Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:55:23 AM EDT
I'm sick at home today and watching C-SPAN debate funding for the budget for Health and Education, and every time she gets a chance, Carolyn McCarthy has been bringing up the expiration of the AWB.  The last time I saw her spoke, she actually said, "I know that we're not allowed to bring the AWB to the floor..."  THEN WHY IS SHE?!?!?!  I guess she's trying to bolster her position for re-election as being anti-gun, having "bucked the system."

The anti's continue to try, even when they know they're not allowed.  In the past 30 minutes, it's been brought up at least three times by Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas and twice by Carolyn McCarthy of New York.  Lee even started off her "speech" with the statistic that a baby wounded by firearms cost $60,000 to treat.  That's the only statistic she brought: nothing about how assault weapons are a miniscule part of the problem.  When McCarthy mentioned firearms, she mentioned how blacks and latinos account for 38% of the gun deaths in America, while taking up only 17% of the population.  She didn't mention anything at all about the fact that most of that is gang-related or due to problems within the communities based on cultural differences.  She mentioned that over 1,700 hispanic people have killed themselves with guns last year.  And this all relates to the AWB how?  It doesn't, and we all know it, but it makes for good sound bites.

The fight may procedurally be over, but I would think it wouldn't hurt to call our representatives and senators and reaffirm our support for the sunset of the AWB, and support for their allowing it to sunset as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The sunset of the AWB is only the start of the fight.

The real battles will begin at the state level.  Right now the antis are getting defeated at the federal level.  Now they will try to divide and conquer by passing state legislation.

Don't ever give up the fight.  Nothing is over after September 13th.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
...and McCarthy just did it again.  She's on a crusade today, trying to make sure it gets brought up every time she possibly can.

This time, she said that a renewal of the AWB will keep healthcare costs down and allow the Federal Government to allocate more money to Hepatitis research and treatment.

They're desparate, and McCarthy is doing everything she can to bring this to the floor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've been watching all morning.
They are going to keep hammering away regardless of proccedural law.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what is more sad....that our elected officials are pathalogical liers or that most people actually belive them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What a one trick pony she is. I bet she is in a safe district. I would love to see the public fire her.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
It's always a good sign to witness the anti-gunners on the floor whinning about a gun control law because it means they know they are defeated and their only recourse is to spout off in defiance about all the horrors they think will happen.  Since they know there will be no debate they speak up whenever they are given a chance.  By this simple fact you can conclude that the assault weapons ban is dead and will not formally be brought to the floor for a vote.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm sick at home today and watching C-SPAN debate funding for the budget for Health and Education, and every time she gets a chance, Carolyn McCarthy has been bringing up the expiration of the AWB.  The last time I saw her spoke, she actually said, "I know that we're not allowed to bring the AWB to the floor..."  THEN WHY IS SHE?!?!?!  I guess she's trying to bolster her position for re-election as being anti-gun, having "bucked the system."

The anti's continue to try, even when they know they're not allowed.  In the past 30 minutes, it's been brought up at least three times by Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas and twice by Carolyn McCarthy of New York.  Lee even started off her "speech" with the statistic that a baby wounded by firearms cost $60,000 to treat.  That's the only statistic she brought: nothing about how assault weapons are a miniscule part of the problem.  When McCarthy mentioned firearms, she mentioned how blacks and latinos account for 38% of the gun deaths in America, while taking up only 17% of the population.  She didn't mention anything at all about the fact that most of that is gang-related or due to problems within the communities based on cultural differences.  She mentioned that over 1,700 hispanic people have killed themselves with guns last year.  And this all relates to the AWB how?  It doesn't, and we all know it, but it makes for good sound bites.

The fight may procedurally be over, but I would think it wouldn't hurt to call our representatives and senators and reaffirm our support for the sunset of the AWB, and support for their allowing it to sunset as well.

So, when do we vote on banning blacks and latinos, for the children?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Ouch!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...and McCarthy just did it again.  She's on a crusade today, trying to make sure it gets brought up every time she possibly can.

This time, she said that a renewal of the AWB will keep healthcare costs down and allow the Federal Government to allocate more money to Hepatitis research and treatment.

They're desparate, and McCarthy is doing everything she can to bring this to the floor.

