Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 12:02:40 AM EDT
I don't need anything fancy....Just looking for a decent quality humidor for a beginner....Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I made my own, but you can buy the "Ammodor" kit...cheap and effective

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Skip a humidor and buy a cooler and some humidity beads.

In the end it'll be cheaper since you won't be buying multiple desktop versions.

You'll also save money by being able to buy boxes and have a place to store them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Go on Cbid and look for the 100ct. Man O War humidor. I got mine for $40.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Pelican case.  Add those foam separator thingies.  Put some humidity source in it.  I use those little humidity baggies.  Virtually maintenance free.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#6]
A fat 50 ammodor looks awesome.

Anyone here use one?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I used 1.5 Gal Rubbermaid Lock-it tubs with beads and some sheets of cedar that came with some orders, open it up once in a while to breath and all is good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't need anything fancy....Just looking for a decent quality humidor for a beginner....Any suggestions?
View Quote

budget? stick count? these are the things we need to know

otherwise you got an overwhelming amount of decent suggestions already
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go on Cbid and look for the 100ct. Man O War humidor. I got mine for $40.
View Quote

next to a small coolador, I would do this.

You can get a 48 quart cooler from walmart for about $20 ( I think I paid $18ish) and a half pound of 70% beads for $16ish from cheaphumidors.com

I have two of these and they work wonderfully.

Seriously. I tend to go full retard a little bit more than most, but I started with a 20 count desktop humidor. Then a 120qt cooler. Then added a 100 count desk top. Then added 2 48 quart coolers. Then I got the 100ct Man OWar humi.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

20 sticks starting out...I am looking to add more including a 25 stick box of a brand I do like.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

20 sticks starting out...I am looking to add more including a 25 stick box of a brand I do like.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a cooler. most cigar space/$  You think you're only gonna have ~50 smokes. Then you go on C-bid and find out you have ~80 cigars coming in the mail on top of what you already have..

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#12]
NO KIDDING, I have another 15 coming next week. Last night while smoking the SO asked THE question... "How much have you spent on cigars this month?" Thank God it was only 9/02 so I smoothly replied, "very little" (this month)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top