Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1173 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Element94:

poor bastard
View Quote

Yeah, but he didn't feel a thing.  The lights just turned out.  

Not the worse way to go.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Fence disputes between Ukrainian farmers are gonna get real lively in the coming years.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Advanced Chinese and American fighter jets have had several encounters in the East China Sea, a source close to Beijing's military told the Post, saying it reflected the high level of tensions between the two nations.This came as a top US Air Force general said American Lockheed Martin F-35s had had at least one encounter with China's J-20 stealth fighters recently in the East China Sea and that the US side was "impressed".

US Pacific Air Forces commander Kenneth Wilsbach did not mention the time of the encounter, but the source said such close contact became more frequent in the second half of 2020, as tensions escalated between Beijing and Washington under the cloud of a likely "October surprise" in the final days of Donald Trump's presidency.

In an online discussion with military aviation experts  posted on the YouTube channel of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies on Tuesday  Wilsbach also highlighted the US Air Force's observation of the "air superiority" of the J-20s during the encounters.

"They are flying it [J-20s] pretty well. We recently had  I wouldn't call it an engagement  where we got relatively close to the J-20s along with our F-35s in the East China Sea," Wilsbach said in the video, adding that the US pilots had been "relatively impressed" with the command and control associated with the J-20."It's still too early to tell exactly what they intend to do with [the J-20]  whether it's going to be more like an F-35  that is primarily an air superiority fighter that has an air-to-ground capability."

Wilsbach also highlighted the "significant role" played by China's KJ-500 airborne early warning and control aircraft in terms of "capability for long-range fires".

The source  who is close to the Chinese People's Liberation Army  said encounters between the J-20s and F-35 had intensified since the summer of 2020 as the Trump administration moved to enhance ties with Taipei  triggering concerns that the outgoing US president might drag Beijing into military conflict.

"Beijing sent KJ-500 and more J-20s to conduct long-range patrols of the East China Sea in March 2020, when the PLA raised combat alert levels to prevent the American side from staging surprise attacks as the Covid-19 pandemic raged on the mainland," the source added.
US F-35 and Chinese J-20 fighter jets had close encounter over East China Sea: US general

Why do people insist of posting Chinese and Russian state propaganda news stories?

“Impressed with J20” blah blah blah…..
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Why do people insist of posting Chinese and Russian state propaganda news stories?

View Quote

If you can’t trust the South China Morning Post who can you trust?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
They are ripping off the financial institutions that underwrote the loans to purchase them. If they fly them out of Russia they will be immediately repossessed on landing. The other issue is the clock is ticking on the PCMS upkeep. If they are not maintained according to international standards they are not allowed to operate in most of the world's airspace. That's one of the reasons why China denying them certified parts is such a big deal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Originally Posted By goneshootin:

Flightradar24 is keeping track of commercial aircraft leased by Russia

Russia is not returning commercial aircraft. They've started re-registering them.
Many are leased by CMB Financial which is a Chinese company. So Russia is ripping off the Chicoms?
They are ripping off the financial institutions that underwrote the loans to purchase them. If they fly them out of Russia they will be immediately repossessed on landing. The other issue is the clock is ticking on the PCMS upkeep. If they are not maintained according to international standards they are not allowed to operate in most of the world's airspace. That's one of the reasons why China denying them certified parts is such a big deal.

Too bad there isn’t a way to brick the planes via satellite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

What type of unit? That sucks, my NG unit had all new M4s, peq4s, and such after 2006. We were still using PVS 7s in 2007, but I'm sure they've upgraded since.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

I spent 10.5 years in the US Army from 2009 to 2020. I used an M16A2 without an optic or laser pretty much the entire time.

If you aren't part of the 1/3 of the Army that is in SOF or a BCT... your equipment is from 1985.

What type of unit? That sucks, my NG unit had all new M4s, peq4s, and such after 2006. We were still using PVS 7s in 2007, but I'm sure they've upgraded since.

