Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:30:09 AM EDT
I have a 99 F150 2 wheel drive. In the last month or 6 weeks I have had some light squealing noise. There is some squealing/rubbing noise when I am driving. There is a different squealing noise when I turn left and a slightly different squealing noise when I brake. I do not remember any noise separate of the rest. It all sounds like driver side but then that window is open. I want to know if it could all be related to the same thing. Any insight would help so I know if I could fix it myself. I have done brake shoes and wheel bearings before.
Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Almost 100k.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like a problem in your brakes or wheel bearings.

most likely answer. brake wear indicator or bad wheel bearing
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a 99 F150 2 wheel drive. In the last month or 6 weeks I have had some light squealing noise. There is some squealing/rubbing noise when I am driving. There is a different squealing noise when I turn left and a slightly different squealing noise when I brake. I do not remember any noise separate of the rest. It all sounds like driver side but then that window is open. I want to know if it could all be related to the same thing. Any insight would help so I know if I could fix it myself. I have done brake shoes and wheel bearings before.
Thanks for the help

with the noise when you turn left I would be looking at wheel bearings and/or ball joints maybe. Sounds like something is allowing the wheel to lean on the turn. Jack up the front end so that the ires are just off the ground and then use a pry bar under the tires to see if there is alot a movement, also grab the tires at 12/6 and see if you can rock the top in and out. If the tire moves alot with the pry bar it is likely ball joints, if you can move the tire in and out it is likely bearings. While it is up too spin the tire to see if there is anything dragging.

But is may be as simple as new brake pads too. Had a similar noise/situation on my wifes mini van and changed out the pads, which where about 95% used and that fixed the noise.

J-
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. That is what i willl start looking at.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It was wheel bearing. Thanks for the help guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top