Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
I need some help identifing a gun, and its caliber. I can not post pics so that is not an option.

I was told it is a German officers gun..
It is a semi-auto with exposed barrel, meaning the slide doesnt cover the barrel all the way to the muzzel.

-On the left side of the slide in big letters it says P38 and in smaller letters it says   ac43
-On the right side of the slide in very small letters it has the number   359 and some sort of logo but it is so small and lightly punched I cant tell what it is..
-It also has a lanyard loop on the left bottom grip
-Also says P38 on the magazine
-The serial number is on the front of the reciver right below the barrel

Thanks for any info..

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
P38 Pistol

-On the left side of the slide in big letters it says P38 and in smaller letters it says ac43
-On the right side of the slide in very small letters it has the number 359 and some sort of logo but it is so small and lightly punched I cant tell what it is..
-It also has a lanyard loop on the left bottom grip
-Also says P38 on the magazine
-The serial number is on the front of the reciver right below the barrel

P38 - Pistol 1938

ac43 - Made by Walter, AC43- Serial numbers start at 1 and go to 9999n.  The two line coding "AC" over "43" was changed to a single line "AC-43".  Total production this year was 135,000

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
German P38 perhaps?

ETA: link
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats it!!
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top