Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3080 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jpk33] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
UA, USA, and GB all sign a treaty guaranteeing RUS safety for giving up their nukes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By R0N:

And what happens when that nuclear armed government falls?
UA, USA, and GB all sign a treaty guaranteeing RUS safety for giving up their nukes.

Then we walk away from said agreement like was done to Ukraine

Beat by circuits
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By postpostban:

That should be it's own thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By postpostban:
Originally Posted By Redman556:

I can see the serious emotional attachment by many of you in the cause of a country that Is not the US and you push back against anything that does not meet the narrative

I will say what I have said many times before I could care less of my ancestor’s homeland and it’s squabbles I put the US interest first and many of you are letting that emotional attachment put the interests of Ukraine ahead of Americas.

It is in the interest of the US to see a traditional, nuclear armed, aggressive enemy destroyed, while using no US troops "officially" in or over the battlefield. This is a cheap method, both in money and blood, to destroy an enemy, that simply due to their size and Europe's need for it's oil, would be able to rebuild it's military over the next 20-30 years.

It is also in our interests to only have to really worry about one strategic enemy, China, rather than two, Russia and China.

This is a one time offer, at the lowest price we've ever seen or will ever see. Look at what we spent during the Cold War, and what we spent in men a money in conflicts we were involved in that the Soviets pushed in their expansion of global conquest. Vietnam, Korea, so many other smaller conflicts  in South America, Africa, and the Middle East.

There is no valid argument against our actions and support. There is a valid argument against kickbacks, waste, and fraud.

That should be it's own thread.

...but here we are having the same thread sliding conversation over and over again, with the same person. We get it. You don't support the war Ron.

It is pointless to even say anything else because once again, "emotions" invalidate anyone's response. Look in the mirror before you talk about emotions, or is it just about being a smooth operator troll?
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Yeah I add the people in UK to prayers every night.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]

I can see the serious emotional attachment by many of you in the cause of a country that Is not the US and you push back against anything that does not meet the narrative

I will say what I have said many times before I could care less of my ancestor’s homeland and it’s squabbles I put the US interest first and many of you are letting that emotional attachment put the interests of Ukraine ahead of Americas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Damn right!  Fucken A right. R0N can take his opinion and.....

This is what we need more of in this thread.  Folks who contribute absolutely zero to the thread running off actual subject matter experts.

There was something iff about R0ns whole spiel. I started to see some significant disconnects in logic.

I’m not sure how letting Ukraine loose is in our best interests. And I’m not Ukrainian. My family has been in USA since 1608 direct relative of ensign under Christopher Newport.

We (USA and Nato) made promises, it’s more important to keep our promises to other nations than to worry about a brief gap in capabilities. You argued that the stingers were upgraded, I can assure you many of them were not, and all were to be pulled by 2025 at the latest. Also the CLUs and javelins I saw were straight A model 199x.

Spoke to the guys pulling stores here in VA. We are not sending the best of the best.  

I’m also not referring to the Budapest memo. I’m referring to NATO contingencies and other enticements agreed to during the Minsk 2 deals. We promised Poland, Russia, and the Baltics a robust response if Russia went full retard. That’s how you keep your friends and allies. That’s how your deter wars. Throwing them under the bus or ignoring their concerns just leads to the dissolution of NATO and Countries like Russia starting wars. We lose Allie’s one by one, try fighting China with half the world on their side or completely compromised by tech integration etc.

It’s fricking peanuts man. Covid payouts etc are the real economic albatross and other wasteful programs. Gaining a battle hardy ally in a post rebuilt Ukraine, Eastern Europe will be essential to preventing Chinas plans of slow hegemony.

I have not met a person who studies geopolitics at any real level with half a brain who doesn’t see the layout of the pieces and best moves forward. You started in one area but shifted to other arguments that just didn’t make sense. If we’re going to turn isolationist like half Gd thinks is our constitutional mandate, we’ll it’s going to be one hell of ride and an even bigger hole we likely will never climb out of.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Depends on how it happens. I doubt that Russia turns into Haiti or Yemen.

