Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 8:32:06 AM EDT
I see these beheadings with increased frequency happening in Iraq.  The reason for them seems to be that the terrorist want all foreigners out of their country(and ROP SOP).  Americans have tolerated this with the patience learned over many years of civilized, law abiding, existence.  There are many people in this country that are haters of the worst sort.  Bigots, racists, and just plain old downright nasty folks yet there hasn't been one "foreigner" beheaded in retaliation for the hienous acts commited in Iraq.  I am not complaining because of the lack of retribution on our part, but I do wonder the why of it.  What makes our bad guys better; for lack of a term more fitting, than their bad guys?  Why has America  embraced the Iraqui student, buisnessman, cleric, etc. and Iraq not accepted the foreigner?  Is it ignorance on their part?  Fear?  Jealousy?

Any opinions out there?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Its against the law, the only reason I can justify.

Cowboys and muslims terrorists will be the game one day if this shit don't stop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
i think the main reason is that most mulims in the middle east still think the earth is flat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Because in Amerika, this would be a hate crime and you'd be arrested, prosecuted and put to death within the legal system. Not to mention, the media would do an all out assault on your family and make you all look like devils.

Over in Iraqi, there are too many people protecting the terrorists and they don't fear retrobution, like the hate groups over here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess a parallel would be the lynchings of black people that occuried in the last century or whatever (I know relatively little about US history) - so it appears that there were at one time in relatively recent history americans who were capable of barbarity.  I believe there have also been cases of people executed in horrible ways in northern ireland by the IRA.

But in terms of TODAY, I think the answer is simply that WE ARE BETTER THAN THE HUMAN SCUM WHO WOULD KIDNAP AND EXECUTE WOMEN AND INNOCENT NON-COMBATANTS.  

We are NOT barbarians.

We are a nation of LAWS.

We are civilized.

Now, if some actual terrorist (say someone who planned the 9/11 attacks) fell into the hands of a bnunch of New Yorkers, or for that matter any red-blooded americans, I believe he would not live long.  He might not be beheaded, per se, but he would certainly be torn apart, beaten to death, or even lynched (see, there IS a correct time and place for lynchings ).  I'd have no problem with that, since it would ultimately be a form of justice, and don't think such a killing would make any of us barbaric in any way.

just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, no offence to anyone, but beheading's have never really been a part of the American scene.  

I think that's a holdover from the days of Royal rule, the whole European thing...

Now, a LYNCHIN... that's Americana at its... well, you decide.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Its what makes "us" different than "them".  Because we don't have to sink to their level to achieve our goals.  Because we are still a civilized nation and people.  Because although we do battle with savages, we do not have to become savages ourselves and in the process abandon the ideals of civility, morality, and the rule of law, for which we are fighting.

(That and a JBT will stomp your cat, shoot your dog, and lock you up if you do.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Cuz we are not animals.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, yes, yes.  I understand the we are above all that stuff but my point was that even our lowlife thug trashoutahell types don't even stoop this low.  The average American citizen doesn't participate in this type of behavior now just as the average American didn't participate in the lynchings of days gone by.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#9]
DK-Prof
There are still plenty of folks in the US that are barbaric enough to behead a person.  Except for the mentally ill, they tend to be restrained by laws and social acceptance.  Given the right circumstance, however, I don't think retaliatory or punitive (now, the question of who decides whether a punitive beheading is warranted is another discussion) beheadings in the US are all too hard to imagine.  The native folk practiced dismemberment of their victims - heck, many of them dismembered themselves to mourn dead relatives.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
No beheadings since we are civilized. Besides, kidnapping the goat smelling TBKMFTCBN, dragging them into your house, changing them into the obligatory & mandatory orange jumpsuits, messing up a perfectly good kitchen knife, and having to clean the carpet afterwards is messy.

Far simplier just to catch them in their cars and stick an air to ground missile in it. The mess then is in their neighborhood and car;plus, you don't run the risk of getting your car's paint job scratched up in case they fight being pulled into it.

wganz

Terrorist Baby Killer That Cannot Be Named
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess a parallel would be the lynchings of black people that occuried in the last century or whatever ...

+1

Lynching of innocent persons in the U.S. was copied from the lawful hanging of criminals.

Beheading of innocent persons is copied from the lawful beheading of criminals in conservative Muslim governments such as Saudia Arabia.

Like it or not, before Al Queda there was the Klu Klux Klan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top