Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 3:26:03 PM EDT
Ok so I was looking at a canadian guns site www.marstar.ca that had some norinco rifles and pistols for hardly anything at all. I am still new to firearms laws and regulations but from what I know Norinco firearms were banned from importation in 1989. Does this law apply to all China brand firearms or could Norinco just change their name to get around these laws or could another china company like Norinco produce firearms and import them. I remember back in the days the tec 9 was banned and they just changed the name to DC 9 would this be possible for other manufactures? If I made any mistakes listed above please feel free to correct me as I am still in the process of learning.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The TEC-9 is the pre-ban version of the DC-9. The DC-9 lacks a flash hider, one of the "evil" aspects highlighted by the AWB.

Other Chinese production companies should not be affected.

Hey, at least W is really trying to affect China's policies, unlike Clinton's posture that involved freezing out the 2 ships full of ammunition and SKS's to "punish" China for human rights violations, while still giving them MFN trade status.

F*in' anti's.

From cns.miis.edu/pubs/week/030530.htm

The Bush administration's decision to impose a ban on imports from the China North Industries Group (Norinco) and its subsidiaries for transfers of dual-use equipment to a company involved in Iran's ballistic missile program marks a significant shift in the Bush administration's nonproliferation policy.

The sanctions were prompted by increasing U.S. concerns about Iranian weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and missile programs and dissatisfaction with China's slow progress in implementing effective export controls.

Although the official announcement does not specify precisely what was transferred, press reports suggest that Norinco made a series of transfers of dual-use materials (possibly including high-strength maraging steel) that could be used in Iran's ballistic missile program. The items transferred do not appear to be specifically covered by China's recent export control regulations or the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) control list.

By employing two executive orders as the basis for sanctions, the Bush administration is lowering the threshold of items that can trigger sanctions and moving beyond international export control standards. The economic impact of the sanctions, which could disrupt up to $100 million in Norinco exports to the United States, signals the Bush administration's impatience with China's unwillingness to halt low-level transfers of equipment that could aid Iranian WMD and missile programs.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you might be thinking of the AB-10 (AB= After Ban) the Tec-9 and DC-9 are pretty much the exact same both have the threaded barrel and barrel shroud the only difference I know of is the sling placement which is at the rear on the DC-9 which stands for Defense Carry
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Though the DC9 was post... Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top