Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 3:43:30 PM EDT
We can now wear nylon duty gear for patrol. Our dress uniform will be the black basketweave leather. We have to use Bianchi Accumold Nylon gear with Safariland's 070 SSIII Nylok(nylon)weapon holster. I am slowly buying items here and there.

I now need to find a nylon 'holster' for my Surefire 8X flashlight, which does not have to be Bianchi brand nylon gear. I initially had a hard time finding a black basketweave holster for this flashlight, but was finally able to track one down. Anyone know who makes a nylon holster for this flashlight?

Next question: I carry an H&K USP40 on duty. I also use the H&K UTL MKII tac light. Is there a nylon pouch available for this light attachment?

Next, who out there is using non-leather belt keepers? I don't know which keepers would be best, the molded ones or the nylon ones.

All other nylon duty gear comments and suggestions are welcome. THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don Hume makes a great UTL case in leather and nylon.  They run about $25 each.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bianchi Accumold ASP baton holder works well to hold a Surefire 8X, if you don't mind open top.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the Don Hume suggestion!
I had no clue he was selling nylon products!
FYI, the nylon gear by Don Hume is under the "Platinum Series" ballistic nylon.

The 30-45 day delivery time kind of isn't all that great, but I will just have to wait. Will give me time to order all the other nylon gear I need.

I just ordered 4 hidden snap nylon belt keepers, a nylon holder for my HK UTL, and two different style of nylon Surefire 8X flashlight holders. I was amazed that I was able to find 8X specific holders! I ordered a hidden snap 8X holder, so the light is fully contained in the hoslter, nothing really exposed at all. I also ordered an open top/bottom style 8X holder. I really like this one, but am not sure if this open top/bottom holder will be able to hold the 8X  in within the light popping out. I will try them both and see what works best for my needs.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top