL to Putin's first plan to take over Ukraine. I did not bring this up again but I am responding.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Russian media reports that no Russians have been killed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
Someone shot up the people in this car

View Quote

There is footage that looks to be from the north of Russians shooting pretty much anything that moves.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Is Putin gonna eat a bullet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Biden is live right now naming a new supreme court pick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Biden is live right now pimping his SCOTUS pick while Ukraine goes dark.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

This is all about energy independence and policy. Trump’s strengthened the free world and weakened Russia. Biden’s weakens the free world and strengthens Russia.  

They wouldn’t dream of doing this if Europe wasn’t so dependent on Russia. All talk of how much military aid and attached kickbacks is a canard. Ukraine could have bought as many weapons as they wanted to. They didn’t need Uncle Sucker to foot the bill.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:
Originally Posted By FDC:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crycryGirl-329.gif

Trump is the one that provided lethal aid to Ukraine. If not for him it would be going even worse for them.

This is all about energy independence and policy. Trump’s strengthened the free world and weakened Russia. Biden’s weakens the free world and strengthens Russia.  

They wouldn’t dream of doing this if Europe wasn’t so dependent on Russia. All talk of how much military aid and attached kickbacks is a canard. Ukraine could have bought as many weapons as they wanted to. They didn’t need Uncle Sucker to foot the bill.

They needed the US for advanced weapons and training not to mention behind the scenes support.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Blue] [#37]
Not saying this to insult Finland, but their armed forces are irrelevant.
View Quote

Yeah sure, we only got 3 x the trained reserves than Ukraine, none of our gear is Soviet handouts and we just signed a deal to upgrade our AF to F35s (which will eke the defense spending alone over 2.0% in a couple years).

And it's not about skis and AKs (although I was just XC skiing near my war time AO in the snow storm yesterday), we could also drop a boat load of JSOWs, JASSMs, and GMLRS-ER rockets on them. We've got the strongest artillery in Europe after Russia.

Even our territorial forces are not ones training in civilian clothes and with cardboard AKs as in Ukraine, we have up to date kit including personal weapons ready to go and packed.

But let's not divert the thread with talk of NATO expansion. That is not realistically going to save Ukraine. Lets talk about immediate ways of helping Ukraine instead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Definitely Nazi like behavior.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Baddy:

Definitely Nazi like behavior.

Putin and Lavrov will go on TV and claim this is proof Ukraine is harvesting organs from innocent Russian soldiers...  I called it first!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

It's a trick. Get an axe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That’s near NK level insanity. Putin go golfing today and hit a hole in one on every hole too?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Too bad most now never ever go to tech forums.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Everyone here had a first post at some point.

Too bad most now never ever go to tech forums.

Came for the guns, stayed for GD.

Seriously, I got all the tech info I needed using search and reading.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

Interesting - perhaps establishing plausible deniability IF Putin decides to use low-yield NUKES
View Quote

At this point based on how he went off the deep end and started an all out war? Entirely possible. I could see him hitting major eastern cities.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Well done
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Well done

It is but she will probably be dead by sunday.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

https://c.tenor.com/yeJw5Y-wSpgAAAAC/not-sure-hmm.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

https://c.tenor.com/yeJw5Y-wSpgAAAAC/not-sure-hmm.gif

I wish I could find the tweet I saw yesterday, but someone previously linked to years of Chinese statements on Ukraine and they've always said the same thing. Nations should respect territorial sovereignty, we urge dialogue, we want to see peace, etc.

It is standard Chinese diplomatic fare. The only potential change is China not calling out the West and the United States for ostensibly being responsible for the crisis because of NATO's expansion.

Ultimately, if the Chinese are going to pivot it will ne unambiguous when they do.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Comments say Chechen from Dagestan?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Power and heat out in Kyiv?  Now the invaders will have to deal with angry babushkas armed with molotov cocktails
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:18:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rifle_length] [#49]

Wow! I'd love to know what kind of shit is going on behind the scenes to suddenly make China completely shift course? Do we have some sort of serious leverage to use against them? Or what may have Pudding Head offered them? Obviously something is motivating them to suddenly speak up whereas they had remained silent or even supported the Russian position.
View All Quotes

It's all apart of the plan that Putin and Xi put together behind the scenes. Putin rolls into Ukraine and musses their hair a bit and then China pops up to facilitate "talks" that would no doubt favor Russia's position heavily. I mean no disrespect to Ukraine but Russia has not been taking this special mission campaign seriously.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 312 of 5589)
Top Top