Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/10/2002 7:38:29 PM EDT
After building a postban AR15, I'm wondering what magazines are legal in Ohio? Can anyone elaborate on the Mag issue of what is legal and illegal, how to tell if a magazine is preban or not and if it is preban can you use it in a post ban rifle? Also, is the consequences the same if charged with using an illegal mag as it would be an illegal rifle? Thanks! Allen
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:07:35 PM EDT
Look for dates or "For LEO/Military use Only" on the mag. You can use pre-ban mags in a post ban gun. As for specific Ohio laws, I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:12:34 PM EDT
If your AR (assault rifle) can *ACCEPT* magazines with greater than 10 rounds capacity, it's illegal in the city of Columbus. My guess is that Cleveburgh [;)] would have similar laws, too. I ran into this gem when I was researching gun laws while considering a move to Columbus. I have an AK that can take big mags (I have two) so I'll have to store it with a friend who lives down in Athens. - CD
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:59:02 AM EDT
I actually live in a suburb, Hilliard. I'm just wondering what capacity mag I need to bring to the range in Deleware without getting funny looks or something said to me. Thanks Allen
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:54:46 AM EDT
Ohio law is max of 30 in mag, and 1 in the "pipe"...more in the mag is considered an "automatic firearm"..only legal in a registered NFA firearm. There was a fella here that stated he was OHIO LE, and said most won't bother you, as it is uneforcable, so he states. I would not worry about it, just stick to the 20's and 30's.
Top Top