Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 9:22:32 AM EDT

NC folks...I've lost track of the piece of legislation that was going to allow folks with a valid NC CCW to purchase handguns without getting the pistol permit from the Sheriff's office....anyone know if that bill has passed, been killed, in limbo or whatever??
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]
There were two interesting pieces of legislation being talked about earlier in the session.  One was a reciprocity agreement with other states on CCW which the governor recently signed.

The other was a bill that would eliminate the requirement that an individual go to the Sheriff's office and apply for a Permit to Purchase a handgun if they had a valid NC CCW.  The logic was that the person had already undergone all the background checks when getting the CCW and therefore there was no need to do it again.  Haven't heard much more about that bill and don't know if it was killed in committee or what.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Only thing I know to tell you Keith is call your local Sherriff's Department. Even mine here in Orange County was very courteous and helpful when I had questions regarding the validity of a permit after a change of address. Btw, it nullified my 2 permits when I moved. Just donated $10 to the county. Even if it's within the same city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top