Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 1:55:43 PM EDT
In an effort to track down reasons why I am suffering from these headaches, I have stumbled on research done by a Dr. in Dallas on the Gulf War Syndrome. This Dr. has done mass spectropy tests on biopsied tissue from affected veteran's brains and has found conclusive evidence that the signs and symptoms associated with GWS result from exposure to a Sarin type nerve agent.

I was not in the Gulf War, but I used to live next to the Tooele Army depot. Tooele is the site where the US stores most of it's Chemical weapons and is a site of the incineration of those nerve agents along with the Johnson Atoll. Several times while living in the Utah desert, mysterious mass deaths of livestock were followed by Tyvec suited men claiming the bodies of the dead animals. It was a common held belief that these deaths were due to an accidental release of a type of Chemical weapon.

My father, who was there with me, has also had unresolved headaches that were misdiagnosed as a glandular problem and was treated with insanely large amounts of steroids. My father has also had severe respiratory ailments but has never smoked and he has not had asthma or severe bronchitis.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT for some serious NBC help.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody.......Hello?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
One more try for the Monday crew.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Wiggy:

I recently moved to DeSoto, location of the now-closed Sunflower ammunition plant. A Chemical Engineer who works for me did some work at Sunflower shortly after it was closed, as part of an environmental assessment to estimate the cost to demolish the old facility. At any rate, he says that an overdose of nitroglycerine will cause chronic unbearable headaches. I know from personal experience that nitromethane fumes go straight to my cortex, and for about 5 years after I was last around a top-fuel dragster, I had occasional serious headaches triggered by almost any volatile chemical. Now only nail polish bothers me seriously.

OK, so what does this have to do with NBC? I don't know, not much I guess. What I'm getting at is that the instruments of freedom (I don't know where nail polish fits in there) are composed of some really, really nasty stuff. From what you've shared here about your background, you may have been exposed to God-knows-what, God-knows-when. I surely hope you get some answers, and ultimately, some relief.

Good luck, brother.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
wiggy762, maybe you can get some contacts from this.

[url]www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%28downwinders+tooele%29&btnG=Google+Search[/url]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
BL,

You da man!!!!!

Making some serious progress now!

Thanks more than you will ever know.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
May sound wierd, but a disc problem in the neck can cause bizarre unacounted for headaches.

Happened to me.  My neurosurgeon explained it to me.

May try a chiro.  A half dozen visits should let you know if it's working.

Trust me on this, I was a skeptic too.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
May sound wierd, but a disc problem in the neck can cause bizarre unacounted for headaches.

Happened to me.  My neurosurgeon explained it to me.

May try a chiro.  A half dozen visits should let you know if it's working.

Trust me on this, I was a skeptic too.

TXL
View Quote

BTDT, and I got the Tshirt. Thanks though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top