Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/4/2001 10:06:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/4/2001 10:11:34 AM EST by Jarhead_22]
I'll be going to visit family in Pennsylvania in June, and realized to my horror that PA and TX do not have a CHL reciprocity agreement. Instead of panicking, I hit up [url]www.packing.org[/url] and found out that several county sheriffs in PA are very 2nd Amendment-friendly. I sent my letter to one of them today, and if the experiences of the folks who posted at packing.org is any indication, I should be in good shape when I go to visit my Dad. Has anyone else gotten a non-res CHL, even to carry in a third state that recognized a different state's CHL but not your own? Semper Fidelis Jarhead out. --------------- "The best way to deal with a person with a gun is to say, 'I know you're upset.' Compassion is the answer. They are human beings and want the same things I do. Try to be compassionate with them and relate to them." --Jessica Flag, Million Mom March participant
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:17:13 PM EST
I would make sure you check everything out and have everything in writing before you go packing in PA without a license. It is a felony if I am not mistaken in PA. State law requires a CCW. They do give non resident permits also. If I were you I would apply for one or leave the gun in the car or relatives home. I believe if you have a CCW from another state it is legal to carry inside the vehicle. Don't take my advise as gospel. Contact the atorney general or state police!!! I am not an atorney just a house painter!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:38:08 PM EST
My non-res PA permit was probably the easiest one for me to get: show up at the courthouse, fill out the forms, go back later and pick up the permit.
Top Top