Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:48:58 PM EDT
OK, my wonderful wife has put up with my shit for almost 15 years now (January 20 is 15 year anniversary) and her B-day is the 18th of Dec, close to Xmas.

I really, really want to get her something extra special for a gift.  I was thinking of commissioning some artwork (either drawing or painting) of this:

We recently lost our first dog (we're cat people, got a dog for the first time last year, lost him too quickly while he was still just a puppy - mystery disease, never found out why he died).  My wife was devastated, but we got another dog who has been a great replacement for our first.

I was wondering if somoene here could do one of the following:

Portrait of our new dog (Sparkle) - a playful, goofy, "twinkle-in-the-eye" mischievous bag of fun.

or

Portrait of Sparkle and her favorite cat, Winter.

Or, my other idea was Sparkle in profile, that goofy smile on her face, but in the background a "ghosted", spirit-like portrait of Skipper (our dearly departed pup) - sort of like he's watching from "above".

I'd like the portrait to be 8x10 or maybe 9x12 size for ease of putting in a frame.

I would gladly pay for your time and work to do this - if anyone here thinks they can do this for me let me know via email ([email protected]) so I can send you some pics.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump - come on, guys - no one here can do artwork?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I can "do" artwork, but you would be paying me to not see it,

I have always been mixed media,

with mine, you would be lucky to realize it was a dog.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Greywolf- did you google any pet portrait studios in your area? There are a few artists sites that work from emailed pics and specialize in animals.

I DO know a few arfcommers/wives paint, though.

Wish I could help, but I only do cartoons.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, checked them out - DAMN it is expensive!  I'm just a poor college student right now - don't know if I can pump out $400+
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top