Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 2:36:34 AM EDT
I had some unexpected bills come up and now I'm late on my rent. I got a letter saying if they don't have it paid in full by the end of the week the apartments will send it to their lawyers for collection. I can give them half this week but the letter I got says they will only except full payment. There's not really anyone I can ask for the money....Does GD have any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sell something?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sell something?

Depending on your situation I would have said talk to your land lord and work something out, but that doesnt sound like an option. Selling something for cash is probably all you can do if you dont know anyone you can borrow it from.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
My AR is about the only I could sell. I went 6 months without being able to find a job about a year and a half ago and ended up selling off most everything I had that was worth anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Pawn shop?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've thought of a title loan on my car but shit....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

dont do that
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Sell your AR.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:28:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Lots of folks in the market for an AR nowdays, especially one that needs to be moved quickly. I for one am in that market.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Become a love machine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Sell, sell, sell.  AR, furniture, etc.

Then, you need to get control of what money you are spending.  If you have trouble making this month's rent, what about next month's?  Cut out/cancel all extra services.  Drink less, eat more economically, bag lunch, etc.  If your rent is too much, consider moving.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:37:10 AM EDT
[#12]
what kinda money are we talking here?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#13]
did you actually talk to your landlord, tell them what you can do and when you can pay, etc, sometimes they send out form letters stating it must be paid in full, when they may be willing to work with you for a couple of weeks, however your rent will be due again in a couple of more weeks so can you get it caught up and keep it up.  also get a 2nd job for a few months, perhaps thru xmas, delivering pizza, working at walmart's, etc until you get back on your feet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't sell the ar.  Take it to the pawn shop and pawn it (borrow money on the ar).  Then you need to cut your expenses.  Selling and pawning is just a short term fix.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont do that

QFT unless you want to eventually lose your car.
Pawn the AR.

Long term...
Is there anywhere in the area you can sell plasma regularly?

Also has to be said...
If you smoke, quit.  If you drink alcohol, quit.  Ditch CATV and cell phone.

Can you find cheaper living accomodations or get a roommate?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Go talk to them. They dont want to clean and re-rent the damn apartment.

Im getting ready to boot a family because they wont talk to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top