Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 11:39:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 11:40:53 AM EST by ProfessorEvil]
www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article826737.ece

Guy finds a viking pier, then gets billed for the fees to excavate it. Now encouraging others not to report their finds to the government.

Other enjoyable headlines on their site too....
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article824116.ece
and also
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article824743.ece
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:42:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 11:44:54 AM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:46:35 AM EST
When I was a kid at our summer house in Denmark, we used to climb down the cliffs and snorkle off the rocky beach all summer.

One year, some kids who did the same about 300 YARDS south of where we snorkled, found an actual Viking trading ship with lots of cool stuff - including gold coins - on board . Since it was on public land, nobody had to pay anything - but I remember everyone thought it was pretty lame that the government wouldn't let them keep at least one of the gold coins each or something.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:06:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
When I was a kid at our summer house in Denmark, we used to climb down the cliffs and snorkle off the rocky beach all summer.

One year, some kids who did the same about 300 YARDS south of where we snorkled, found an actual Viking trading ship with lots of cool stuff - including gold coins - on board . Since it was on public land, nobody had to pay anything - but I remember everyone thought it was pretty lame that the government wouldn't let them keep at least one of the gold coins each or something.

"Gold coins, nope didn't see any gold coins; just a bunch of old junk. There were gold coins there? Cool."
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:12:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

"Gold coins, nope didn't see any gold coins; just a bunch of old junk. There were gold coins there? Cool."

Me be blind in one eye and can't see out me other one!

AHRRRRRRR!

BigDozer­66
Top Top