Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2001 7:18:16 AM EDT
I guess I'm just not elite or tactical enough to visit tacticaladvisor.com.  I was going to pop in there and look at holsters (I need one for my Beretta 92FS), so I clicked up on the adverstisement.  I was prompted for a username and password.  I've been to the site before, and had never been asked for a password.  Are they only selling to LEO/military now?  Do they email people their password?  It seems awfully silly to have an advertisement on AR15.com if members of said board aren't able to get into it.

Am I doing something wrong?  Am I the only person getting asked a password?  What's the deal?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem.  Not a very effective advertisement.  Maybe it is just a linking problem
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I see what you mean. I could get you in, but thats alot of work to look at a holster. I got my 92FS in an ace case (cheap gunshow buy). Works though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not going to "break into" a store, and then peruse their goods and make a purchase from them.  If I'm not "invited in" then I can easily take my business elsewhere where I am "invited."  Now this may be a technical glitch on their part, and if it is I would hope they get it corrected quickly.  If it is not, then they apparently will not get much business from us (less from a boycott and more from the practical inability to access their site).
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailsd him about a week ago. He might be out of town.
Last time I spoke with him he was upgrading his site so that might have something to do with it.

I will email him again.

Del
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Same thing happened to me yesterday on Galco's site, but today I was able to get in.  It's probably some sort of glitch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top