Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:55:41 PM EDT
Based on the recommendation of someone here i ordered a certain film. today i get the movie and its the sleeve for the right movie. but the disc is the wrong one. A foriegn language film released a year prior and with the same title as the film i ordered. I guess i'm working on my spanish when i wanted an action film.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:56:46 PM EDT
Yeah, a simple mistake probably caused by another customer means that the entire service sucks.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:00:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Schwoogie:
Yeah, a simple mistake probably caused by another customer means that the entire service sucks.

You'll make friends fast...

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 3:13:01 PM EDT by TheCynic]

Yup. I'd report them to the BBB immediately. Goddamned shysters.

...or you can stop bitching and just send it back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:03:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WizardOfAhs:

No doubt
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:03:59 PM EDT

hr
STFU.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:05:03 PM EDT

STFU.

Waaaaaa
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:12:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:19:07 PM EDT

What he said. I've netflix for 6 months. It rocks. no issues. pay attention to your orders on line.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:19:55 PM EDT
Netflix only sucks because my girlfriend takes 3 weeks to watch the movies when they show up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:20:47 PM EDT

STFU.

KMFA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:20:58 PM EDT
I had the service for 2 years, 2 years ago, and had my fare share of unplayable discs. Maybe 3 or 4 in that time. Shit happens but in my experience it's by no means the norm with them.

Ofcourse it could be that they'd been suffering from growing pains due to their success.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:26:18 PM EDT

hr
STFU.

Waaaaaa hr
You need to stop trolling.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:29:55 PM EDT
It does suck. Making a mistake like that once in a while is alright, but Blockbuster Online has done that crap to me several times. I get totally broken ones sometimes. Factor in the 3-6 days it takes to get my replacement that's a raw deal. I've heard similar things about Netflix.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:31:03 PM EDT
Water is wet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:32:40 PM EDT
You can request that they send you the correct disc before you mail the other one back.

I had that happen to me once with Blockbuster Online. I had the correct disc in 2 days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:38:21 PM EDT
Awww, you're copy of Brokeback Mountain has been delayed, poor thing.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:02:01 PM EDT
This is just the most recent thing. Whats really pising me off is the first 17 movies in my Que are long or short wait. Plus if they get a movie back on friday or saturday they wait until monday to enter it as received and then tuesday to ship the replacement. That results in them artificially limiting the number of movies i can get in a month. when i first signed up one day turnaround was normal. Now its 3-6 days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:13:29 PM EDT
I've been with Netflix since they first started.

I've gotten a few broken DVD's - most likely the USPS's fault.

A few were in the wrong sleeves. No big deal.

99% of the time I get my moves one day after they check in my returned movies. If I put the movies in Mondays mail I have my new movie that Friday.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:17:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Avalon01:
I've been with Netflix since they first started.

I've gotten a few broken DVD's - most likely the USPS's fault.

A few were in the wrong sleeves. No big deal.

99% of the time I get my moves one day after they check in my returned movies. If I put the movies in Mondays mail I have my new movie that Friday.

Av.

+1 very happy given the low cost and convenience.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:23:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
This is just the most recent thing. Whats really pising me off is the first 17 movies in my Que are long or short wait. Plus if they get a movie back on friday or saturday they wait until monday to enter it as received and then tuesday to ship the replacement. That results in them artificially limiting the number of movies i can get in a month. when i first signed up one day turnaround was normal. Now its 3-6 days.

I've been with them for a while now, and I still have fast turnaround.
I do agree with you on the wait time on popular movies. Shit, I've had a "VERY LONG WAIT" on 40 yr old Virgin since it came out. Other than that, they've been trouble free.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:29:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 4:30:54 PM EDT by Kent]

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
I've been with them for a while now, and I still have fast turnaround.
I do agree with you on the wait time on popular movies. Shit, I've had a "VERY LONG WAIT" on 40 yr old Virgin since it came out. Other than that, they've been trouble free.

Kris

+1 from another happy customer here. If I put the returns in the mail on Monday, I get my next movie on Wednesday. They have a distribution center here in Salt Lake City :) :)

Just a note -- *buy* your copy of 40 Year Old Virgin... I thought it was hilarious. The "know how I know you're gay?" segment is worth the price of admission alone....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:30:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RealFastV6:
Netflix only sucks because my girlfriend takes 3 weeks to watch the movies when they show up.