My unit just last week replaced 109 of our M16A2s ( some with Hydramatic lowers ) with M4A1s

Its a reserve commo unit

When we were in Saudi Arabia it made inventorying our weapons super easy, because we had M16A2s and everyone else had M4s  

588th BSB in Saudia Arabia had PVS-7s and we had PVS-14s

none of it makes sense
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]

"Impressed with J20" blah blah blah..
View Quote
"relatively impressed" with the command and control associated with the J-20.

That was damning with faint praise.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Dude imagine how I feel. Some of my own Ukrainian friends are like “there’s reason why Putin invaded” or don’t by into that Ukraine is the good guy”.

Lmao like what? That he’s a paranoid narcissist who thinks the greatest tragedy of the 20th century was the fall of the USSR? Freaking idiots.
View Quote

I'm sorry man.

This whole situation is beyond fucked.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

If you can't trust the South China Morning Post who can you trust?
View All Quotes

My apologies. I thought the increased tensions in the South China Sea were pertinent. Point taken on the source.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm more concerned by the fact that we may be seeing a serious erosion of the Petrodollar as the defacto currency for trading international oil commodities. Most people don't understand how much it underpins our economy. The winds of change are blowing and the fallout isn't all radioactive.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

I have trouble seeing anyone swap paper for paper with russia. If I was India, I would go for some of that sweet gold for paper that China got.
Maybe they are brave enough to tread into that deep IMF sanction water...
Seems like a bold strategy Cotton.
I'm more concerned by the fact that we may be seeing a serious erosion of the Petrodollar as the defacto currency for trading international oil commodities. Most people don't understand how much it underpins our economy. The winds of change are blowing and the fallout isn't all radioactive.

I'm no economist, but I think the petrodollar has been increasingly at risk for a while. We're not as bad as China, but our economy has been turning into a house of cards, with a massive push to move AWAY from oil. A correction - likely a very painful one - was on the horizon regardless.

The way this is happening, we are being pushing toward being more self-sufficient, including more domestic oil production. I still think a crash is coming, but I think we may have been nudged onto a slightly better path than the one we were on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4:

Turn on a news network. Any news network, at any time of the day or night, see the one thing they're covering to the exclusion of all else.

Back to your regularly scheduled "programming":

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75/345AACCB-B8B5-4B6B-8015-1177018D2285-2317627.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4:
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
No one cares, but you.

Turn on a news network. Any news network, at any time of the day or night, see the one thing they're covering to the exclusion of all else.

Back to your regularly scheduled "programming":

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75/345AACCB-B8B5-4B6B-8015-1177018D2285-2317627.jpg

I actually think the Russia-Ukraine war is a REALLY BIG DEAL.  I’m not surprised it’s all over the news because it’s extremely important snd a major world event.

If you want to argue that COVID was overblown there’s sone truth in there.  But Russia-Ukraine is actually a major event.

Just because something is covered heavily by the bees doesn’t automatically make it a conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

"At least it's not CNN!"

"I'm a free thinker, this guy is based"

"Psh, I'm not brainwashed by the MSM"

Are the usual responses when I ask why people are quoting Russian state media.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Russia has walked back its threat to torpedo the revival of the 2015 Iranian nuclear deal over recent sanctions imposed over its invasion of Ukraine, reopening the way to an agreement after nearly a year of talks.

The parties involved in the pact, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA, were reportedly close to reaching a deal in Vienna until the U.S. and EU imposed sweeping sanctions on Russia over its invasion of Ukraine. Moscow then demanded that future trade with Iran not be impacted by Western sanctions, prompting the talks to be suspended last week.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday that he had "received written guarantees" from the U.S. that its demands would be met, meaning the talks will likely proceed. The nearly simultaneous release of British-Iranian dual nationals from years of Iranian detention back to the U.K. and a reported U.K. repayment of a decades-old $530 million debt to Iran have improved prospects for an agreement.

