Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 12:19:46 PM EDT
I have a running argument with an acquaintance who has the nerve to comment on Saddam Hussein being captured. This person is constantly harping that "There's still no connection between Hussein/Iraq and the 9-11 Al-Quaida attack. Didn't we prove that some of the 9-11 attackers were trained at Iraqi terrorist camps? Help me, I need all the ammunition (confirmed facts) to shove this down this creeps throat!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
preventative maintenance
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, the Iraq war and Al Qaida are unrelated, although there are plenty otherr good reasons for the war.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell him to come over to you house and you     get out the pliers and blowtorch.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Salman Pak
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask him if we let him go, would he be willing to live in Baghdad?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're looking to win an argument or stump this person with an overwhelming logical argument, forget... that doesn't work on a this type of person.  

I thought I remembered hearing a recent news blurb about possible new evidence linking Saddam and terrorists...I can't remember the source.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
To date, there really is no evidence whatsoever that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11.

The Bush administration has admitted that they don't actually have any evidence - but they try not to over-emphasize that, since polls show that currently something like 50% of americans BELIEVE that there IS a link between Saddam and 9/11 (however incorrect that belief may be).

Keep in mind that Al Qaeda HATED Saddam because he set up a secular state - and it is very unlikely that there was any cooperation between them.  Of course Saddam wet his pants with joy on 9/11, but to date there's no solid indication he was involved.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a running argument with an acquaintance who has the nerve to comment on Saddam Hussein being captured. This person is constantly harping that "There's still no connection between Hussein/Iraq and the 9-11 Al-Quaida attack. Didn't we prove that some of the 9-11 attackers were trained at Iraqi terrorist camps? Help me, I need all the ammunition (confirmed facts) to shove this down this creeps throat!
View Quote

I dunno about 9/11, but there is a clear connection to Saddam and other terrorist groups. The Palestineans and their fun loving groups got a LOT of money from Iraq, there were attempted terror attacks during Gulf War 1 that got broken up, and the famous Princes Gate incident was by an Iraqi funded group.

And since this War is on terrorism, and Iraq funded terrorism, it works. Al Queda isn't the only terror group with sites on the US.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Mohommad atta trained in Bagdhad in july of 01.

SH gave miliions to terror organizations and to plai famlies of suicide bombers

-HS
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Supposedly they found papers with SH linking him to terrorist groups.

Burn 'em all.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Tell him that this is a war on terrorism, Not specifically on Al Queda. It is a fact that Saddam supported terrorism. Just ask the family of the Isreali's blown up by suicide bombers whose family's were rewarded by Saddam.

Tell him that a free and democratic Iraq will probably lead to a free an democratic Iran and so on. As freedom and democracy spreads it makes it much harder for terrorism to grow.

Tell him at worst, we freed millions of Iraqi's from a brutal dictator.

As you tell him this, watch his face. If your real lucky you may be able to see reason  dawn on him for a split second until his hatred for Bush washes it away again. [:)]

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]

To shut up a liberal, Super Glue his lips shut.
It's the only way.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To shut up a liberal, Super Glue his lips shut.
It's the only way.
View Quote

Personaly, I prefer rivets.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To date, there really is no evidence whatsoever that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11.

View Quote

Keeping you up to date:

LONDON, DECEMBER 14: The mastermind of the September 2001 attacks in the US, Mohammad Atta, was trained in Baghdad by a Palestinian terrorist at the instance of deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, a media report said today.

Atta, who was trained by Palestinian terrorist Abu Nidal, visited Baghdad just weeks before the terror attack, The Sunday Telegraph reported. The details of Atta’s visit are contained in a secret memo, written to Hussein by the former head of Iraqi intelligence service Tahir Jalil Habbush Al-Tikriti, it said.

The handwritten memo, a copy of which has been obtained by the daily is dated July 1, 2001 and provides a short resume of a three-day ‘‘work programme’’ Atta had undertaken at Nidal’s base in Baghdad. In the memo, Habbush reports that Atta ‘‘displayed extraordinary effort’’ and demonstrated his ability to lead the team that would be ‘‘responsible for attacking the targets that we have agreed to destroy.’’

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=37272
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top