Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:37:30 PM EDT
  So I'm at mom's house today, having a nice little visit....she loves to see the grandkids......we're talking about current events, and the general shitty state of the world these days......and the talk turns to a SHTF scenario.......and eventually, guns.....in particular, MY guns......me and the wife were talking up the AR15 that we love to shoot, and mom says......."CAN I GO TO THE RANGE WITH YOU NEXT TIME YOU GO?"......I was like........my mom is no anti, but whenever I buy a weapon I hear "Why do you need a gun?".....or, "Why do you need ANOTHER gun?"....or....."Why do you need SO MANY guns?".....so when she asked to go to the range and do some shooting, needless to say, I was FLOORED............so of course I said "Sure Mom, whenever you want to go, just say so" .......mom will be 59 in June........gotta love her!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Guns are icky why would your mom want to shoot them.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm.

Good to hear that your mom doesn't think your crazy anymore....just really prepared
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hmm.

Good to hear that your mom doesn't think your crazy anymore....just really prepared

I agree......I don't think she ever thought I was "crazy", she just may have thought I had an idea to hurt some people....but now she knows that's not why I have guns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was gonna call because there is no way this is true.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you don't know my mom......she also let me know that she has fired a shotgun before....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Opposite around here, grandpa makes sure my daughter and grandkids hit the range.

The son-inlaw is a hunter, I'm working on him

GM
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I know you fear, and as many before you so tell tales........!~!!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you don't know my mom......she also let me know that she has fired a shotgun before....

Just giving you a hard time!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My mother in law said the same thing to me a while back.
My father in law loves all my toys and and I take him to the range every time they visit pretty much. Nice to know they dont think Im crazy.....he is actually into it. When I told him he could buy an AK47 here in my state he started considering retiring here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
When I was a baby there was some nutcase running around attacking young women with babies in the city where we lived.  My Mom went straight to my Dad and demanded a gun.  My Dad gave her his Colt Trooper 357 revolver to keep in her purse.  She's 84 now and still keeps a revolver in her nightstand, but now it's one of mine, a S&W model 10 38 special loaded with HydaShoks.  It's unlikely she'll ever have to use it, she lives with me and my Brother, but I'm not going to try to take it away from her either!

Teach your Mom to shoot, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Next time you go for a visit you will likely find her surfing Arfcom, she will look over at you and say "How about a road trip to Knob Creek".

You have a good mom - wish mine was still here!!

Chinook3
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I just gave my mom an AR-15 carbine, 10 mags (one for training, the other 9 loaded and in a chest harness), and a S&W Mod 15 for Christmas.

I live half a continent away; I can't necessarily be there to help, but at least I know she's ready to roll.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top