Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:51:48 AM EDT
Running XP, Dell speakers w/sub....did the Windows troubleshoot thingy but no joy...any suggestions???

Thanks

ETA bah, they're working now....whatever.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
my laptop has been doing the same thing for the last couple weeks.

sunday it decided to not boot at ALL.   i spent 2 hours trying to get it to boot,  decided to wipe it and reparition.    i just turned it on a couple minutes ago.  still no sound  

i remember the sound worked the first time it booted into windoz after the format,  it hasn't worked since
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just had to replace the sound card in my laptop 4 weeks ago. It fixed the problem until a week ago, it shit the bed again.

your new one ?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]

huh, I wonder if this could be linked to a Windows update if you are all using XP.

Same thing happened to me when I upgraded my Vista from Home Basic to Premium or whatever.  Also, the on board sound is pretty worthless and won't work when I attempt to record streaming media through my machine via Audacity or whatever.

Ugh.

So, when you add a sound card to a machine with onboard sound, does the software automatically disable the on board sound?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top