Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:29:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:58:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By makeitflyfast:
Is there a way to direct my wireless router through a VPN so all my connected devices have the same security? I'm in Saudi and the internet here is very censored, to keep from having to use a vpn on each device (which is a pain) it would be so much easier to have it done at my wifi location.

Is this possible?
View Quote

Yes, provided that your router supports a VPN client.

For example, the ASUS RT-N66U router does support it and it was simple to set up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:05:29 PM EST
Most consumer grade routers should have an IPSEC, PPTP, or even an MSSE client built-in.

You could also just build a very inexpensive Linux box with two network interfaces, install and configure a VPN client on that, and have it function as your uplink.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:07:14 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ocabj:

You could also just build a very inexpensive Linux box with two network interfaces, install and configure a VPN client on that, and have it function as your uplink.
View Quote
http://www.smoothwall.org/ is a single cd download for a linux router box.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:32:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:00:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:32:19 PM EST
The least expensive way to do what you want is to get a cheap used router that you can load the OpenVPN version of DD-WRT on.

DD-WRT is free firmware that replaces the existing firmware.

Just look at the DD-WRT wiki and see if the OpenVPN version is supported on that used router before you buy it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:04:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:34:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:38:54 AM EST
I just ran across this video last night that seems like an inexpensive alternative:
Top Top