Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 12:42:13 PM EDT
When visiting my dad in the hospital, the doctor came in and was speaking with us. During the conversation, the doctor made a Bible reference and I didn't ask him where it was in the Bible.

He said something to the fact that in the Bible it says that when our parents get older, the son of the father becomes the father when taking care of him.

I have never heard this (probably just passed it by when reading) and I can't find it now.

Anyone have a reference?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Not sure if this is it but it's all I could find.

Gen 27:37  Isaac answered: I have appointed him thy lord, and have made all his brethren his servants: I have established him with corn and wine, and after this, what shall I do more for thee, my son?

Gen 45:9  Make haste, and go ye up to my father, and say to him: Thus saith thy son Joseph: God hath made me lord of the whole land of Egypt; come down to me, linger not.
    Gen 45:10  And thou shalt dwell in the land of Gessen: and thou shalt be near me, thou and thy sons, and thy sons' sons, thy sheep, and thy herds, and all things that thou hast.
    Gen 45:11  And there I will feed thee, (for there are yet five years of famine remaining) lest both thou perish, and thy house, and all things that thou hast.

Shok
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Qshock, but that doesn't seem to be what I was looking for. I can't find it either. I'm going to have to ask tha doctor if I ever see him again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Shok
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
AZ hope he's ok.

Not in your version of the Bible.

Sirach 3:12 My son, take care of your father when he is old; grieve him not as long as he lives. 13 Even if his mind fail, be considerate with him; revile him not in the fullness of your strength. 14 For kindness to a father will not be forgotten, it will serve as a sin offering--it will take lasting root.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#5]
"Do not cast me off in old age; when my strenth fails, do not forsake me!"

-Psalms 71:9

I believe this was the direct reference the doctor was speaking of.

Best wishes and outcomes.

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top