Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 10:39:38 PM EDT
Hi,
I want to move a huge amount of data (i.e in gigs) from one remote server to another remote server.And i don't have telnet access.
Moreover i don't want to stay connected to internet all the time while the transfer is takin place.
Does anybody know a tool that can be useful to me ??
Any help in this regard would be sincerly appreciated..
Eagerly awaiting u r  response

Thanks/Regards
Techie.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
do you have ftp access? maybe you can fxp use flashfxp. you can ftp from there server to your new server should move at there server speed. other then that your just going to have to start downloading and uploading. :P get cable or dsl or get another modem and shotgun it will help your speed. good luck have fun
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
In cases like this I usually just dig around in my closet for an old hard drive that I retired because it's too small to be really useful.  Something like 10GB, 17GB, 20GB, etc.  Then just plug it into System A and copy everything over, then plug it into System B.

Other than that, your only choice is to stay connected or start burning CDs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey,

I happened to come across a site
http://www.ftpy-ah.com
this site may not be perfect but it does serve the purpose of transfer of data from one remote server to another. And it is unbelieveably fast.
Morover one does not have to be connected to internet all the time while transferring data.
Just fire commands & go away.
Yet in the background all ur commands will be processed.
The main problem with the site is that it does not allow you to access your local Hard Disk.
Do give me ur feedback on this guys.....
Regards,
Merryfi
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top