Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 138 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

He could have recognized Donbas and sent in peacekeepers without the massive invasion force.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Sorry if it's been discussed already, this thread moves fast.

I'm thinking this MAY have been his intention all along, and the threat of invasion was to make this "small" grab more palatable to the world. But who knows, he's obviously in a great position to invade the rest of Ukraine if he wants to.

He could have recognized Donbas and sent in peacekeepers without the massive invasion force.

He could have, but he's also paranoid.

Not saying this is the case, just a possibility.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Thank you! And thanks to all who hate Russian propaganda!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Absolutely.

BerettaGuy: I think you're doing a great job with it. Ignore the naysayers.

Thank you! And thanks to all who hate Russian propaganda!

I grew up with it. There's little I hate more.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Under Biden, Americans Tell NBC Rising Gas Prices Are “Already Expensive & Now It’s Outrageous”
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Like what?  

I went to his twitter feed and the first thing I noticed was the comparatively small amount of posts on Ukraine versus Canada or covid.  Those seem to be more important to him.  I don't disagree with that at all.  What's happening in Canada has , at a minimum, as much impact as a Russian invasion of Ukraine to America, if not more.  That's our back yard, and may be spilling into the US.

I did see multiple posts going after the US and European admins for drumming up missed invasion times, and hypocrisy with Libya and other countries.  None of that is false.

You're gonna have to show me the "Russian propaganda" that he's been saying, because I'm not seeing it.  Calling out our leadership for gaslighting and misdirection is not Russian propaganda.
View Quote

It’s possible to criticize the shit Biden foreign and domestic policies and not be parroting RU propaganda. Sometimes things just intersect by themselves.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:
BREAKING: #RUSSIA'S UPPER HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT VOTES IN FAVOUR OF GIVING PUTIN FORMAL AUTHORITY TO DEPLOY RUSSIA'S ARMED FORCES ABROAD

Fuck
View Quote

To be fair though, the US does it all the time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
A little timeline.

Kiev, in fact, is already conducting military operations in the Donbass, brazenly and with impunity, said Deputy Defense Minister Pankov at a meeting of the Federation Council

⚡️Russia will take all available measures to eliminate the threat to peace in Donbass, said Deputy Defense Minister Pankov -Zvezdanews
View Quote

The russian SM channels are reporting this to mean in connection of the situation in Donbass. And will be peacekeeping forces per Matvienko.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Germany's Scholz Halts Certification of Nord Stream 2 Pipeline

Germany's Scholz Halts Certification of Nord Stream 2 Pipeline
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Lots of conservative Americans like Putin over other(liberal) Americans because of Putins  conservative tough guy personna. It was fairly recently when Putin said that America is losing it's culture to liberals.
Putin knows what he is doing.
View All Quotes

If you look at Paul Joseph Watson’s Tweets, they are comical regurgitation of Russian propaganda, and more important, he parrots those very same points that all the “Join Date, Post Count” folks that show up here seem to love.

Lots of conservative Americans like Putin over other(liberal) Americans because of Putins  conservative tough guy personna. It was fairly recently when Putin said that America is losing it's culture to liberals.

None that have any knowledge of recent (~75 years) history.  And I would use the word "some" and not "lots" as an accurate description.  You can also say that "some" Americans believe about any subject.

With that said, our leadership is in shambles.  We're constantly fed garbage by the fifth column of MSM, and "conservatives" are constantly attacked by Washington.  That breeds mistrust, for good reason.  

If you want to blame anyone, blame DC (notice that I didn't differentiate strictly by Democrat or Republican) and the media.  They're fueling this fire, and it's on purpose.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 07Commander:

View Quote

I bet he builds a base in Cuba.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Doesn’t it usually come before we kick someone’s teeth in though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
BREAKING: #RUSSIA'S UPPER HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT VOTES IN FAVOUR OF GIVING PUTIN FORMAL AUTHORITY TO DEPLOY RUSSIA'S ARMED FORCES ABROAD

Fuck
View Quote

I knew it would escalate. I hope it stops.

Are there any details? I heard talk of Cuba and Venezuela yesterday, possibly Nicaragua. Putin has been working/funding those countries for over a decade and has alluded to putting Russian bases there as far back as 2009.

Is anyone (or website) tracking Russian subs near our coastline? There a ton of articles but if there was one site that would be great. Clinton pulled our sub hunters from 250 miles out back to 50 miles out, as far as I know no president has put them back out.

And we have no civil defense program since Carter scuttled it (along with stopping AWAC flights near Cuba, and giving away the Panama Canal...). Even with many serious threats from China, Russia,  North Korea, no president in modern times has bothered to do jack shit to encourage civil defense, but shelters have been modernized/updated and built for politicians - screw the pee ons.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Fuck
View Quote

Here come the movements of more pieces.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#13]

I knew it would escalate. I hope it stops.

Are there any details? I heard talk of Cuba and Venezuela yesterday, possibly Nicaragua. Putin has been working/funding those countries for over a decade and has alluded to putting Russian bases there as far back as 2009.

