Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 2:40:37 PM EDT
I had an appointment at the Cardiologist today to check my cholesterol levels.

They show me to a room and said Mary would be right with me. A few minutes later here comes Mary with a Big Gulp and a box of Cheez Its. She sets the Big Gulp down pulls out a plastic bowl for the Cheez Its and dumps in the whole box.

This woman is about the same height as my wife { 5' 1"] only she weighs at least 200 lbs.

My weight was 187, total cholesterol level 105, triglycerides  55, blood pressure 110/70

I thought I did well but Mary saw fit to lecture my on my weight, seems like I am up three pounds from six months ago.Then she told my my cholesterol level was good but that 100 should be my goal.

She also told me that salt is the devil and to avoid it like the plague and be sure to follow the instructions in my "Owners Guide to a Happy Heart"that they furnished.

I thanked her, told her I would do better next time, and got the hell out of there.

Why would a cardiologist have morbidly obese people in his employ?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
A good example to their patients a healthcare worker doesn't always make.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My doc when I was a kid would come in smoking. He would put his ashtray with the lit cig next to me on the exam table and smoke away while working.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A good example to their patients a healthcare worker doesn't always make.

truth.

Take a look at ambulances. there are a lot of "holy shit" sized medics running waddling/stumbling around.

They know better. But do they care?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]
knowing me I would have opened my mouth and said...."maybe your goal should be 190 and that would be in your azz big girl, have a nice day"
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've asked the same question many times. My exgf worked at a hospital and I asked her why all the nurses were fatties when they spent all day treating people with weight related problems? She said, "oh, it's a really high stress job". I thought, you know who has a high stress job? Me. I'm not fat. If anything I'm skinnier cause I'm always running around trying to get jobs done on time (and smoking too many cigarettes). I realize no ones life is in my hands, but lets be real. Eat a friggin salad already.

edited for spelling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top