Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 11:33:07 PM EDT
Since the breakup of the Soviet empire and the quiet dismantling of an entire country besides  their screwup in Afghanistan and Chechnya and the inventory of their nukes is anyone surprized to kow we have no friends anywhere in the world. The Russian military no matter how specialized the units are are rife with corruption. I am not off on a limb saying that the problems in Chechnya caused by the military presence and it's corrupt influences was appalling, makes the Abu Gharib "scandal" pale in comparison. But they expect the russian military to be corrupt, so it's no big surprize....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The part that confuses me is that the Russians are fighting these damn muslums just like we are and now we think they empowered them by supplying the explosives to them.
What the hell are they thinking?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The part that confuses me is that the Russians are fighting these damn muslums just like we are and now we think they empowered them by supplying the explosives to them.

It was probably carried out by some old Russian hardliners who want nothing more than to kill Americans. Just as we had hardliners during the Afghan/Russian war that wanted nothing more than to kill Russians. One of the reasons we supported the muhajadeen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was probably carried out by some old Russian hardliners who want nothing more than to kill Americans. Just as we had hardliners during the Afghan/Russian war that wanted nothing more than to kill Russians. One of the reasons we supported the muhajadeen.

Not hardliners but greedy bastards hardened by the brutal corrupt lifesyle of Communism, those explosives will go to the highest bidder. Russians and the rest of the world wanna kill Americans. Gredy bastards that stole those explosives.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
So did the Russians move it or did the US Army detonate it?  

Funny how one ammo dump has taken the world stage.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Fox showed a bunch of satalite photos of trucks moving something a few weeks before the US went in. The high grade explosives were in a different bunker on the far side of the complex. I wonder what the Russians were moving out of these bunkers? Saddam had used VX gas in the past. Russia produces and sells VX. I bet they moved it all to Syria so they wouldn't get caught "red" handed selling Saddam new WMD's during the food for oil program?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Fox showed a bunch of satalite photos of trucks moving something a few weeks before the US went in. The high grade explosives were in a different bunker on the far side of the complex. I wonder what the Russians were moving out of these bunkers? Saddam had used VX gas in the past. Russia produces and sells VX. I bet they moved it all to Syria so they wouldn't get caught "red" handed selling Saddam new WMD's during the food for oil program?

That's another corrupt angle to the story, corruption is the standard for the Russian "military".....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a conflicted thread.  It recognizes how absurd it would be for Russians to be moving weapons out of Iraq while at the same time blindly accepting that they were.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$$$$$$$$

BINGO!!! Got a winner. With enuf' $$$ floating around from the Oil-4-Food bribery scandal, Saddam could buy most anything that he wanted from the old CCCCP.

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top