Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 12:54:43 PM EDT
I've checked the forum for this info and can't tell what I need to do for certain. Have a Pre-ban configuration upper; want to convert to postban config.  Have machined off the entire bayonet lug.  Can I blind/pin and spot weld the A2 flashhider, or should I just cut and crown the barrel and forget the hider/brake/crap on the end of the barrel thing?  Has anyone here cut the crown on a chrome lined barrel and do I need anything more that a sharp carbide cutter in my lathe?  Thanks for the help.

shooter
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Install one of the "Wilson Combat" or Kurts Kustom brakes that looks like A2 flash hider.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Both of the previous answers are right. You can't have a flash hider or threaded muzzle, but you can have a permanently installed Muzzle Break. So loose the flash hider and threads or replace it with a permanently installed muzzle break.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If you decide to cut the barrel - MAKE SURE YOU MAINTAIN THE 16" MINIMUM LEGAL LENGTH!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Kurt Wala told me the same thing, no flash suppressor on postys.  Not to concerned about the looks thing, and a muzzle brake on a .223 seems a little silly to me, just thought if the flash hider was legal, it would be easier to wield a welder as opposed to a lathe.  Thanks all.

shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top