Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2001 11:32:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:41:07 AM EST
Gut vom Glück und hoffen Sie Sie rasches Ausweichen die Exfrau According to Altavista, but I don't speak German so I hope somebody can give it the okay. Ice
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:14:54 PM EST
Nice try, ice, but web translators SUCK! (That's why I still have work as a German translator! :^) ) How'bout this: "Also, viel Glück, und ich hoffe, dass Du der Verflossenen ausweichst." ............................ Also, man mailt sich, fünfundneunzigstes Fussregiment.... :^)
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:20:22 AM EST
All your bases are belong to us! Does this translation sound familiar? Better find a real kraut if you want it done right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:44:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By ultima ratio: 95th Foot is right! But I would translate ex-wife with Ex-Frau. "Verflossene" doesn't mean that you have been maried. Could have been your girl-friend. And the "Also" at the beginning is not necessary. Why not "dodge YOUR ex-wife"? "Viel Glück und ich hoffe, daß Du Deiner Ex-Frau ausweichst." I'm a German (DE means Deutschland)
View Quote
Ya, Das ist richtig. Wo habben Sie das scharf s gefunden? Del
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:05:40 AM EST
95th Foot is right! But I would translate ex-wife with Ex-Frau. "Verflossene" doesn't mean that you have been maried. Could have been your girl-friend. And the "Also" at the beginning is not necessary. Why not "dodge YOUR ex-wife"? "Viel Glück und ich hoffe, daß Du Deiner Ex-Frau nicht begegnest." I'm a German (DE means Deutschland)
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:11:45 AM EST
Sorry Delmarksman. I correct it - begegnest sounds better. "scharf s"? Do you mean the "ß" ? It is a key on my computer! together with the "?" I think you don't have it because the English speach doesn't use it!
Top Top