Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2001 6:31:45 PM EDT
Ok boys.  Every factory upper I have ever bought I have not been able to break the flashhider loose.  I have had to take it to a smith.  Is there a trick to this.  I don't have a vise but have plenty of hand tools.  Is there a good way of getting it broke free?  The one I am currently trying to get off is a vortex.  Any help is appreciated.  Please be specific.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Would it help to say I desperatly need help?
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-ban= Lefty loosie (threaded on only)

Post-ban= Probably 'pinned' on, heat it up w/ a MAPP gas torch, and it will come off (well, it should anyway [:D].

If it is pre-ban, and just 'wrenching' it off doesn't work, you could try heating it up a bit (perhaps it ended up w/ a bit of Locktite on it???)...than, follow above instruction.

WARNING: HEATING UP A FH, OR MB WILL RUIN THE FINISH ON THE WEAPON...(my personal PSA, so you don't call me up and say, Hey, Carree, you made me ruin my AR. Fix it.)

Anyway, good luck. ch

www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.  I tried to heat it and get it off but no go.  BTW what is FH and MB?  Hope I didn't already do it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind me asking Klutch. Why do you want to take off the flashhider?

NO SLACK!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top