Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 3:28:53 AM EDT
I just graduated in May, and after a long-ass process finally got hired somewhere for a full-time position. Today's the day I start, supposed to be there at 8:30.

I've worked before, but just part-time jobs, mostly during school. It's a mind-bender, isn't it, when you wake up earlier than you have in months and the realization really hits you, "I'm going to go out that door and not come back until the evening. I'm going to be doing this day after day, five days a week, for pretty much the rest of my life?"

Shoulda gone for grad school so I could put off the real world for a few more years
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the real world. Don't be surprised when you compare your first check the the one you get after the first of the year when Obama starts taxing us more.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats and good luck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope you picked well.  

In the real world a roof and food is needed and anything more than that is gravy.

If you look at it like that you will be alright.

good luck on your first day .  Try hard to get up to speed and everyday try hard to go forward look for the work  and you will do fine.  The hours will pass fast if you stay busy.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm celebrating my 2nd year of retirement this week. If you are lucky you only have only 30-40 years to go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Make it work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top