Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:55:30 AM EDT
I never really like McDonalds...I always found their product not quite fit for serving.  Anyway, I was getting some food (ha) oneday when I noticed something on the wall.  This is in Tucson, so they're kinda going for this localized theme.  Don't know if it's an indian or mexican theme, but in either case, they've got one of those rain sticks on the wall.  You know, the ones that you turn upside down and you can hear all the little beans or whathaveyou trickling down inside producing an interesting rain-like effect.

Now here's the catch-They nailed it to the wall.  And not just one nail in the middle, so that you might could turn it and still hear it, but one on each end so that it wasn't going anywhere.  They took something who's purpose was to produce a sound, and rendered it useless so that they could have a quasi-culteral/art-like peice of crap on the wall.  Just seemed funny to me.

Now, it's their rain stick to do what they please with it, but it just seems stupid.  It's like saying,

"Look, we have art.  We're not just a turd assembly line, we've got culture."  When in fact it's just the opposite by representing the destruction and impotizing of art & culture.

Or am I just reading too much into a rain-stick on the wall?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a voodoo stick to keep the Burger King away.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i noticed that all their commerical have nothing but black and hispanic actors and the pictures in the place is also all minority. Clearly we know who their target audience is.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i noticed that all their commerical have nothing but black and hispanic actors and the pictures in the place is also all minority. Clearly we know who their target audience is.

So they are trying to give minorities a heart attack ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
So you've never like McDs, but you continue to eat there?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Mmmmmmmmm... quarter pounder with cheese......
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No No, this is not the effect I wanted to have.

McDonald's=BAD

And I only eat there when I need a sausage egg & cheese biscuit on the way to the range.  Otherwise, I try to support the local bagelry (by getting a sausage egg & cheese bagel).
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

At least it's not asian takeout labled "human donor organs'.

You on shift??
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Thes best deal currently for a heart attack is the $.99 double cheseburger, plus baconRob
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow.  Reading this thread was a complete waste of time.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And I only eat there when I need a sausage egg & cheese bagel on the way to the range.  Otherwise, I try to support the local bagelry (by getting a sausage egg & cheese bagel)

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Sausage biscuit with cheese... Tango hungry..... BRB...

My McDonalds loves me... SEE!

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I noticed something interesting the other day:

I work in the film and TV production industry. There is a LOT of money involved, as I'm sure you all are aware. I am told stories over and over again about big hollywood movies coming in WAY under budget, $20 million dollars, in one recent film.  

They essentially THROW money away just to get rid of it. They pay homeowners HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of dollars just to move their cars a few spaces up the street, or turn off their porch light . They pay crew thousands of dollars in overtime and doubletime for working a couple hours extra. It's staggering.

Then we have McDonald's, the most recognized name and brand in the world, even bigger than Coca-Cola. They have MUCH more money than a Hollywood production. WAY more.

They pay their workers absolute SHIT and sell what amounts to absolute shit through customer service that is shitty as well. They can certainly afford to sell better food and hire better paid, higher quality workers, but they choose not to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's just modern America... the over representation of minorities in all things.   Kill the white devil!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Cities are requiring community art in these places.  In my city every new place of any size has some art, usually a mural depicting something on a local theme.....surfing or maybe just the general history of the community.

Wal-mart has it, some newer restaurants, hotels...

Applebees does something like this in every one I've been in.  There's is sort of interesting and covers local celebrities and sports as well as local high school and cultural items.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell... one of the Mickey Dees in my town has their menus in spanish, with english underneath.

Viva La Raza !!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a Mushroom Swiss at Hardee's the other day and just about came..

Possibly the best sandwich I've ever had..
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn It this post makes me want chicken nuggets.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#17]
It wasn't the one on Broadway / Wilmot (I think) was it? That one had some weird decorations going on.

I usually never go to McDonalds, but someone else was paying so I didn't complain.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I HATE McDonalds... I don't eat cheese and it is almost impossible to receive a hamburger from them without cheese on it. For a while (about 2 years) I would keep the receipts that I got from them when they screwed up and put cheese on my burger just for fun. Then I realized how much I ate there and added up all the receipts and wondered why in the hell I would spend so much money for crappy food and crappy service. I don't eat there anymore!

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Damn It this post makes me want chicken nuggets.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
McDonald's? It's called Mickey D's here in Detroit!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I had a Mushroom Swiss at Hardee's the other day and just about came..

Possibly the best sandwich I've ever had..

I had a Jalapeno Thickburger a month or so ago.  It was the best damn burger I have ever had, was almost a sexual experience.  I was in my car and had to pull over.

