Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 4:34:03 PM EDT
I called Monday morning to see what the status of my application was for the police academy and got a bit of a shock.  They just had 2 slots open for the next class, and they had a PT qualification for those 2 slots Thursday, so I jumped all over it.  I have no idea if it's going to be just me and another guy or if this is the qualifier for the next class, but either way I'm in.  When passed school starts October 4th, so I'm excited, but nervous beause I've been planning for January.  

What I really need to know is what do I eat the night before and the morning of? Night before I'm thinking light pasta with chicken and then the morning of protien shake, banana and a wheat bagel.  I eat pretty clean right now, but I'm not sure that will give me the energy I want to tackle the test.  I'm going to take my normal pre-workout stim drink of Jack3d with some water about a half hour before hand.  

I'm not worried about passing the test, I've done it at home 10 times and haven't had any problems smoking it.  I do however want to put my best foot forward.  This is the first time the instrutors will see me outside of orientation and the first time I'll be meeting people who will be in my class.  I want Thursday to be my best effort.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My only advise is dont try anything drastically different. If you have never ate Taco Bell before a workout definately do not do it the morning of the test. Thats kind of an extreme example but Im sure you get the point.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I'm not looking for anything extremely different, but maybe something that will give me just a little more pep.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I always ate a light breakfast the morning of a PT test. Stock up on carbs and protein the night before, but don't overeat to the point where you have a mid-stride shit come on during the run.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You shouldn't need to do anything different in prep for a police academy PT test imo.
You said you have no problem smokin the test so why feel,the need to change your intake. What does your pt test involve?- I assume a run(Sprint and long distance, lift, pushup/situps, body drag, vehicle push, obstacle course.
Get yourself pumped up and do what you need to do. Your body can do some amazing things well after you want to stop.

When I did my PT test I did make sure to finish on top in every test however in all honesty I sandbagged the run a bit as I didn't want anyone to know just how fast I was until the final pt test while in the academy. That is when I really pushed it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I always like caffeine before I have a PT test. Some of the 'gel' energy items have caffeine in them. May try one or two before you go do it on test day. Other than that eat a simple meal at least an hour before you work out, give it time to digest in your system. Make sure you pre-hydrate. Pee right before the test and decide before you even get out there how bad you want it!! Mental fortitude will take you a LONG way.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you are hydrating two days out.

Throw in some raw vegetables with your meal the night before for a balanced meal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top