Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2002 8:46:17 AM EDT
Every time my grandmother starts up her computer she gets this message, RegSvr32, no dll name specified, usage: RegSvr32 [/U][/S][/N][/I[cmd line]]dll name.  Ever since she started getting that message she hasn't been able to access her e-mail.
I went and got her a new version of Norton because she was using a version that hadn't been updated since 99.  It found 9 viruses and then she started getting that message on start up.  
If I could get some help on this it would be greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q249873&

Read this page, and see if that doesn't help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Several virus's take over exe files and/or create their own. The klutz(sp) virus even writes into ini files to shut down virus checkers. More than likely either the e-mail exe was infected and removed, or it is one of the virus exe files complaining you removed it's dll it need to run. Just reinstall office or outlook express and your e-mail problem should be fixed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top