Why didnt anyone worry about Nazi Germany falling if we beat them too bad? Or Japan. Maybe it will get ugly and the world will be less safe. Maybe. BUT, if Russia is allowed to illegally invade neighbors, annex territory and blackmail the world by threats of force, THEN THE WORLD IS LESS SAFE GUARANTEED.

I think we had this "what if" happen back in 1991 when the USSR was MUCH more dangerous.

Maybe Putin's Russia NEEDS TO FALL. Anyway the USA, Ukraine, NATO etc are reacting to Russia's aggression. If it gets too hot for Russia, they have the option to stop this war in 30 minutes flat. No one is invading Russia, murdering their civilians, or bombing their homes and hospitals.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

I wonder if this is going to tie in to the American made components in Russian/ Iranian drones.

Quote from further down the Twitter stream

"The couple owned a number of companies in Sweden, including companies that dealt with ship and aircraft equipment, computers and IT services, program development and financing of commercial projects."
View Quote

There are probably many many little GRU run "mom and pop shops" around the West to get around sanctions.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

No sir. I was referring to the picture where all the guys had frozen to death. Maybe I misunderstood what I read.

FWIW I hope the Ukrainians drive the Russians all the way back to Moscow.

Edit to add... wonder why the @ didn't work? Looks like you got my user name right. But I didn't get a notification.
View Quote

I don’t, and never have gotten them (the “@“  notifications).
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

It is in the interest of the US to see a traditional, nuclear armed, aggressive enemy destroyed, while using no US troops "officially" in or over the battlefield. This is a cheap method, both in money and blood, to destroy an enemy, that simply due to their size and Europe's need for it's oil, would be able to rebuild it's military over the next 20-30 years.

It is also in our interests to only have to really worry about one strategic enemy, China, rather than two, Russia and China.

This is a one time offer, at the lowest price we've ever seen or will ever see. Look at what we spent during the Cold War, and what we spent in men a money in conflicts we were involved in that the Soviets pushed in their expansion of global conquest. Vietnam, Korea, so many other smaller conflicts  in South America, Africa, and the Middle East.

There is no valid argument against our actions and support. There is a valid argument against kickbacks, waste, and fraud.

The next line of FSB security forces will take over. The whole OMG they’ll be nukes flying unless we let Russia win is bullshit. Russia has a pretty long history of traumatic power change. The nuke forces will button up and let the intelligence folks fight it out like they always do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Fundamentally the Russian state doesn't want an armed polulace and Ukraine was handing out guns.

The co-opted pro 2A parts of GD seemed to ignore this at the time. I've said it before but it was an eye opener to see people here complaining about the possibility of the handed out guns falling in to the hands of criminals

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fig_cX-XkAAwkOd?format=png&name=900x900

Fundamentally the Russian state doesn't want an armed polulace and Ukraine was handing out guns.

The co-opted pro 2A parts of GD seemed to ignore this at the time. I've said it before but it was an eye opener to see people here complaining about the possibility of the handed out guns falling in to the hands of criminals

Controlling a spike in currency outflow and exchange rate pressure is my instinctive guess.

For a number of reasons, maintaining currency stability is going to get very hard for them soon - or already is.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Actual high speed test footage near end of video.

View Quote

There was a similar system on an UGV back in the day; 'Fire Ant'.

Sting of the Fire Ant

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#15]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FifdKXjXgAEAz8b?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FifdKXkWQAgaKI2?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FifaqZ4WQAM797O?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Its incredible to see this; of all the forms of warfare, I never expected a return to WW1 style trench warfare to make a comeback.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#16]

They have proven they cannot even take Ukraine, a nation they border.  Much of threat was fantasy created by he IC, the same IC who now telling us we it’s important our defense to take them off board as a threat.
View All Quotes

We saw it happen all over Europe when the USSR fell. Nothing came of it, because they were more concerned about local survival than worldwide nuclear war. Many of the military personnel needed to make the system work, human safeties, the chain of command, no longer had an army to be deployed by and given orders to launch the nukes. Other things come into play as well.

