Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:06:49 PM EDT
I just picked up a GE Dect 6.0 cordless phone with dual handsets, but I am having sort of an issue.  The phone will "beep" on, but I can't get a dial tone or call out on either handset.  I've gone through the instructions, but they haven't helped much.  The phone line is a new one, and was just run the other day,  The internet half works, but I don't have a dial tone.  Unfortunately, I don't have another phone to check the line.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
take it back and get a Panasonic set instead.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
only way to know if that line is working properly is to use a cheap 9 dollar corded phone.

or if you know your neighboors,  ask if you can borrow their phone line for a few minutes

Yeah, I'll have to borrow a phone tomorrow.  That, and give GE a call.  I have a feeling its something very simple, but at this point, this phone is way too complicated for me.  I only picked it up because it had dual headsets, which I can place in different areas of the house without running separate phone lines.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
the only wires used are the Red/Green.  The black/yellow are used for lights and such.

is your phone jack the rectangular type or the prong type?

take a look at your phone outlet and see where the red/green wires are position in the outlet and then look at how they are positioned in your phone.

btw, some cordless phones require you to charge them for hours before use.

also, i would get a panasonic. they are alot better then the cheepies.

edit:

also, did you plug in your base station?  if you dont have power, it wont work.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, its plugged in.  Everything is working, except the dial tone.  I am just curious if I am missing some simple setup procedure.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
did the old phones work?
If yes. you have a defective POS. Return it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top