"Deal could come together quite quickly  potentially as soon as this week," analysts at political risk consultancy Eurasia Group wrote in a note Wednesday.
View Quote
Russia backs down on demands in Iran nuclear deal talks, making revival of 2015 pact imminent
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#15]
My apologies. I thought the increased tensions in the South China Sea were pertinent. Point taken on the source.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure why they decided to drop the article, it seems to be talking about encounters from 2020...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Balu:

The Ukrainians information war skills are 2nd to none as it turns out. High production quality, professional editing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Balu:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

That is absolutely awesome!  Makes me want to grab a Ak and run through a wall!  No mercy!!

The Ukrainians information war skills are 2nd to none as it turns out. High production quality, professional editing.

Careful….half of GD jumped on the Russians dicks the moment they saw the “media” helping Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

There are links in that article to two articles about Right Sektor which were written by Jewish newspapers.

This patch? https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CvTv7sjCPh4/U3nrUYphCqI/AAAAAAAABTY/jAovAm1PJ30/s320/85290_original.jpg or the standard one?

See my post here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/OFFICIAL-Ukraine-conflict-thread/5-2499714/?page=297
(See moderators, I am making an effort to save site resources and post links to previous posts.
)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

None of the ZeroHedge fanboys took my challenge that Zerohedge.com pushes Russian narratives and THE challenge was:

- do a count on pro-Ukraine articles over the last month
- do a count on pro-Russia articles over the last month
- do a count on articles you feel are balanced/neutral regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine over the last month

Give us a list of the articles with a final count.

Since no one did here are some from the other week (and I've read ZeroHedge for about a decade by the way):

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/donbas-rebel-leaders-formally-urge-immediate-russian-military-assistance

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/praise-ukrainian-neo-nazi-battalion-given-green-light-facebook-intercept - there are Jews in Azov and Right Sektor (Jewish leadership and special Jewish RS patch) and I posted three times proof and info here. Jewish President Zelensky supports Azov as do other Jewish leaders in Ukraine . By the way, Ukraine is the only country in the world, besides Israel, to have had a Jewish president and prime minister at the same time. Funny how Tyler never mentioned that.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/how-not-explain-ukraine-crisis

If you can't identify the Russian/Kremlin talking points in those three articles you must have very poor understanding of: this conflict, the history of both nations, Russian propaganda, and the politics behind it.

US Accuses Financial Website of Spreading Russian Propaganda - NEWSMAX: NEWSMAX...
https://www.newsmax.com/money-wire/russian-propaganda-zero-hedge/2022/02/15/id/1056867/

AND THIS IS NOT THREAD SLIDING AS THIS KIND OF BS IS ALREADY AFFECTING VOTES IN CONGRESS BY INFLUENCING REPRESENTATIVES NOT TO SUPPORT MILITARY AID UKRAINE AND TO FAVOR RUSSIA. AT LEAST FOUR "PATRIOT" CONSERVATIVE CONGRESSMAN VOTED THIS WAY YESTERDAY AND ALL/MOST OF THEM HAVE BEEN GUESTS ON ALEX JONES, TUCKER CARLSON, ETC. AND THEY ALL POST NEWS FROM ALTERNATIVE RIGHT NEWS SITES WHICH HAVE BEEN USING RT NEWS FOR MANY DECADES. INFO WARS CONSTANTLY RUNS BULLSHIT "HISTORY" (DOUBLE VERIFIED LOL!) ARTICLES ON UKRAINE WHICH ARE BOGUS IF ONE HAS STUDIED UKRAINIAN HISTORY - THEY ARE GREAT AT TWISTING THE TRUTH AND LEAVING OUT FACTS. THE ONLY MOTIVE THAT SOME OF THESE WEBSITES HAVE TO RELENTLESSLY DEFEND RUSSIA IS THAT THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO SO AND THEY ARE NOT REAL CONSERVATIVES BUT GREAT SHOWMEN/ACTORS - JUST USING HONEYPOT TOPICS LIKE: 2A, PREPPER/SURVIVALIST INFO, ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE, GLOBALIST HISTORY, FREE SPEECH, AND OTHER TOPICS TO SUCK IN CONSERVATIVES.

