Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 1:09:08 PM EDT
As the title says, I need a good recipe.

I want to make them this week and then possibly post my first dinner pic.

Let's see them!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
As the title says, I need a good recipe. hem
Let's see them!

I've found that keeping it simple works best.

Just melt some butter in a saucepan, and add as much or as little hot sauce (your preferred brand) to taste.

You can fry the wings first, steam then bake, or you can just bake.

ETA: I've found that brands such as Frank's Red Hot are a better 'fit' for that sauce.  I've had mixed results with  sauces like Chalula.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I buy the wings/drummies in packs from the grocery store, just like regular chicken breasts (they're much bigger and higher quality than the frozen "bake and serve" type).  I bake them in the oven on cookie sheets until the outside is light brown (I'll probably throw them in the smoker this football season though) and then put them in a ziplock bag with Fred P Ott's wing sauce and toss them in the bag until coated.  Once they're all coated, I put them in a glass serving pan, and pour the "residue" from the bag back over them, put them in the oven for 5 more minutes @ 350* and serve.

Works for me!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
I put them in a glass serving pan, and pour the "residue" from the bag back over them, put them in the oven for 5 more minutes @ 350* and serve.

Works for me!

Now that you've brought this up, I've never tossed them BACK into the oven.  I think I'll try this next time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer to bake them first and then toss them with the butter and Frank's, recipe on the bottle
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I just go to Buffalo to get them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the quick replies so far. Sounds like Franks is the ticket. Time to head to the store.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
IF YOU BAKE THEM, THEY ARE NOT BUFFALO WINGS, THEY ARE ABOMINATION!!!

As for the sauce, Frank's Red Hot (NOT the "Buffalo Wing" stuff either, just regular Franks), butter, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.  Control the "heat" of the sauce with butter and cayenne pepper.  More pepper to make it hotter, less pepper and more butter to make it weaker.

Do NOT bake the wings, do not bread the wings.  BUFFALO WINGS ARE FRIED AND UNBREADED
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I put them in a glass serving pan, and pour the "residue" from the bag back over them, put them in the oven for 5 more minutes @ 350* and serve.

Works for me!

Now that you've brought this up, I've never tossed them BACK into the oven.  I think I'll try this next time.

It's mainly to solidify the sauce a little more.  I've found many times that the fat/juices coming out of the wings further liquify the sauce and it makes the sauce harder to stick to the wings.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

As for the sauce, Frank's Red Hot (NOT the "Buffalo Wing" stuff either, just regular Franks), butter, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.  Control the "heat" of the sauce with butter and cayenne pepper.  More pepper to make it hotter, less pepper and more butter to make it weaker.

Do NOT bake the wings, do not bread the wings.  BUFFALO WINGS ARE FRIED AND UNBREADED

+100!  

DING DING DING!  Theres the winner!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
This is really a wet barbecue instead of the classic hot wing recipe, but try it and you'll like it.

Mix regular Bulleseye bbq sauce 50/50 with chunky hot picante sauce, add crushed red pepper to make it as hot as you like.  Separate 1/4 of the sauce into a small pan and save to pour over the finished wings.

You can use either cut wings, or whole wings.  I prefer large whole wings.  Barbecue them on the grill, brushing them with sauce until done.  

Pour the sauce you saved from step one over the pile of wings and enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the sauces from buffalo wild wings.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I've tried many methods of cooking and many types of sauce and this is the best way I've found. I fry them in oil and then set them on a paper towel. Then I brush Moore's buffalo wing sauce on them. It tastes as good if not better than wings from Buffalo Wild Wings...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
buffalo wild wings SUCKS ball sacks.  You would think a WING joint witha a thousand locations could make a dectnt wing, get it to in less than an hour, and actuall be hot (temp) but fuck no...

pretty much similar as above:
Deep fry FRESH (not frozen bag crap) wings till golden/done
get a fry pan- toss some butter- melt it- get pan fairly hot without burning butter
toss in a bit of minced garlic
put in a sprinkle of cayanne
I add Janes crazy pepper
put in wings
toss in butter ONLY
after tossing for a bit- put in hot sauce.
toss in hot sauce(franks) till coated
dump on plate.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.shadowedrealm.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Mmmm......those abominations sure are tasty
(I'm not a big fan of submerging stuff in oil)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#16]
must fry-
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
THEY ARE AN ABOMINATION ANYWAY, JUST MAKE FRIED CHICKEN!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Fry them dipped in egg and breadcrumbs.

Make a 50/50 mixture of Cattleman's BBQ sauce and Frank's red hot (Louisianna hot sauce)

Dump on the wings and toss.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Naked. Never, ever ruin them by breading them.   Ick.

Deep fry the wings then dip them in the sauce of your preference, then throw them in
the oven to bake for a few more minutes if you like them well done and crispy.

I like screwing around with the sauce recipe.   I start with Frank's and some butter and
then browse my way through the spice rack and see what I can come up with.

It's different every time, but I've found that I always like it when the sauce contains
a little honey, a little cinnamon,  a little tumeric,  a little savory,  maybe some rosemary,
some combination of any of those.   It's strictly an "improvise on the fly" experiment
every time.  Tumeric and honey are definitely two components I'll put in every time, though.

I'm not afraid to experiment as my sauce batches are always very small.  If I make an
abomination,  it's worth about five cents.  Throw it on the weeds in the garden and start over.

CJ
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
NEVER, EVER DO ANYTHING BUT DEEP FRY THE WINGS !!!  Anything boiled, baked, or otherwise cooked are NOT Buffalo Wings. Being from the Buffalo area, I have over 30 years of experience eating the things.  We don't even call them "Buffalo Wings" here. Locally, they are known as just "wings". Any bar or pizza & wing place here will know what you're talking about. I usually order mine extra crispy, since i hate mushy wings. The cook will just leave them in the deep fryer for a few extra minutes.

You also need to serve them with celery and Bleu Cheese for dipping. A brand of bleu cheese called Rooties is fantastic.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may be tasty, but those abominations ain't wings.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#22]
If you want the original, deep fry the wings and toss in melted butter & Franks.  The only thing I do differently is add some fresh minced garlic.

(but I add garlic to just about everything)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may be tasty, but those abominations ain't wings.

Heh, I use the mini-drumsticks when I make them

When I go out to get wings I much prefer the "wing" part
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]

deep fry them 1st.
then dunk in butter and crystals extra hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top