Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 1:40:14 PM EDT
hehe I just couldn't resist after seeing the whisky subject [:E]

But thanks fer stoppin in Uncle Jesse!

[sound]http://www.angelfire.com/hi/dukes78/glhorn.wav[/sound]

hope that is at least coded right. Oh well the code wont play sound would have been funnier opening it up with the sound playing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll go blind.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If'n it burns [blue]blue[/blue], its good fer you. [whacko]
View Quote

AND WHEN YOU SHAKE IT AND IT DOES 'NOT' BEAD YOU DO NOT DRINK.
(That's what I heard)
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
WHere's McMoonshine when we need him...

Anyway here ya go fellas, be real carefull now, after all there is an "A" in ATF....

[url]http://www.home-distillation.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Seeins that I live in them hills of Tennessee, I ain't touchin this dang topic fer nuthin!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya all be careful now, ya hear.

Ain't those the good ol boys what shoot down black helicopters?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Shine is good stuff.  It has the ability to get you really messed up, but you don't have a hangover in the morning.  I still haven't figured it out yet.  Possibly without all the preservatives and junk, it just doesn't whoop a hurtin' like the store bought stuff.

You only go blind if the fool who makes it uses an old car radiator as a distiller.  The lead solder can and does poison you.

I am not sure about the law on making it, but the police boys usually don't get interested until you either sell it or start making it on a large scale.

Any further questions?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
That aint no sippin tea!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]
You know you got the good stuff when you can run along side a car that is doing 50 miles per hour. HEHEHE                                            
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I had shine I forgot how to play poker.

That was some good squeezens........

Now wheres them revenuers?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"my daddy ran whiskey in a big block dodge..bought it at an auction at the Mason's lodge".
View Quote

Striker you da man!! You used Steve Earle and the mason's in one post!  You crafty canadians.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Check out this site, books about do it yourself projects including stills, potato cannons, machining and lots of other stuff. Funny site too.

[url]http://www.lindsaybks.com/prod/index.html[/url]

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#14]
A guy was passing around a jar of the stuff at a fundraiser for the high school wrestling team I attended last week.  Smelled like paint thinner.  Tasted like some sort of organic solvent.  I've had the stuff before, in NC, TX, and MO.  It was never what you would call "good."  People I knew would do stuff like put grapes or peaches in jars of the stuff and let it steep for a few weeks.  The result was vaguely fruity paint thinner.  No thanks, you can keep the moonshine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#15]
One of my friends brought me back a bottle of "Clear Spring" 190 proof grain alcohol from a trip to Alabama - stuffs bottled in KY.

Havent had the balls to drink it yet - might work just as well for cleaning the firearms though.

Love the warning label though:

[b]FLAMMABLE - HANDLE WITH CARE
CAUTION: Do not apply to OPEN FLAME. KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE, HEAT, and OPEN FLAME - FLAMMABLE.[/b]

So, is this stuff flammable?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I has some potcheen, Irish moonshine, when I was in Galway in 1989. Whoo, that stuff will take the enamel off your teeth! I'm glad there were pictures, because I don't remember anything about that night.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#17]
We built a still in our dorm room, and btw the process also works for other 'organics'...

WARNING:  we had an exhaust fan and also don't ever let anyone light a smoke in the vicinity.  We almost had our room blow up once but the fan saved us.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if ATF has Blackhawks with 'alcohol sniffers'?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Do they call it moonshine because the runners made deliveries under cover of darkness (when the moons shinin')?

Heard that cooking it in copper vessels, think that was the metal, caused blindness.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I always thought it was called moonshine becuase when it is in those clear jars at night it shines in the moonlight.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Seein hows I've from southern WV, I know a little aobut shine or MtDew (the origional, not the green stuff, but the real stuff mixes well with the green stuff)

There are these wild plums we called dampsons, throw some of those in and let them soak a tad... comes out looking like leaded race gas, but is pretty tasty!

Copper is fine, some folk tried to make shine with 55 gal drums or poorly made stills that released lead.  Not good. And you want a good mash or you will end up with methel, not good, that will make you go blind.

And if you walk up on a still in the woods perkin away, best bet is to back off and forget you saw it. And don't mention it to Barney and Andy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
You can "still" get it down here, if you know the right people, smoooooth.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Well,a long time ago,when we had dinosaur for dinner,the wife and I had a little bar and grill in Nebraska.
On a Sunday night,when it was illegal to sell liquor,a couple of guys from Alabama stopped by after running some carpet from Georgia in their rig to Nebraska's star city wanting some whiskey.
I gave them some Beam and they were pretty happy.
A couple weeks later these same guys stopped back in and said they had a present for me.
Gave me a half gallon of'Pike County'Alabama shine.
So"To the Crimson Tide,The Bear,and whoever in Pike County that made that stuff(oh yeah,and to those two truckers)--WOW,that was REALLY good-and no headache.
I'm not sure what this had to do with the original post but it sure brought back a good memory for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Grandpa's neigbors in Southwest Nebr. had a still in the back room of their storm cellar. Dad tells me I was back there once but I don't remember.

Really, I don't. I must have been 40 yrs ago.

They grew dryland corn in the area so they must have had some good "crops."  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Seeins that I live in them hills of Tennessee, I ain't touchin this dang topic fer nuthin!
View Quote

"Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top, lookin' for a moonshine still.  Strangers aint come down from Rocky Top, reckon they never will." [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top