Thoughts?
@Ryan_Ruck
@outofbattery
@Shenanigunz

Could you please post something about the Jewish right sector and patch?

There are links in that article to two articles about Right Sektor which were written by Jewish newspapers.

This patch? https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CvTv7sjCPh4/U3nrUYphCqI/AAAAAAAABTY/jAovAm1PJ30/s320/85290_original.jpg or the standard one?

See my post here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/OFFICIAL-Ukraine-conflict-thread/5-2499714/?page=297
(See moderators, I am making an effort to save site resources and post links to previous posts.
)

Thanks. I've never seen the patches before and I just wanted to see what they are.  I did a search as best I could and came up with nothing. All the talk of nazis in Azov, jewish gear is a pretty strong indicator of how much bullshit the rumors are.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Another new Ukrainian war music video, pretty damn awesome!

https://twitter.com/Eire_QC/status/1504875516205182978?s=20&t=MOcuTNTu2heC8MI5MGXxdA
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

All this is happening precisely because the US and Europe and helping to ensure it plays out that way.
Hence, our involvement is important.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Originally Posted By Old_Fashioned:

How many countries will you be okay with Putin taking before calling his bluff?

Defend NATO members, plain and simple.

NATO isn't under threat.  The only threat is nukes.  

They act like Putin is Blitzkriegging across Europe or something.  So far, he can't get through Ukraine without taking heavy losses.  At his current rate, he'll need 10 years to rebuild after this, especially with sanctions.  

He's already lost probably 10% of his forces, maybe more, and he still has a lot of ground to cover, including most cities.

Then, he gets to try to hold a country of 44 million that hate him with 150,000 troops.  That's the bulk of his military.

Putin is not on a path to taking over Europe, he's on a path to destroying his military power and his country.

All this is happening precisely because the US and Europe and helping to ensure it plays out that way.
Hence, our involvement is important.

I'll admit that I'm confused by this response.  I'm not sure what you're getting at.

All I can really say is that I would be 1000 times more worried about Putin just outright nuking NATO-membered Europe as opposed to Putin using this ragtag army to invade anyone with any real capabilities.  It would be a slaughter, assuming that they're even combat capable once this Ukraine situation is over.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]

That is absolutely awesome!  Makes me want to grab a Ak and run through a wall!  No mercy!!
View All Quotes

It was pretty stirring.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Ex convoy:

View Quote

It's really interesting that a Turkish-made drone being flown by Ukrainians has a display written in English.

I find it hard to believe that this is common around the world...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

I'm not sure why they decided to drop the article, it seems to be talking about encounters from 2020...
View Quote
Most likely to coincide with the Sino-US discussions via telephone this morning.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

Italians are fun to party with, have great food and drink, but they are pretty much a net-0 when it comes to helping out in war.  

I'll give you the Greeks, those are some hard MFers typically.  

But the Italians...?  Nah.
View Quote

Italian submariners were very effective in WWII. Their navy was hampered by no air support and lack of radar

The Greek navy was front line with the British the only non commonwealth nation to receive new warships off the stocks and Brits gladly paired one of their destroyers with a Greek one.

Some people just take to the water. Americans, Brits, Japs, and while most landlubbers don't make the transition the Germans did well
The Greeks have been tough on the water for over 2500 years and it was the Greek navy that was the deciding advantage in Greece winning all 3 Balkan wars against Turkey (Flagship Georgios Averof, a big cruiser, is a museum to this day)

Russia has been dismal on the water so have the Chinese.
I expect the Japanese navy to clean their clock unless stand off tech makes the Chinese better than they might otherwise be

The Greeks have enough AIP type 214s to eliminate everything Ivan has in the med. Hard to know if Russia even realizes how outclassed they are in this case
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#24]
As bad as some of the Russian bots and InfoWars types can be I am really noting a huge amount of chest puffing by some of the resident Larry Lefties here deciding this thread is a great place to take political pot shots….