The USSR / Russia lost a lot of their nukes and military equipment and personnel. They were worried about internal revolution / power structure.

The more troubling thing, is a Russia as a world power, an aggressive, murderous nation, that still has the power structure to effectively use them. Just due to this war as it is today, Russia is no longer a world power, which I don't think they really were since the late 80s. This war is just showing the world that they are more bark than bite. The correct result of this war, would be a Russia that is no longer a Regional power.

They have proven they cannot even take Ukraine, a nation they border.  Much of threat was fantasy created by he IC, the same IC who now telling us we it’s important our defense to take them off board as a threat.

Do you feel Russia could use nuclear weapons against the US if they choose to?

Wouldn’t it be better for Russia to have to expend their military budgetary resources rebuilding their army, taking away from their ability to maintain their nuclear arsenal?   The nuclear arsenal is our primary threat.  They only have so much money to expend on military assets, including that arsenal.  Degrading their military and economy, by extension, degrades their nuclear capabilities, as well as their Anti-Aircraft and missile defense capabilities, naval capabilities and budget, etc.  the reduction in their ability to wage nuclear war and project power is being seriously degraded by this conflict and sanctions.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

There was a similar system on an UGV back in the day; 'Fire Ant'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syuu_g7svoE

Sting of the Fire Ant

https://i.redd.it/vyzy0m4hj7i41.jpg
View Quote
Fred Saberhagan's Berserkers were closer then he thought.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#18]

I could say the same thing about you, and just about everyone else in this thread.

You and R0N both bring unique perspectives and valuable information, and that is what makes this thread great.  But please, let's not pretend that this thread isn't mostly the yin to Russian Telegram's yang.  The inability to see a flaw on the Ukrainian side, much less discuss it, is poison.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

There was something iff about R0ns whole spiel. I started to see some significant disconnects in logic.

I could say the same thing about you, and just about everyone else in this thread.

You and R0N both bring unique perspectives and valuable information, and that is what makes this thread great.  But please, let's not pretend that this thread isn't mostly the yin to Russian Telegram's yang.  The inability to see a flaw on the Ukrainian side, much less discuss it, is poison.

What disconnects have have I shown? Curious truly? My course in this thing has been set in stone for 8 years. What the US does or doesn’t do or give has no bearing on my decisions or actions. When it was grim and most said Ukraine would fall, I went.

It’s pretty simple for me, I keep my word. Whether it means financial ruin, death, or loss of property. The good part is from a moral standpoint it’s black and white. A lack of principles led us here. I’m biased because my friends have died etc but it doesn’t change the core of the issue. Russia invaded Ukraine, they are enemy of USA and an enemy to all our friends. They fucking deployed nerve agents and radioactive agents on British citizens. The list of Russians crimes is so long it could fill an old school encyclopedia. I just happened to experience that in a very visceral way. Their government is evil and they are fricking insane. Period
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Wow.. an indicator Belarus is about to enter the conflict?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fif-ZhEWIAAdg-o?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wow.. an indicator Belarus is about to enter the conflict?

Well shit, I need to pack a cold weather bag again. This is exactly why Russia is a problem. I wonder if they casually deployed Novichuk in a perfume bottle again? Completely cool to let them take over the largest country in Europe over a lack of 155mm shells.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Does Europe have valid complaints?
View All Quotes
Europe is freaking out about the 'Inflation Reduction Act' and its $369 Billion in subsidies for US clean energy investment. Combined with US's much lower energy costs compared to EU because of Ukraine, its very likely that a large # of EU biz will move to the US, or shift its future investments into the US.

