Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 11:21:06 PM EDT
I have had my Xbox for over a year and the past month or so i hasnt been working right......

After im done playing a game or watching a movie and i open the tray the power just shuts off and when i restart it the green light on it flashes red and green and the tray wont open.

After i wait about 10-15 minutes it will open and work fine but i have to put the date and time back in it like it was un pluged.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A friend told me to take it apart and spray it with some canned air and that should fix it.

thanks for reading and any help
Cody
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
not sure if its the fix or not but did u get the recall power adapter?
If not email them and get it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt even know there was a recall

thanks i will email them and ask
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday i took my xbox apart and cleaned it out but it still does it but not as bad

instead of it taking 15-20 minutes to cool down now its only about a minute

i think i need a new disk drive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top