MODS can we keep it on the subject matter plz. Hard enough to keep up with this great thread without parsing through MTG or Tucker vitriol… or the 15th sneer about Q nonsense from 2019.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By elcope:

You should write Hallmark cards.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I hope that in a couple short weeks I can pay this one 5€ to put a carrot in her ass and hum the Russian national anthem while galloping like a green tailed pony because she needs a job and diplomat for the Putin regime is no longer an option.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/7CEB3739-60F9-4B68-B622-08A635134851_jpe-2317767.JPG

You should write Hallmark cards.

"Galloping like a green tail pony..."

Guess what image I'm going to have stuck in my head all day, now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:28:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#26]

What type of unit? That sucks, my NG unit had all new M4s, peq4s, and such after 2006. We were still using PVS 7s in 2007, but I’m sure they’ve upgraded since.
View Quote

I think he was a field artillery officer. I suspect he was in a high mobility rocket launcher battery.  Those guys carried M16A2s.

I suspect you weren’t in the NG very long.

I’m a psychic. It’s a gift.   Sometimes a burden.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

I had to.

https://i.imgur.com/0TV68Fa.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By toaster:

Looks like a Benny Hill skit.

No kidding.

I had to.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

See:
The Peloponnesian War
The Campaigns of Alexander
The Third Punic War
The Gallic Wars, or pretty much all of Roman Republican expansion post Macedonia
Attila's and Alaric's invasions
The Islamic conquests of North Africa, Spain and Anatolia

Do you see a pattern here?  This is just the examples I can think of off the top of my head that will have easily accessible sources.  I can add a couple hundred more if you're not getting it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phocks:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Hitler is always the example brought up of appeasement leading to greater aggressiveness. I've never heard another example used.

I'm curious what other examples there are where this has happened?

See:
The Peloponnesian War
The Campaigns of Alexander
The Third Punic War
The Gallic Wars, or pretty much all of Roman Republican expansion post Macedonia
Attila's and Alaric's invasions
The Islamic conquests of North Africa, Spain and Anatolia

Do you see a pattern here?  This is just the examples I can think of off the top of my head that will have easily accessible sources.  I can add a couple hundred more if you're not getting it.

We can be friends. I consider that we already are, personally, even if you don't want to be.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

No kidding.

I had to.

Now, dub in the music.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#30]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

It's really interesting that a Turkish-made drone being flown by Ukrainians has a display written in English.

View Quote
English is the language of aeronautics, Turkey probably wants to sell these across the world without having to rewrite the software in 40 languages.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Yu and I, lone corks bobbing aone upon a vast sea of historically benighted nincompoop waves....
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#32]

View Quote

English has been the international language of aviation for many decades.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#33]

I had to.

View All Quotes

No kidding.

I had to.

Bravo!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Ex convoy:

That question comes up a lot.  English is the language of aviation around the world.  I imagine the code was written in English as a default, and may not yet be coded for Ukrainian and their alphabet yet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Russian cocksuckers are killing KIDS, on purpose to terrorize Ukraine into surrendering.
KIDS!  Never before has the realization of what they are doing gone so deep in my Psyche.
It hurts my soul that these are the kinds of people that become leaders of nations: win at
ANY cost.  I'm suffering great anxiety over this like do I want to live in a world with this
philosophy?

Do I believe Joe Biden, Xi, Trudeau, Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler. Obama. and the rest have/have had this
in common?  You bet your ass I do.

I've been so naïve.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Russia's staggering losses over 3 weeks of Ukraine fighting already exceed entire wars

In the three weeks since Russia launched its war against Ukraine, the fighting has taken a heavy toll on both sides and the civilians trapped in cities like Kharkiv and Mariupol, where authorities are trying to rescue 1,300 people who had sheltered in a theater that was attacked.The toll also appears to be huge and mounting for Russia's military.

Seven thousand Russian troops have been killed in battle so far, according to a US intelligence estimate reported by the New York Times, and that's a conservative estimate. Four Russian generals have died and the Times reported on March 16 that between 14,000 and 21,000 Russians troops had been injured.