Overall this is very good for the US economy, but may fracture the US-EU alliance against Russia to support Ukraine.

https://www.politico.eu/article/joe-biden-ira-inflation-reduction-us-ignores-eu/

https://www.politico.eu/article/china-win-transatlantic-trade-war-us-europe-czech-minister-josef-sikela/

This is now coming to a head. The combination of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), and the fact that the US is profiting from both weapons and LNG sales to Europe, has made these euros quite ungrateful and pissy. Notably, this is coming from Western Europe, not the eastern belt next to Russia...

https://www.politico.eu/article/vladimir-putin-war-europe-ukraine-gas-inflation-reduction-act-ira-joe-biden-rift-west-eu-accuses-us-of-profiting-from-war/

https://i.ibb.co/ZJkYhMr/Screen-Shot-2022-11-25-at-8-25-34-PM.png

https://i.ibb.co/HDK2Jgb/Screen-Shot-2022-11-25-at-8-17-25-PM.png

https://i.ibb.co/ckKW69R/Screen-Shot-2022-11-25-at-8-18-55-PM.png

Does Europe have valid complaints?

I'm not sure.

They're complaining about the price the US is selling them gas for, but the article mentions many of those are based on contracts already held. Plus LNG is massively more expensive inherently then pipeline gas, so Europe is always going to pay more for energy then US would.

The only gas I buy is butane for windproof lighters, so I cant speak to how LNG gas is priced for export.

Their issue with the IRA is that it provides massive incentives to 'Buy American' especially for electric cars and other green tech. Thats awesome for the US; not great for BMW trying sell german made electric cars to the US.

The US position seems to be - wisely - that the top priority is reducing incentives to 'Buy Chinese' for these various electric cars and components. (I'm all about this Buy American aspect.)

Europe is freaking out however because they fear losing access to the US market, and do not want to spend the $ to offer their own companies subsidies and industrial policy to make them competitive.

More broadly they are freaking out that the US is now zeroing in on its duel with China and not prioritizing Europe, or even thinking about it outside of containing Russia.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Depends on how it happens. I doubt that Russia turns into Haiti or Yemen.

Why didnt anyone worry about Nazi Germany falling if we beat them too bad? Or Japan. Maybe it will get ugly and the world will be less safe. Maybe. BUT, if Russia is allowed to illegally invade neighbors, annex territory and blackmail the world by threats of force, THEN THE WORLD IS LESS SAFE GUARANTEED.

I think we had this "what if" happen back in 1991 when the USSR was MUCH more dangerous.
View Quote

I think comparing conflict with a nuclear power is far different than a pre-nuclear one for obvious reasons. I don't think there should be any doubt what would have happened if Germany had nukes in 1918 or 1945.

Comparing the current situation is also rather different from the fall of the USSR, as that fall was not actively happening during military conflict.

I don't want Russia to win at all, and am not advocating handing over Ukraine to Russia or anything like that, but it is certainly a fair question to wonder about the end game here. How this ends absolutely needs to be considered by those "running the show".

The unfortunate reality is if Putin falls during this war, it's likely, from my perspective, that whoever takes his place will be more hardline.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#22]

This is what we need more of in this thread.  Folks who contribute absolutely zero to the thread running off actual subject matter experts.
View All Quotes

Yes, not good.

There should be some allowance for divergence of opinion, and certainly we should avoid pitchfork brigades.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Wouldn’t it be better for Russia to have to expend their military budgetary resources rebuilding their army, taking away from their ability to maintain their nuclear arsenal?   The nuclear arsenal is our primary threat.  They only have so much money to expend on military assets, including that arsenal.  Degrading their military and economy, by extension, degrades their nuclear capabilities, as well as their Anti-Aircraft and missile defense capabilities, naval capabilities and budget, etc.  the reduction in their ability to wage nuclear war and project power is being seriously degraded by this conflict and sanctions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

We saw it happen all over Europe when the USSR fell. Nothing came of it, because they were more concerned about local survival than worldwide nuclear war. Many of the military personnel needed to make the system work, human safeties, the chain of command, no longer had an army to be deployed by and given orders to launch the nukes. Other things come into play as well.