Is anyone (or website) tracking Russian subs near our coastline? There a ton of articles but if there was one site that would be great. Clinton pulled our sub hunters from 250 miles out back to 50 miles out, as far as I know no president has put them back out.

And we have no civil defense program since Carter scuttled it (along with stopping AWAC flights near Cuba, and giving away the Panama Canal...). Even with many serious threats from China, Russia,  North Korea, no president in modern times has bothered to do jack shit to encourage civil defense, but shelters have been modernized/updated and built for politicians - screw the pee ons.
View Quote

None yet officially
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Are sanctions...imminent?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Originally Posted By TallyGator:
US Principal Deputy National Security Advisor just labeled the Russian actions an “invasion” and said more US sanctions will be coming in an interview.

Are sanctions...imminent?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:27:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whollyshite] [#15]

It’s possible to criticize the shit Biden foreign and domestic policies and not be parroting RU propaganda. Sometimes things just intersect by themselves.
View All Quotes
Like what?  

I went to his twitter feed and the first thing I noticed was the comparatively small amount of posts on Ukraine versus Canada or covid.  Those seem to be more important to him.  I don't disagree with that at all.  What's happening in Canada has , at a minimum, as much impact as a Russian invasion of Ukraine to America, if not more.  That's our back yard, and may be spilling into the US.

I did see multiple posts going after the US and European admins for drumming up missed invasion times, and hypocrisy with Libya and other countries.  None of that is false.

You're gonna have to show me the "Russian propaganda" that he's been saying, because I'm not seeing it.  Calling out our leadership for gaslighting and misdirection is not Russian propaganda.

Absolutely.  

As an example for me, I grew up during the end of the cold war.  I have honestly been raised to have a healthy distrust of Russia, which I still have.  I think Putin is a soft dictator and a murderer.  He is in no way a friend or ally of anyone in the West.

I also believe it's in the US President's, as well as many Western leaders', best interests to deflect attention from current domestic and "Western nations'" events and toward Russia.  I also realize that the media and elite want this deflection, and will work towards it.

All of that can be true at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Fuck
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

That's exactly what a Russian agent would say.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Not looking good

Seems that they are going after the claimed territories at minimum.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Biden is set to announce new sanctions today at 2pm.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#21]

None that have any knowledge of recent (~75 years) history.  And I would use the word "some" and not "lots" as an accurate description.  You can also say that "some" Americans believe about any subject.

With that said, our leadership is in shambles.  We're constantly fed garbage by the fifth column of MSM, and "conservatives" are constantly attacked by Washington.  That breeds mistrust, for good reason.  

If you want to blame anyone, blame DC (notice that I didn't differentiate strictly by Democrat or Republican) and the media.  They're fueling this fire, and it's on purpose.
View All Quotes

If you look at Paul Joseph Watson’s Tweets, they are comical regurgitation of Russian propaganda, and more important, he parrots those very same points that all the “Join Date, Post Count” folks that show up here seem to love.

One can dislike Putin, and still recognize the West is led by feckless idiots.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#22]

"Aftermath"

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

The rest of the world recognizing those regions would be predicated on an agreeement about Ukrain joining NATO. The logic (or lack thereof) would be to cut your losses and reinforce the rest.

Russia wanted a buffer, they have their buffer in the new Republics they just recognized. Problem with buffers is once you control the buffer state you get to complain theres no longer a buffer.

And the idea that Ukraine is going provoke anything from Russia is getting old. You dont have to provoke a bully to hit you, theyre gonna do it anyway. Sometimes its best to be decisive and commit to action.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TallyGator:

Is it not possible for Ukraine to cede the regions Russia is taking and then join NATO as part of that deal? Officially recognize them as lost and try and defend what is left if (hahahaha) Russia were to push forward further?

FWIW i think this is a bad course of action, but thinking of the possibilities.

Potentially, but I'm not sure anyone in the world wants to join Russia in recognizing the provinces as not being part of Ukraine, and there would be a whole lot of handwringing about Russia viewing the extension of NATO membership to Ukraine as provocation.

The rest of the world recognizing those regions would be predicated on an agreeement about Ukrain joining NATO. The logic (or lack thereof) would be to cut your losses and reinforce the rest.

Russia wanted a buffer, they have their buffer in the new Republics they just recognized. Problem with buffers is once you control the buffer state you get to complain theres no longer a buffer.

And the idea that Ukraine is going provoke anything from Russia is getting old. You dont have to provoke a bully to hit you, theyre gonna do it anyway. Sometimes its best to be decisive and commit to action.