Unfortunately, when I went back for another, they said it was a limited time offer and no longer had them.  

So I settled for the Mushroom Swiss, it's perty good too.

I think it's been about 4 years since I have set foot in a Mcd's.  Not missing it a bit.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  your exposing the white mans plot
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mmmmmmmmm... double quarter pounder with cheese......

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They've been doing that for a long time now.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I like their breakfast menu, but they're 3rd or 4th on my list for lunch or dinner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep because the CIA/Tri Lateral commissions

plan of using AIDS and Crack has not exterminated the black man yet  
* yes this is sarcasm

and if the joke is lost on you go look up some nation of islam stuff

I love how we have to put disclaimers on anything remotely racial
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I like their breakfast menu, but they're 3rd or 4th on my list for lunch or dinner.

+1

I have eaten breakfast at a lot of fast food places and Mcdonalds is my favorite by FAR!  But anything past breakfast and Mcdonalds is
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mmmmmmmmm... double quarter pounder with cheese with only extra bigmac sauce......

Fixed it.

Once upon a time I worked at one...nothing like a good chicken McNugget fight in the middle of a rush.

I love how they make perfect cones of processed chicken when thrown at high velocity against the windows.  They look like miniature volcanos.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
trimmed
They pay their workers absolute SHIT and sell what amounts to absolute shit through customer service that is shitty as well. They can certainly afford to sell better food and hire better paid, higher quality workers, but they choose not to.

Except their customers want to buy cheap food at cheap prices.  If they wanted bedtter food and better help they could go a lot of other places.

Econ 101, Sales 102

You make money selling what people want to buy at a price they are willing to pay.  You don't make money generally selling what you want to sell and setting your desired price.

Why do you think so many hobby related and fad directed businesses fail?  Just cuz you like doesn't mean anywhere enough others  like it enough to support you in your hobby.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
trimmed

Except their customers want to buy cheap food at cheap prices.  If they wanted bedtter food and better help they could go a lot of other places.

Econ 101, Sales 102

and its not like McDs is really all that cheap anymore
its almost $6 for a decent amount of food

add a buck or 2 and you can go someplce decent
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I miss the green shakes on St. Patricks Day
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#32]
And all the green stuff that came with it...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I think the word your looking for is "cultural commodity".
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Oh, fuck. That's funny!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#35]
there is only one thing I'll get at a McDonald's ... pop or soda ...

Hate their burgers

Sick of their chicken

Despise their frys
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have eaten breakfast at a lot of fast food places and Mcdonalds is my favorite by FAR!  But anything past breakfast and Mcdonalds is

+1 Other places try, and might be OK once in a while, but only McDonalds is constitantly the best drive-thru breakfast with the best selection.

Why do they stop breakfast at 10:30? Why not serve it all day.  I'd love to get an egg mcmuffin and steak and egg bagel for lunch.

I guess they've crunched the numbers and it'd be too costly to provide both, but it seems like there would be something there.  Are franchises even allowed to serve it later or is it in the rules?  Maybe Ray Crock's idea of fun is watching pissed off people drive away from the restaurant when they hear that dissapointing "I'm sorry sir, we're now serving lunch."
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I dont eat that stuff.....Its been about 8 years since I set foot in one. People think I'm joking when I tell them, but I think their food is shiit and its bad for poeple to eat. The only other thing that is  that unhealthy and people stiill put in their bodys are DRUGS!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#38]
This is gross, but the truth.

I blew a fart once while driving to work.  The smell was identical to the cloak of death one can smell while sitting in a McDonald's drive through.  I had not eaten there recently.  I have not eaten there since.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Have you also noticed that Mcd`s employees have big feet?  Employment application has IQ test and question about shoe size. IQ score and shoe size are added together and those applicants with highest number get hired.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Fuck that shit. I got food poisoning from a McGriddle once. Never again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Alrighty there, MrClean4Hire, any professional suggestions on how to get wine out of a keyboard?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I read an article in Business Week a couple weeks ago, seems McDonalds is searching for a way to serve breakfast all day and night long.

Oh and the McDonalds around the corner is now advertising the green St. Patrick's Day milk shakes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#43]
OK, the only reason they use two nails on a rain stick it to securelly attach it to the wall.
Think about it: angry (for some reason) customer grabs the stick (one nail on the middle is not a challenge) and start chaising everybody around, you got "McDonalds Massacre".
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Ban rainsticks...for the children.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Huh.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
McDonald's? It's called Mickey D's here in Detroit!

It's called "Greasy Mac's" around these parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top