The USSR / Russia lost a lot of their nukes and military equipment and personnel. They were worried about internal revolution / power structure.

The more troubling thing, is a Russia as a world power, an aggressive, murderous nation, that still has the power structure to effectively use them. Just due to this war as it is today, Russia is no longer a world power, which I don't think they really were since the late 80s. This war is just showing the world that they are more bark than bite. The correct result of this war, would be a Russia that is no longer a Regional power.

Very good point, now the doubters will just argue that they won’t be able to afford the nuc security and will end up with sarmats walking off into Iran NK etc.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Yeah that was one of the most WTF takes of this whole debacle here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes, not good.

There should be some allowance for divergence of opinion, and certainly we should avoid pitchfork brigades.
View All Quotes

Yes, not good.

I definitely agree. Open discourse is the keystone of our society but I just hear a lot of chicken little the sky is falling and no real responses just pivots and whataboutism. There are plenty of “who gives a crap about Ukraine threads and reasons not to help Ukraine” this a thread about the war, what’s happening, how we can help. The current state of the battle front etc. it’s a distillation of war that I can check into and occasionally add knowledge or state real problems/challenges.

Ive noticed a circular type logic to the anti Ukrainian crowd, some hide it better than others but I’m not sure your going to persuade any of the regulars here to throw up their hands and say “your right let’s just pull out or give up, whatever” I’m not sure what they bring to the table? Critically low on 155mm shells at the same time open source media started reporting it?
Russia isn’t a threat ? They’re going to nuke us unless we let them win? Just my opinion
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Yeah I wish I had time and the access to really dig into the pro-Russian crowd on the site. I imagine you could find some interesting things out about the persons on the other end.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#27]

We are doing NO such a thing. We ARE putting Americas interest first by assisting Ukraine. And we need to be doing more of it.
View All Quotes

I will say what I have said many times before I could care less of my ancestor's homeland and it's squabbles I put the US interest first and many of you are letting that emotional attachment put the interests of Ukraine ahead of Americas.

We are doing NO such a thing. We ARE putting Americas interest first by assisting Ukraine. And we need to be doing more of it.
Can you guys stop bickering please. No one is changing the others mind.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#28]

I'm not sure.

They're complaining about the price the US is selling them gas for, but the article mentions many of those are based on contracts already held. Plus LNG is massively more expensive inherently then pipeline gas, so Europe is always going to pay more for energy then US would.

The only gas I buy is butane for windproof lighters, so I cant speak to how LNG gas is priced for export.

Their issue with the IRA is that it provides massive incentives to 'Buy American' especially for electric cars and other green tech. Thats awesome for the US; not great for BMW trying sell german made electric cars to the US.

The US position seems to be - wisely - that the top priority is reducing incentives to 'Buy Chinese' for these various electric cars and components. (I'm all about this Buy American aspect.)

Europe is freaking out however because they fear losing access to the US market, and do not want to spend the $ to offer their own companies subsidies and industrial policy to make them competitive.

More broadly they are freaking out that the US is now zeroing in on its duel with China and not prioritizing Europe, or even thinking about it outside of containing Russia.
View Quote

As I understand it, and I'm nobody, the gas situation for Europe that they need for all of their manufacturing and home heating and pretty much everything, is really f****** bad. Really bad. They are going to be beyond desperate for gas to avoid Armageddon level economic meltdown. They've willingly gotten into this to help ukraine. If we are now making bank on selling them natural gas I can understand why they would be mad about it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FibZnATWYAAEI7t?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

It's really nice to see all these countries donating their stuff to help Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#30]

As I understand it, and I'm nobody, the gas situation for Europe that they need for all of their manufacturing and home heating and pretty much everything, is really f****** bad. Really bad. They are going to be beyond desperate for gas to avoid Armageddon level economic meltdown. They've willingly gotten into this to help ukraine. If we are now making bank on selling them natural gas I can understand why they would be mad about it.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure.

