Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 11:24:35 AM EDT
Now that the COPS (active and retired) have national CCW, (and I believe there should be national CCW for ALL law abiding citizens) what about CCW for all military? It makes the same sense: to have as many of the good guys armed at all times. At least officers and senior NCO's should be able to pack anyplace a LEO packs.
I'm an officer in the D.C. area with DOD stickers and Gulf War Vet plates. I've been verbally assulted by Hadji's at stoplights before. It's only a matter of time before one of them tries something and I think I should be ready.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
How about National CCW for EVERYONE?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Here in Georgia, persuant to OCGA 16-11-130 para 3, any person "in the military service of the state or United States" is exempt from concealed carry licensing and can carry like a LEO.  I see that as a step in the right direction and rather than national Military carry, I would advocate national CCW reciprocity so that not only would .mil personnel be able to, but anyone that has recieved the CCW.

That being said, I'd be all for .mil nationwide carry.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here in Georgia, persuant to OCGA 16-11-130 para 3, any person "in the military service of the state or United States" is exempt from concealed carry licensing and can carry like a LEO.  I see that as a step in the right direction and rather than national Military carry, I would advocate national CCW reciprocity so that not only would .mil personnel be able to, but anyone that has recieved the CCW.

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Extend it to honorably-discharged veterans if you want to do a step-by-step approach.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree about national CCW for all. We've got to play the left's game of incrementalism. First COPs, then .mil, then hopefully all non-felons. After all we ALL are the militia!
Hi Zaphod how was your holidays? Looks like I'm going to the sandbox this summer.........I guess I need to start stocking up on SPF 40!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Wich politician sponsored the CCW for LEO and how do we get ahold of him?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope.

Already played one side against the other for LEO CCW, effectively creating a "super-class" of Citizen.  I'll be damned if sit by and watch the same thing happen again.

What the fuck is so difficult to understand about the statement "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?!?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey I know, let's just forget about those pesky elections too and appoint someone from the military to be our leader/ruler for life.

I think having a National military CCW would too much resemble a police state. That is one of the reasons CIA sercurity officers aren't allowed to to take their duty weapon home. I would have to say all or nothing. Not everybody in the military is proficient with a handgun. This is coming from someone who is in the military. Hell, arm everybody by presidential edict, if there is such a thing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hi Zaphod how was your holidays? Looks like I'm going to the sandbox this summer.........I guess I need to start stocking up on SPF 40!

I reckon so! LOTS of it!

Stay safe, Classmate! Do us proud!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
That would be a joke. I am not allowed to bring a gun, concealed or not, onto base. It has to be registered and stored at the armory. It is funny how easily a terrorist or a bad guy could attack anyone enlisted. We are all unarmed alot of the time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Well here, here.

I second that.

But if we are going to take baby steps, then I suppose we could start with military under active duty orders.

Quoted:
How about National CCW for EVERYONE?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Let's see the Brady Camp oppose this.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Officers too son.

Let me tell you though.  I've got to wonder how these Iraqi security forces guys end up getting shot in the street the second they are no longer on duty.  Could it be....that they haven't the means to defend themselves?

Quoted:
That would be a joke. I am not allowed to bring a gun, concealed or not, onto base. It has to be registered and stored at the armory. It is funny how easily a terrorist or a bad guy could attack anyone enlisted. We are all unarmed alot of the time.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#14]
And it must be with a Beretta 9mm

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#15]
And another thing, tell me what branch you are in.

I have my guns on permanent withdrawal from the security forces armory.  This allows me to keep them in my base quarters.  Dorm dwellers are not so fortunate however, as they must keep them in the armory.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

CRC

A bit restrictive, but fine by me.  And I must be allowed to carry hi-caps here in Kali.

ETA:  More appropriately, there should be no restriction on anything with a NSN assigned.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Im in the Air Force. I live off base. But if I wanted to carry onto base I would have to spend 30 minutes at the armory in the morning dropping off my weapon and 30 mins at night getting it out again. I used to live in the dorms and had to keep it at the armory. Anyone who lives in base housing also has to register and keep all personal weapons at the armory.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRC

A bit restrictive, but fine by me.  And I must be allowed to carry hi-caps here in Kali.

ETA:  More appropriately, there should be no restriction on anything with a NSN assigned.

I think you are allowed to possess high caps in CA by being in the Navy.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe it.  What base though?

Quoted:
Im in the Air Force. I live off base. But if I wanted to carry onto base I would have to spend 30 minutes at the armory in the morning dropping off my weapon and 30 mins at night getting it out again. I used to live in the dorms and had to keep it at the armory. Anyone who lives in base housing also has to register and keep all personal weapons at the armory.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

CRC

or a Sig, aka: the M11

but I like the "anything with an NSN" route personally
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRC

I think you are allowed to possess high caps in CA by being in the Navy.

CRC

As I understand it there is no military exemption for magazine capacity, per Paul.   Just for AW registration.  Which is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to register my CAR-10 in Kali.  A minor reason, but a reason none the less.  Although, I'd love to see it go to court that an active duty guy  posessed a mag that holds 20 cartridges rather than 10.  The think of the children excuse is pretty weak in that light.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay.

I guess I thought both were combined into one bill but you can personally get a registered AW in CA just with 10 round mags.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Seymour Johnson AFB good old Bible Belt North Carloina. Shady mother fucking J.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Seymour Johnson AFB good old Bible Belt North Carloina. Shady mother fucking J.

And their website sucks too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Okay.

I guess I thought both were combined into one bill but you can personally get a registered AW in CA just with 10 round mags.

CRC

True.  Which is better than nothing.  But then there's that pesky paper trail.  When the rifle was purchased it was just a stripped lower receiver.  I'm just paranoid I guess.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wich politician sponsored the CCW for LEO and how do we get ahold of him?

Don't hold your breath waiting for him to support nationwide CCW for non-LEOs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top