DVD Shrink, Nero......
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:33:31 PM EDT

They dont work on Saturdays, so any movies received late on Fri or over the weekend are processed on Monday. They always send my next movie the same day they receive the one i sent in. They always seem to get my returns by 10am the day after I mail it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:40:10 PM EDT
I had a thread here about a month ago regarding Netflix...I was using Netflix's 2 at a time service and getting the movies turned around pretty quick..Some days I was sending them back the same day I got them (my mail runs early)..Netflix put the brakes on that by taking a day or 3 to mail the next movies out once they got them. The mailing center is in my town and it used to take 1 day 100% of the time to get the movie there and back. Google "Netflix throttling" and you'll see that its standard procedure for them to start screwing with you if you ship your movies back too fast

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424759
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:44:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 4:57:51 PM EDT by WizardOfAhs]

STFU.

Waaaaaa

You need to stop trolling.

Cheers pal!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:47:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:
Water is wet.

Its true! It is!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:48:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
I had a thread here about a month ago regarding Netflix...I was using Netflix's 2 at a time service and getting the movies turned around pretty quick..Some days I was sending them back the same day I got them (my mail runs early)..Netflix put the brakes on that by taking a day or 3 to mail the next movies out once they got them. The mailing center is in my town and it used to take 1 day 100% of the time to get the movie there and back. Google "Netflix throttling" and you'll see that its standard procedure for them to start screwing with you if you ship your movies back too fast

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424759

Yep. They always ship the next movie the first working day after its entered as "received" but they will wait a few days to enter it as "received" if you are renting too many movies. I have read the break even point for netflix is 5 movies a month on the 3 at a time plan. I watch at least three a week and it would be more if they were better with the turn around times.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:49:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcantu:

They dont work on Saturdays, so any movies received late on Fri or over the weekend are processed on Monday.

They are suppossed to be entered into the system as received on monday, and the replacement shipped monday or tuesday. but if you rent too many they will waite until tuesday or wednesday to enter it as received, even when they got it friday, sat, or monday.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:54:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:17:09 PM EDT
Hacking Netflix, search Throttling.
www.hackingnetflix.com/
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:46:25 PM EDT
Blockbuster Online has started throttling me somewhat. But then again, I expect them to go bankrupt within the next 6 months.

I returned DVD's to them on Wed, Thurs, Fri of this week. The Wed. return should have been in their hands on Friday afternoon. A check of my queue this afternoon revealed that they had sent out a new DVD today, but it will probably not go out until Monday.

I usually get my DVD's in about 2 days from Atlanta.

As long as I can average 12 a month I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 6:05:12 PM EDT by mcantu]

Originally Posted By mcantu:

They dont work on Saturdays, so any movies received late on Fri or over the weekend are processed on Monday.

They are suppossed to be entered into the system as received on monday, and the replacement shipped monday or tuesday. but if you rent too many they will waite until tuesday or wednesday to enter it as received, even when they got it friday, sat, or monday.

I usually go through 5-6 movies a week (with the 3 at a time plan). If they've always received the movies the day after i sent them and the replacement ships that same day. For example, if i mail a movie back on Fri or Sat, they enter it as received on Mon and ship the next one out that day, which I receive on Tues.

Sometimes they dont send the movies from the closest distribution center if it doesnt have the next movie on your list. I always mail the movies back to the closet distribution center even if it came from one futher away
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:11:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:

DVD Shrink, Nero......

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:36:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

yep i never had that happen at blockbuster or movie gallery.

check the wrong movie box on the sleeve and return it. you will get a correct replacement.

I know with a broken DVD, there is a way to notify them of it on-line from your account. I think it speeds up the replacement process.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:07:02 AM EDT

You gotta copy them when you get them, then send them back, she can still take her time to watch it, and you will be getting your money's worth... except it's MILDLY illegal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:15:48 AM EDT
I've had Netflix for two years. They make a rare mistake every now and then, buy I've been very
satisfied for the most part.

A note to you ARFCOM NEWBIES - Take your trolling and asshatery to IM or get you will not last
long around here.
Top Top