They were all about buying on the spot market when the price was down.

If they'd have locked in some longer term contracts...
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

The "stockpiles" argument is broken.  It is a red herring

What are we spending in Ukraine?
155mm
excalibur
Javelin
stinger
Fill in the blank/choose your own adventure

Taiwan is a big island 60 miles off the coast of China.  A Taiwan scenario has muuuuuuch more in common with Operation Sealion then anything going on in the Ukraine. It will require TLAMs, TBM, theater air defense, and basically the USN and USAF.

For years and years the two big blues have been arguing for the shift to the Pacific, 5th generation fighters, bigger share of the budget.  Now they cant do their jobs because the US Army is depleting their stocks in a ground war in SE Europe?

If the USAF and USN fail those stockages don't matter. If the USN and USAF succeed, those stockages don't matter. The idea that pulling the plug on the Ukrainians to save irrelevant stockages of class V ammunition will result in a better outcome simply isn't happening.

Deterring the Chinese by burning up ammo killing Russians has a higher probability of success then saving our ammo, letting the Ukrainians fall, and then duking it ourselves in the S China Sea when deterrence fails.

Two apples and oranges scenarios that would be executed by completely different types of forces using different weapons.  Not 100% different, but close enough.
I'm not thrilled if we go zero balance on 155mm, that's not a good thing, but the Chinese will roll or not roll based on their assessment of our will, and how much they get slaughtered in the Taiwan Strait

We could go Fulda Gap it and plant a division of Army or Marines on the Island with a few nukes, then go to town in Ukraine.  The fact that we aren't doing that has more to do with deterrence and outcomes then the ammo stockage red herring.

Russia needs to get stomped. Russia needs to get made an example of.  They need to keep accountability of their nukes but as this could be round two of the 21st Century version of the Arab-Israeli wars, it is cheaper in the long run to monkey stomp them.  Rounds three, or four, really aren't what we want.
View Quote

Generally I agree. If we sent Taiwan 200% of our 155 and Stinger stocks, it would mean 0.00% difference.
Although I am hearing that some countries have ordered US systems and have been waiting on delivery for years. There is a backlog somewhere and the situation in Ukraine is not helping.

Still, all of the legit concerns aside, I support more aid to Ukraine. The upside potential is greater than the downside.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Around lunch time today, approximately 20 homes were damaged to different extents in Dnipro. Another pic...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Leaving the existing RUS institution in place and granting them a win here has very quantifiable consequences - opposed to the "potential" consequences of decapitating that institution that some people seem to be obsessed with...

Also have to echo that its just the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperSixOne] [#34]

It's really nice to see all these countries donating their stuff to help Ukraine.
View All Quotes

Electric Excavators?

Do they plan on powering them with generators?
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#35]
93rd Mechanized brigade lighting up the sky where there is darkness. Get some boys!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Maybe I'll paint mine to honor these guys.
Paint is in the mail. Finished the little pieces but may have gone blind.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Not exactly...they don't want to INCREASE the subsidies and protective trade barriers they already have in place to protect their industries to the point that the WTO can't pretend they're playing fair.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#38]

That's a cool kit...I have built quite a few ICM and Masterbox
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

You need to stop projecting.

Ad hominem: Personal attacks, ie, "you're emotional"...that's you.
Straw man arguments: The idea that we're not putting US interests first but you are. That's not the issue. Its insulting, really.
Appeal to ignorance: The only people who are on board with your fallacies are those who cant discern the difference between how Ukraine is fighting and how Taiwan would be defended. Apples/Oranges.
False dilemma: Either assist Ukraine OR save our ammo for Taiwan. Yeah, no.
Appeal to Authority: You and your unnamed Mil friends agree with you, so there it is. Don't know them. Don't care.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Is that a Sagger??! I was wondering when they would show up..
View Quote

Back in February I was going to import two sagger BRDMs. Keep one. Sell the other.