By this estimate, Russian military deaths are now much higher than the number of American troops killed in either the Iraq or Afghanistan wars, at 4,825 and 3,576 respectively.

The Russian casualties appear to be of a scale similar to those at Iwo Jima  one of the bloodiest battles in Marine Corps history  where about 6,852 US troops died and around 19,000 were injured in five weeks of fighting against an entrenched Japanese force, which sustained an estimated 18,000 dead and missing.

If Russian forces were to continue losing troops at this rate, in a year about 121,000 Russian troops would be dead, with injured likely to be three or four times higher  suggesting Russia's offensive must break the Ukrainian resistance or suffer unsustainable losses. That toll, for example, would be higher than American casualties during the Korean War, where 36,576 Americans died over the course of three years.

Ukraine's military has also suffered heavy losses, likely to be much higher than the 1,300 troops Ukraine has confirmed as killed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Lots of begging...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
Biden's call with Xi lasted 1hr-50min.

Lots of begging...

Or Brandon feel asleep....
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Russian cocksuckers are killing KIDS, on purpose to terrorize Ukraine into surrendering.
KIDS!  Never before has the realization of what they are doing gone so deep in my Psyche.
It hurts my soul that these are the kinds of people that become leaders of nations: win at
ANY cost.  I'm suffering great anxiety over this like do I want to live in a world with this
philosophy?

Do I believe Joe Biden, Xi, Trudeau, Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler. Obama. and the rest have/have had this
in common?  You bet your ass I do.

I've been so naïve.
View Quote

Whatever you do, don't look at wars in the Middle East, Asia, or Africa.  Also, don't look up abortion statistics for the US.  You'll either have a heart attack or go into deep depression.  I'm not sure which...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#39]

That question comes up a lot.  English is the language of aviation around the world.  I imagine the code was written in English as a default, and may not yet be coded for Ukrainian and their alphabet yet.
View All Quotes
Ex convoy:

Ok.  Strange, but legit.

I wouldn't know, that's for sure...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#40]
If he had exited toward the front, he might have survived.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Yes, exactly. That is total production, and not looking at exports or imports.

Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of wheat during 2020.

Russia: US$7.9 billion (17.6% of total wheat exports)
United States: $6.32 billion (14.1%)
Canada: $6.3 billion (14%)
France: $4.5 billion (10.1%)
Ukraine: $3.6 billion (8%)
Australia: $2.7 billion (6%)
Argentina: $2.12 billion (4.7%)
Germany: $2.1 billion (4.7%)
Kazakhstan: $1.1 billion (2.5%)
Poland: $1 billion (2.3%)
Romania: $948.8 million (2.1%)
Lithuania: $910.7 million (2%)
Bulgaria: $699.2 million (1.6%)
Latvia: $649.2 million (1.4%)
Hungary: $630.6 million (1.4%)

Among the top exporters, the fastest-growing wheat suppliers from 2019 to 2020 were: Poland (up 142.4%), Germany (up 67.7%), Latvia (up 35.2%) and Lithuania (up 34.9%).

Below are the 15 countries that imported the highest dollar value worth of wheat during 2020.

Egypt: US$2.7 billion (5.6% of total imported wheat)
Indonesia: $2.6 billion (5.4%)
Turkey: $2.33 billion (4.8%)
China: $2.26 billion (4.7%)
Nigeria: $2.06 billion (4.2%)
Italy: $2.04 billion (4.2%)
Algeria: $1.65 billion (3.4%)
Philippines: $1.57 billion (3.2%)
Japan: $1.53 billion (3.1%)
Morocco: $1.42 billion (2.9%)
Brazil: $1.34 billion (2.8%)
Bangladesh: $1.28 billion (2.6%)
Mexico: $1.1 billion (2.2%)
South Korea: $970.5 million (2%)
Netherlands: $955.1 million (2%)

Among the 100 major markets for imported wheat the fastest growing demand came from: Tanzania (up 3,392% from 2019 to 2020), mainland China (up 150.8%), Zimbabwe (up 99%), Nepal (up 84.9%), Albania (up 75.8%), Latvia (up 69.3%), United Kingdom (up 67.3%) then Kazakhstan (up 67%.).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
With Ukraine being a major exporter of wheat, you'd think this would be a major concern for the whole world.

