Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:15:06 PM EDT
2003 Chevy S-10 Crew Cab 4.3L Vortec.

This is the only "bolt on" kit that I can find for my truck.

store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&Ntt=GIB%2D14433+&N=0&part=GIB%2D14433&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

Should I get it?  Why/Why Not?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I voted NO.

Take your tailpipe off. Take your muffler off.

Drive.

Besides, you still have your catalytic converter, right? It'll be quiet enough.

On a serious note, I'd say buy it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
No. Any decent exhaust shop can custom up a true dual setup for an S10 with good mufflers and it will make more power than that kit. Try to find a shop with a mandrel bender. Also gut the cat. Cool thing about the 4.3 w/ dual exhaust and no cat is that it sounds a lot like a V8.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No. Any decent exhaust shop can custom up a true dual setup for an S10 with good mufflers and it will make more power than that kit. Try to find a shop with a mandrel bender. Also gut the cat. Cool thing about the 4.3 w/ dual exhaust and no cat is that it sounds a lot like a V8.

Except the yearly inspection and bi-yearly emmisions inspection might tell me to change everything back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Big +1 to that, 4.3 V6 is an excellent little V6 with a whole lot of potential.

ETA: They do make "free flowing" catalytic converters, however free flowing they really can be.
I don't mess with anything new, converters are not required on the two street driven cars I play with so my experience is nil with the so called performance converters.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Good high flow converters actually do work very well. They make almost as much power as no cat at all and will pass a sniffer test. Look into random technologies. Stay away from catco. I had one and it was junk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top