On February 24th the seller went dark. I was pissed. Couple hours later I heard the war started. Those vehicles are in Ukraine now
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Its incredible to see this; of all the forms of warfare, I never expected a return to WW1 style trench warfare to make a comeback.

View Quote

It didnt.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
The firing of disarmed nuclear capable missiles is mind blowing.

Depleting Ukraine's air defense makes little sense to me. The west will just keep resupplying.

I'm thinking the real reason is political. Putin or someone high up orders X missiles launched, and this is the military's desperate attempt to obey the letter of the order.
View Quote

One of the benefits of nasams is the ability to use other missile types in common supply.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Buy the physics packages from the unemployed former Russian Generals who have custody of them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Back in February I was going to import two sagger BRDMs. Keep one. Sell the other.

On February 24th the seller went dark. I was pissed. Couple hours later I heard the war started. Those vehicles are in Ukraine now
View Quote

The Sagger BRDMs are cool..

A BRDM I built awhile back

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:06:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#45]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dog1:

The Sagger BRDMs are cool..

A BRDM I built awhile back
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220404_191526-2337914.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220404_191444-2337917.jpg

That came out really nice!
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By zx2man:

I grew up in Alaska homesteading. Lived in Tok the first years, 90 miles west of Yukon. Got 60 below without wind-chill. Then moved down to Mat-su Valley area where it was more modest. But still avg winter day was 20ish and cold streaks of 20-30 below was common.

COLDEST I have ever been? North Carolina at camp Mackall in early winter 2004. Barely above freezing, pouring rain.  2nd coldest? 2005 Iraq near Syrian-Turkey borders pulling over watch. Temp was around 20-25 at night.

Situation dictates, is it wet cold? Dry cold? Are you dressed for it? Are you static?

If you are in Wyoming, Montana, Alaska etc and you live there, you dress for it, you prepare for it, you have a warm house or car to retreat to, got hand hand warmers or other resources. My point is a simple temp number does not always explain the circumstances.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zx2man:
Originally Posted By 307Patriot:

It's colder in Wyoming.  lol

I grew up in Alaska homesteading. Lived in Tok the first years, 90 miles west of Yukon. Got 60 below without wind-chill. Then moved down to Mat-su Valley area where it was more modest. But still avg winter day was 20ish and cold streaks of 20-30 below was common.

COLDEST I have ever been? North Carolina at camp Mackall in early winter 2004. Barely above freezing, pouring rain.  2nd coldest? 2005 Iraq near Syrian-Turkey borders pulling over watch. Temp was around 20-25 at night.

Situation dictates, is it wet cold? Dry cold? Are you dressed for it? Are you static?

If you are in Wyoming, Montana, Alaska etc and you live there, you dress for it, you prepare for it, you have a warm house or car to retreat to, got hand hand warmers or other resources. My point is a simple temp number does not always explain the circumstances.
Agreed. If I were stuck in a fox hole I would much rather it be -15 and dry than it be 35 and raining.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#48]

One of the benefits of nasams is the ability to use other missile types in common supply.
View Quote
What is cool is they can use them to fire off all those old AIM-120A and -B stockpiles. I'm not sure on the variant Ukraine received, but some launchers can also fire AIM-9 series missiles.

Along with the HAWK, IRIS-T, Aspide, and whatever S-300 they have left or manage to capture, Ukrainian airspace is going to be a tough nut to crack. They still need something cheaper to shoot down the Iranian drone swarms.

What would really make Putin shit a brick is if one of the Aegis BMD or THAAD systems that Poland and Romania have somehow finds is way into Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Fake emotions for the fake mothers.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

The pictures from the 2122 European war are probably going to look the same too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
Originally Posted By snakes19:

These are insane pictures to be seeing in 2022 from an European war

The pictures from the 2122 European war are probably going to look the same too

Nah, that one will be chrome-plated robots standing amidst mountains of skulls.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3080 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top