Not only will the AWB cut down on violent traffic deaths, it will also enable us to cure cancer, put a woman on Mars, circumnavigate the globe, cure baldness, and any other variety of miracles.  Don't pass up rewewing this law.  Don't give terrorists to go buy AK-47's at Walmart.  Your husband's hair is counting on you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a one trick pony she is. I bet she is in a safe district. I would love to see the public fire her.

Actually she's not in such a safe district.  Both her young son and husband were killed by an armed lunatic on a commuter train.  Her pathology on the subject is understandable.  

Oh, how stupid of me. I should know it's always the inanimate object's fault. That poor, misunderstood lunatic can't be blamed. It couldn't possibly have been his fault. He was a victim, don't you know?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#13]
The anti-gunners are wasting Congress' time on stuff that is not on the agenda. They're suppose to be taking up the problems of coordinating the intelligence gathering between various govt agencies and they're discussing gun control. As I said in another thread, you can see that gun control among the anti-gun Democrats is VERY, VERY high on their agenda, they are sacrificing the rest of the USA in order to promote their partisan agenda.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#14]
NRP was on the band wagon today too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually she's not in such a safe district.  Both her young son and husband were killed by an armed lunatic on a commuter train.  Her pathology on the subject is understandable.  

Pathological, indeed.

Of course, the very laws she advocates would not have stopped Colin Ferguson. He simply would have broken more laws in order to achieve his sick aims. The only thing the laws accomplished was to ensure a lots of compliant, law-abiding victims for him.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were on the Long Island Railroad train when the Colin Ferguson opened up with a Ruger P-89 pistol.  That case was were the 10 round magazine limit started.  They weren't shot with an "assault weapon."  Yes, she suffered a tragic loss.  One that could have been prevented if the passengers who obeyed the law were not forbidden to carry a gun to protect themselves.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#17]
all I see is Sen. Byrd talking about homeland security
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#19]
She's doing it again!  She said it's already passed in the Senate???
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
She's doing it again!  She said it's already passed in the Senate???

Must have been referring to the doomed lawsuit immunity bill, back in March.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#21]
She is now wanting it renewed in the name of preventative health care.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#22]
That's what I was afraid she would try to do...

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES, BOYS AND GIRLS!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I dont see where you guys see her, I have been watching CSPAN for the past hour and havent seen her yet
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not only will the AWB cut down on violent traffic deaths, it will also enable us to cure cancer, put a woman on Mars, circumnavigate the globe, cure baldness, and any other variety of miracles.  Don't pass up rewewing this law.  Don't give terrorists to go buy AK-47's at Walmart.  Your husband's hair is counting on you.

but is it better than puppies?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Last night that vulva hat from Texas actually said that 90% of paralyzed people was from gunshots. It actually doesnt even make the list of causes. 66% is from diving accidents.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Pathological, indeed.

Of course, the very laws she advocates would not have stopped Colin Ferguson. He simply would have broken more laws in order to achieve his sick aims. The only thing the laws accomplished was to ensure a lots of compliant, law-abiding victims for him.....

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Someone shut that woman up!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#28]
My God, how many turns does she get??  STFU Already!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#29]
i especiall liked when she said that things today are actually worse than they were 10 yrs ago...................

well, then i ask this:  WHAT THE FUCK GOOD IS THE AWB THEN?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I dont see where you guys see her, I have been watching CSPAN for the past hour and havent seen her yet

CSPAN 2 House of Rep's
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i especiall liked when she said that things today are actually worse than they were 10 yrs ago...................

well, then i ask this:  WHAT THE FUCK GOOD IS THE AWB THEN?!?!?!?

I caught that too
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#32]
CSPAN is House of Reps, CSPAN2 is Senate.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
CSPAN is House of Reps, CSPAN2 is Senate.

Correct, my bad.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Any more House action?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Any more House action?

they're talking about medicare entitlements and on queue that wacky madcap McCarthy got up and said "since I'm not allowed to bring the AWB up on the floor I'm going to talk about it all day today and tomorrow."  then went on and on.  She's such a fuckin' cow.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Why does she talk? Why does anyone talk? The senators dont listen, they have thier mind made up long ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why does she talk? Why does anyone talk? The senators dont listen, they have thier mind made up long ago.

cause she's a one trick pony.  She was elected out of sympathy for her family being attacked by Furgeson and it's her niche.  She's nothing without it so she's going to beat that stupid drum til the day she dies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Is she still blabing?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Her and Feinstein should go steady.
Top Top