Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:41:37 PM EDT
New computer, when first started can have 20 windows running if i want.

As day goes on only two will work. If i have active topics on ARFCOM up then go into a topic with a link inside i have to close first window first. If not i can click link all day long and nothing happens.

If i restart computer it works fine. What would cause that?

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have built your own! Its probably a vista problem due to memory issues.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Some kind of spyware or malware.  Could be bad memory too.  To check your memory use memtest, it's free online.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Too much arfcom..

You need to cut back a bit..
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Try "Slimming Down" Vista.. I've never seen an OS with so much unneeded glitz and fat.. Google it... it's out there...

You might also want to get rid of the "Try it now" BS that comes with new systems.. I don't know what crap Dell ships with but I'm looking at a customer's brand new Gateway Vista laptop right now... and it has "Try AOL" and "Try Net Zero".. you can back that kind of crap off..

There is a lot of CPU cycle stealing, memory hogging fat that can be trimmed out of new systems.. all you have to do is look...

Also.. Vista loves 2gb of ram.. this little customer's laptop I'm working on only came with 512 meg.. and that's why I'm working on it...

More ram fixes all sorts of Vista problems...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top