Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 8:46:51 PM EDT
My stock radio in my 93 chevy full size pickup truck died the other day. Any ideas on where to find a replacement radio? Anyone know the best place to look for these radios without spending an arm and a leg?

Should I even try and find a stock replacement or should I go with an aftermarket unit?

I know the arfcom army could help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
salvage yard/junkyard  or crutchfield.com for an aftermarket  buy the radio it comes with adaptor, harness adaptor and antenna adaptor
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't rule out repairing it – Most larger cities have one or two repair shops that specialize in car radios. Check your yellow pages.

However, if you're dead-set on replacing it, ebay is a good place to check. People tend to put their old factory radios up for sale whenever they install an aftermarket model.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Ebay, I bet you will find another one cheap. that's the one thing I hated about those years of Chevy trucks, the stupid two piece radios in them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
will the monsoon head unit out of my z-28 fit it?
if they interchange, i'll call home and have my brother send it to you. you do the research.

and you might have to clear the sec. code...i think a dealership can do that.
but if it'll work you can have it free.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Ebay.  There should be a Chevy truck forum someplace and I wonder if radios from later models might fit.  My 1995 Suburban has a nice radio/tape/cd combo, but it looks to me like a lot of other GM radios would fit into the space.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top