Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 6:53:32 PM EDT
I can't get past a certain part of MGS2. I am on the second mission in the big shell. I have gotten to the central core of shell 1 but can't figure out how to open the door which requires retinal scan. I have dragged a dead guy over there but it doesn't seem to work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Man , did I suffer on that one for a week or so.

Well to be honest , what I did was cause the distraction and snatch the guy , it took quite a while before I could get him in the right spot.

If the alarm is on it is alot easier to get in.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Great game.
I'm stuck at that level also.
Thanks for the tip ColtM4.
Maybe you could help me also.
So far I've not found any weapons except for
handguns and grenades.
Where can I find SMGs and all the other goodies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url]

try one of the many FAQS on there if u ever get stuck in practly any game gamefaqs is bound to have a walkthrough/FAQ
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to choke hold a LIVING guy and drag him over.

I rented the game, and that's about as far as I got after logging many hours.  That part took me some time.  I kept knocking the guy out, or he would wiggle out and start squabbling.

Best to sneak up on the guy when he is right next to the door, get behind him, with no weapon equipped.  Use the first person view and attack when you are close.  It should choke hold him.  Be quick you only have a couple seconds, drag him to the scanner.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW:

"Nibbles! You did it! Now, chew through my ball sack."
View Quote

What movie is that from???  It sounds really familiar.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The further you get in the game the more weapons and kit you will find , just make sure you look in everything.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
HKocher, it's from The Simpsons. Seymour Skinner used that line when they were rescued from being snowed in the school.

My next problem is finding all of the triggers for the semtex on the connecting bridge to shell 2.I have knocked out 6 but can't find the other 3 (I know there is one behind the flag).
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone has any trouble at all with this game, email me. I've been beating that game like a drum since it came!

Ok, to answer the question:

Hide behind the wall and across from the elevator. When the sentry comes to check out the area de-select any weapons and grab him in a choke hold. Walk him over to the scanner and let him go. If you are in position the animation will take over and allow you into the room. Ok, next part is easy. Just use the mic to find the heartbeat. Most times I've gotten here he is the guy against the table on the far left of the room. When he's finished with his little talk and the second animation plays select your AK and just stand there until RO walks away. Once you're back in the lobby you'll have to start blasting the Russians to get back.

There.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
oops, didn't notice you had already cleared that part.

Ok, there are some on the flying sentrys.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The ones I'm having problems with are:
The one that is to the right of the entrance to G
The one that is to the left and below entrance to G
The one that is above entrance to D

Do they all have the flashing green light?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, they all have the flashing lights, just like the ones in the engine room on the first part. They're a little tricky. Take some of those pills to steady your aim but don't take too many because you'll be using the PSG1 coming up soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top