Ukraine war: Russia blocks ships carrying grain exports

"Up to 300 ships have been stopped by Russian forces from departing the Black Sea, leaving one of the key global trade routes for grain virtually blocked. The fertile region is known as 'the world's breadbasket.'"

They can't seriously expect to get away with this for very long.

Separately, Russia announced export limits (posted earlier in thread).

Without wheat imports, Africa & Mideast have big problems. Putin knows this. Long term, there will be another wave of mass migration as people flee famine and food shortages in Africa & Mideast, and they'll all be headed to Europe & America.

Yes, he is 100% going to leverage that and so is China (who has been stockpiling for 2 years). If we take Russia, China, and Ukraine out of the mix its almost 30% of global wheat production.

Worldwide Wheat Production

The global trade of wheat is greater than all other crops combined. In 2017, the total global production of wheat was 772 million tons. It is the second-most produced cereal grain behind maize. Based on 2017 data, the European Union is the largest producer of wheat, producing 150.2 million metric tons of wheat. China, India, and Russia, the three largest wheat producers, account for about 41% of the world’s total wheat production.

Here are the 10 countries with the most wheat production:

China (134.3 million metric tons)
India (98.5 million metric tons)
Russia (85.9 million metric tons)
United States (47.3 million metric tons)
France (36.9 million metric tons)
Australia (31.8 million metric tons)
Canada (30 million metric tons)
Pakistan (26.7 million metric tons)
Ukraine (26.2 million metric tons)
Germany (24.5 million metric tons)

Seems like what each country produces isn't as important as how much they export. The theory is you would only export that which you didn't need back home. Since Russia, US, Canada, France, and Ukraine are the top 5 exporters (with Germany at #7 and Poland at #10), the impact of the war (and sanctions) on wheat availability is going to be significant. If the war broadens to include Europe as a whole, then wheat exports are going to crater. That will broaden the problems this conflict is causing to a lot of countries around the world.

Yes, exactly. That is total production, and not looking at exports or imports.

Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of wheat during 2020.

Russia: US$7.9 billion (17.6% of total wheat exports)
United States: $6.32 billion (14.1%)
Canada: $6.3 billion (14%)
France: $4.5 billion (10.1%)
Ukraine: $3.6 billion (8%)
Australia: $2.7 billion (6%)
Argentina: $2.12 billion (4.7%)
Germany: $2.1 billion (4.7%)
Kazakhstan: $1.1 billion (2.5%)
Poland: $1 billion (2.3%)
Romania: $948.8 million (2.1%)
Lithuania: $910.7 million (2%)
Bulgaria: $699.2 million (1.6%)
Latvia: $649.2 million (1.4%)
Hungary: $630.6 million (1.4%)

Among the top exporters, the fastest-growing wheat suppliers from 2019 to 2020 were: Poland (up 142.4%), Germany (up 67.7%), Latvia (up 35.2%) and Lithuania (up 34.9%).

Below are the 15 countries that imported the highest dollar value worth of wheat during 2020.

Egypt: US$2.7 billion (5.6% of total imported wheat)
Indonesia: $2.6 billion (5.4%)
Turkey: $2.33 billion (4.8%)
China: $2.26 billion (4.7%)
Nigeria: $2.06 billion (4.2%)
Italy: $2.04 billion (4.2%)
Algeria: $1.65 billion (3.4%)
Philippines: $1.57 billion (3.2%)
Japan: $1.53 billion (3.1%)
Morocco: $1.42 billion (2.9%)
Brazil: $1.34 billion (2.8%)
Bangladesh: $1.28 billion (2.6%)
Mexico: $1.1 billion (2.2%)
South Korea: $970.5 million (2%)
Netherlands: $955.1 million (2%)

Among the 100 major markets for imported wheat the fastest growing demand came from: Tanzania (up 3,392% from 2019 to 2020), mainland China (up 150.8%), Zimbabwe (up 99%), Nepal (up 84.9%), Albania (up 75.8%), Latvia (up 69.3%), United Kingdom (up 67.3%) then Kazakhstan (up 67%.).