They don't want Ukraine in NATO because they don't want NATO on their border. But, if they take Ukraine, they have NATO on their border.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#24]
16.16 JAKE 21 WC-135W 61-2667 rtb to Mildenhall Squawking 7700 declaring an emergency with Hydraulic failure working Swan Mil 259.600

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

"Aftermath"

https://i.imgur.com/aa7tE3t.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dIq2jh9.jpg
View Quote

Convenient that wargonzo is nearby to take photos. Might as well be RT news.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By realwar:

View All Quotes

Look up Lourdes and Bejucal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

"Aftermath"

I just had that exact thought.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#29]
16.16 JAKE 21 WC-135W 61-2667 rtb to Mildenhall Squawking 7700 declaring an emergency with Hydraulic failure working Swan Mil 259.600

View Quote

Is that our nuke sniffer?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Not looking good

View Quote

They're going after Donbass. Russian SM channels are say Mariupol soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#31]

"Aftermath"

View Quote

Those pictures make it look like it got shot up and lit on fire.  Where was the "explosion"?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#32]

"Aftermath"

View Quote

Ummm, it looks like those bullet holes are coming from the outside going into the vehicle...
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#33]
It seems strange that there isn't tons of video of Russian troops in Ukraine like there was in 2014. Back then all of the networks were showing video of "unidentified gunmen" (Russian soldiers in debadged uniforms) with Russian army hardware, moving against govt buildings
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whollyshite] [#34]
Not looking good

View Quote

Realistically, I've thought that's Putin's only "win" in this mess.  He does something, but not any real escalation of war or strategy.  This has always been his end game.  Eventually, he'll want that territory to be completely part of Russia.

He's already spent tons of money and resources placing 150,000 troops around Ukraine, so if he backs out with nothing, then he looks like a pussy and has provided good intel to his enemies.  

If he truly invades, then it's even worse.  They'll eventually take "control" of a large portion of Ukraine, but at what cost?  It could mean a lot of body bags for him simply taking the country.  Holding the country could be exponentially worse, as I would think that the insurgent war could be even worse than Iraq and Afghanistan.  And with all of that, what does he really get?  Land for his pipelines and some farms?

Then, if real sanctions are passed, then that just makes it worse for himself, his oligarch buddies, and his country, on top of them burying their sons and brothers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

"Aftermath"

lol I know right.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]

"Aftermath"

View Quote

"It just exploded"

"What about all the bullet holes in the car?"

"It just exploded"
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#37]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Putin: we recognized Donetsk and Luhansk in the borders as described in their constitutions

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

Those pictures make it look like it got shot up and lit on fire.  Where was the "explosion"?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

"Aftermath"

Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

"Aftermath"

Ummm, it looks like those bullet holes are coming from the outside going into the vehicle...

Hey hey! Don't question the narrative glorious russian media gave us.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

That dude is a warrior. Hope he survives this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

View Quote
Wait, so now we like Biden and his policies?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 41Special:

Is that our nuke sniffer?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Breaking!! Russia is gay!  

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Putin asked "if we can still be on the side of good if we resolve things with force" replies: "Should good forces be helpless or defenceless? Good forces should be able to defend themselves."
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Absolutely.  

As an example for me, I grew up during the end of the cold war.  I have honestly been raised to have a healthy distrust of Russia, which I still have.  I think Putin is a soft dictator and a murderer.  He is in no way a friend or ally of anyone in the West.

I also believe it's in the US President's, as well as many Western leaders', best interests to deflect attention from current domestic and "Western nations'" events and toward Russia.  I also realize that the media and elite want this deflection, and will work towards it.

All of that can be true at the same time.
View Quote

Yes, I feel the same as you. I am not sure why certain individuals feel the need to call anyone who questions our own government as Russian propagandists. Sure, there have been several of those in this thread and it was obvious who they are.

But there are others who simply have expressed distrust for both our government and Russia. Seems this issue could splinter conservatives because you have those who believe the narrative Russia is just defending itself and harmlessly moving troops within its own borders. Then you have others who believe Russia can never say anything true and agreeing with anything they say about the US government means you are a Russian agent.

I fall somewhere in between. I believe Putin is evil and plans on taking Ukraine and potentially other Eastern European nations. I also believe our government is corrupt and using this opportunity to distract from domestic issues and the Covid narrative collapsing.

Russia isn't wrong when they say the US is trying to escalate this war. But they also conveniently leave out they want this war too and that they are the ones starting the whole thing. Both our government and Russia are bad. We should be able to agree on that. At least as conservatives. Liberals will probably just believe whatever they are told by the MSM.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#48]
Like what?  

View Quote

LOL! There is so much going back to the Russian invasion of Georgia but here is a taste:

Paul Craig Roberts [BIGTIME Russian apoligist and Ukraine hater] discusses ISIS+Ukraine with Alex Jones 9 2 2014

Just posted the other day (from Alex's favorite foreign news source) https://www.infowars.com/posts/mobilization-ordered-in-eastern-ukraine/

https://www.infowars.com/posts/putin-ukraine-has-become-a-puppet-regime-of-nato-the-west/ - Holy crap, read this article and watch Alex Jones' commentary video about Putin's speech : " to watch anyone [Putin]  speak the truth at that level is powerful" - Alexi Joneskov

He has dozens and dozens of videos for almost 14 years promoting Kremlin talking points and defending Putin. There are over 1,000 RT News articles posted on his websites. You do know how to do an internet search don't you?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
It seems strange that there isn't tons of video of Russian troops in Ukraine like there was in 2014. Back then all of the networks were showing video of "unidentified gunmen" (Russian soldiers in debadged uniforms) with Russian army hardware, moving against govt buildings
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Biden is set to announce new sanctions today at 2pm.
View Quote

Putin doesn't care.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 138 of 5589)
Top Top