Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 3:31:30 PM EDT
I try to take maybe 5-6 daytime naps a year.  The key word is try.  I don't think in the last 5 years I have gotten a nap over 10-15 minutes and is starting to become quite a joke.  I got up extra early this morning then spent the majority of the day weed-whakin' and mowing.  I came in to take a shower and sat down in the easy chair for a minute.  It wasn't long before I felt myself dozing off but, even as I was I was thinking what's the point.  Now keep in mind noone has called or stopped by all day.  Sure enough within ten minutes BANG BANG on the door.  It was the John Deere salesman wanting to know how the repairs were on the lawn mower.
I guess it was just not meant to be.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need to talk to my wife.  She's a professional napper and can probably give you some tips.  If shes sitting still for over two minutes she will be asleep.  On the other hand I am like you, I can always find something else to do.  I stay up till my body tells me I need to sleep, basically when I'm exhausted.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey 1GUNRUNNNER... Cheer up!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
With my varying schedule, I take 1 or 2 naps a day.  5-20 minutes.
It restores my energy level.  About 5 minutes after coming out of the "nap", whether I just close my eyes for a bit, or actually doze until I  [i]snort[/i] myself awake (OK, who else 'snorts'?), I'm much more alert.
Good for the nerves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top