It's sort of irrelevant what they've been exporting or what they could export if they spent the effort. The important factor in this calculus is that high protein hard red winter wheat like what Ukraine and Russia export has a minimum of ~9 to ~18 months lead time to make any production increase actual. That's fixed. There isn't any known way at this time to make wheat grow any faster or speed up the planetary seasons. Winter wheat is sown in the fall. It is now late winter Ides of March. Semolina and other low protein semolina soft wheats can be sown in the spring, I think, and possibly get a fall harvest this year,, but that's assuming a farmers regular jobber actually has seed in stock to fill 87 farmers emergency orders to plant an extra 87 million hectares, and I'd be willing to lay a bet they couldn't for any price right now. You can make more widgets quick, seeds and such don't work like that. They take as long as they take, and no less.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#42]
MIAMI (AP)  Adrian Kellgren's family-owned gun company in Florida was left holding a $200,000 shipment of semi-automatic rifles after a longtime customer in Ukraine suddenly went silent during Vladimir Putin's invasion of the country.

Fearing the worst, Kellgren and his company KelTec decided to put those stranded 400 guns to use, sending them to Ukraine's nascent resistance movement to help civilians fight back against a Russian military that has been repeatedly shelling their apartment buildings, schools, hospitals and hiding places.

"The American people want to do something," said Kellgren, a former U.S. Navy pilot. "We enjoy our freedoms, we cherish those things. And when we see a group of people out there getting hammered like this, it's heartbreaking."

Cocoa-based KelTec's donation is a high-profile example of Americans collecting guns, ammunition, body armor, helmets and other tactical gear in response to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's promise to arm his citizens. But many similar grassroots efforts have been snarled by inexperience with the complex web of regulations governing the international shipment of such equipment.
View Quote
American gunmakers help Ukrainians fight back against Putin
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jungatheart] [#43]
whollyshite

I know.  Somehow I just ignored the reality of what was happening, perhaps to keep
me from feeling the way I do now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I wonder how many russians said fuck it and just walked off the field.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Yea on Twitter she was screeching abut omgbioweapon labs

Sad thing is a lot of the people siding with Russia now are the people I used to follow on Twitter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Maybe the other red pill

Yea on Twitter she was screeching abut omgbioweapon labs

Sad thing is a lot of the people siding with Russia now are the people I used to follow on Twitter.

I've always thought Lara Logan was pretty solid. Signs of the occult throughout the Ukrainian military?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Ok.  Strange, but legit.

View All Quotes
Ex convoy:

Ok.  Strange, but legit.

English is also the international language of ordnance. Countries like Iran and China will label their ordnance in their own language for internal use and in English for export.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By M4:

Is it the only news event? Is it the only one that holds enormous consequences for our own country? Is it the only story being told with any emphasis what so ever? Yeah, it is.

The Biden administration could not be happier that there is one subject dominating every single news outlet. Why do you think that is?
View Quote
So no answer just bluster from you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

IIRC it'll be around twelve next year

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CB1:
I wonder how many russians said fuck it and just walked off the field.
View Quote

That we’ll never know.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#50]
How much more of Russia's "precious" demographic is Putin going to Grind up?

I know Putin isn't rational, but at what point does he cut his losses and pull out?

He'd lose face if he stopped now. If he keeps going he won't even be safe in Russia.

To people in the know... If this just keeps on going on and on what are the chances Russia sees any regions break away? Putin is basically burning all the tools he has to hold the place together. Is there a chance of Russia breaking up further if he continues down this path of fail?
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1173 of 5589)
Top Top