Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 10:29:50 PM EDT
[img]www.strike-the-root.com/images/index.6.gif[/img]
This government ID card (complete with fingerprint) was issued in Nazi-occupied France.  The girl, Dina Holzmann, was taken to the concentration camps at Lalande and Drancy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
shivers.

this is a really bad idea.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
They can send you any card they want and you can mail it back in pieces. If you are prosecuted for doing so or unable to conduct commercial activities without one, then it's obvious where we stand.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#4]
This is not a good idea at all....one of the scariest ideas our government has ever come up with.  I for one will not sign one at all if it comes to that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I find this very disturbing also. It was just a few weeks ago that Bush was entertaining the idea of giving millions of ILLEGAL Aliens United States Citizenship. Oh, like they were going to do detailed background checks on all these people. Here in Georgia alone they are thinking about giving illegal aliens drivers licenses. Is there something about the word illegal that they just don't understand. We should have our border with Mexico patrolled and fortified by the military. As for people that work here they should be given safe working conditions and that's it. You can never become a citizen unless you have a special skill. If you are not a citizen and you have a child over here they do not become a citizen, they do not get free health care, or any form of welfare.

As for this National ID card keeping out terrorists, that's a joke. All a terrorist has to do is come over here with a passport and then do whatever he or she wants to do. They can learn to fly in their own countries and then come over and jump in a plane. Or they can just fly into Canada and walk across the border into the United States practically anywhere along the border.

If they really want to do something about stopping these nutjobs make the security coming into this country better at the airports and borders. If anyone watched the Fox News test of airport security at Boston's international airport (Logan?) you would see how pitiful our security really is at airports.

Just another reason to vote Libertarian

No Slack!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Post from MatthewDaugherty -
Just another reason to vote Libertarian
View Quote

Yes, indeed, let's vote for the Party that not only has zero-chance of actually winning, but supports the principle of...

[size=5][b]Unrestricted Immigration![/b][/size=5]

But, to be fair, the Libertarians tell us that before THEY permit such unrestricted immigration, that first, all welfare will be ended, that, second, all these new immigrants will have serious criminal background checks!

Yeah right, just as rigorous as the background checks they give security guards at Logan International Aiport in Boston!

Of course, the fact that the Libertarian Party is no longer a 'third' party, but a 'fourth' party, following the Green Party, means it will be most unlikely that THEY will ever be in a position to do [u]anything[/u]!

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I will I admit that I have a problem with the unrestricted immigration stance from the Libertarian Party. The Libertarian Platform does say that the immigrants would recieve no form of welfare at all. This alone would take away a lot of the incentive to come to the United States. This I agree with, but I'm not a blind follower of the Libertarian when it comes to the unrestricted flow being allowed into the United States. Hopefully the Libertarian Party will rethink this issue and change it. I also have a problem with their narcotics views.

The reason I switched to the Libertarian Party is for the limiting of Federal control and giving the individual states more control. Also the Libertarians view on gun control is a major drawing point.

edited because I just saw the (realistic) and got giggle out of it.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
If the Libertarians were in power, EVERYONE ON THOSE PLANES WOULD HAVE HAD THE RIGHT TO BE ARMED.

TOM RIDGE A REPUBLICAN AND HYSTERICAL ANTI-GUNNER IS NOW IN CHARGE OF THE OFFICE OF HOMELAND DEFENSE.

THE REPUBLICANS CLAIM JOHN "GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE" MCCAIN AS A MEMBER.

THE REPUBLICANS CLAIM ANTI-GUN KALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL DAN LUNGREN AS A MEMBER.

The Libertarians didn't write up REX 84 or the other martial law plans. Your beloved GOP did. The Republicans have shown time and time again to have a constant wish to put more government control into everyones lives.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#9]
btt
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Being from Texas, and knowing there was no way Bush wouldn't take the state, my wife and I both voted for Browne.  There was no way in hell we were going to vote for someone like Nader, though the Constitution Party looked good too.

On the night of 9.11.01, all I could think of was what would Browne have done if he were president and this horrible thing happened?  Then I realized that he'd have done nothing.  I'm glad Bush is in there, and I'm sure he'll take care of business.  Now if he'll just stop being a corporate whore and remember to defend the Constitution.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
My card would have a quick appointment with the scissors.  

GodBlessTexas:  what would Browne have done?  First, he would have said, "Great!  We deserved this!".  Then, and only [i]then[/i] would he had done nothing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully this talk is just politicians doing what they normally do.

They throw all their SH*T against the wall and see what sticks....I don't think this will.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Matt made a good point. WTF good is a national Id card if someone enters the US with a forged passport and theb obtains a VISA? All the Id card does is infringe on US citizens while doing nothing about the real problem, which is poor security and superficial background checks.

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I noticed that OCR font at the bottom of the existing EU cards = the font and format used on passports, including US.

Looks like there is an international (ISO perhaps) standard already in place for machine readable ID cards, be they passports or (internal passports) national ID cards.

They can shove their US ID card up their keister. [-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top