Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2017 12:58:08 PM EDT
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHIMUQQ?tag=vglnk-c102-20

I've used camera systems before but never in my home. I do have Wi-Fi internet.

How is this brand or model....or what do you recommend? These will be for outside, in front and back.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, Crap.

If you want good high quality stuff, look at Hikvision. If you want decent stuff and don't want to spend $150-200 per camera, look at Reolink.

Anything you buy, try and get POE. I would highly suggest getting bare minimum of 2mp, but you can find 4mp cameras for about the same price, maybe a bit more. I currently run Reolink at house, and installed it at my moms house as well. We're both very happy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
8 cameras and a DVR for only $150.  That is proof alone it's crap.

Camera pricing has come way down, but you should still be spending about $80 on the very bottom end, for each camera, to make it even worth the time to put them up.

Go wired/PoE if you can.  If running a wire will kill you, you can try to go WiFi.  The wireless will be much less reliable even if you have a good strong connection.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have arlo cams at all 5 points of egress from my house.

Records 10 seconds clips at start of motion on the arlo app and you can easily download to your phone if you want to save.

Battery lasts about 6 months so no wiring was needed.

I was looking for a simple way to record parcels being dropped off and who is knocking on my door or in my drive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top