Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This deserves an appropriate reply to the "Dean" Source

LOOK AT THEM CHOPPERS!!!

https://tisch.nyu.edu/content/dam/tisch/shared/A_Green_0524.jpg.preset.square.jpeg?

Meme generator armed and ready

Go!
View Quote

more gum than the underside of an elementary school desk....
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why are Gold and Oil prices relatively stable yet higher education fees and expenses keep rising exponentially?

The biggest scam in human history.
View Quote

Because removing bankruptcy protection from student loans increased the credit capacity of student borrowers massively, and prices paid bloated in response to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm sure our more puter-literate types would have little problem finding message boards of frustrated students venting...

Maybe start a gofundme to buy her some human-ish teeth?
View Quote

[email protected]

ETA.  I fired a few off to her.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I sense a good ole' Firemission coming on.   Someone needs to find Horseface's email and start sending these to her.  I'm sure she would appreciate the humor.  
View Quote

it's a private liberal performing arts school, 250 idiots fleecing 4,000 other idiots to the tune of over 310 million annually

it's like a private LaGuardia Arts, but for rich adult children.

very few here will rise to their aid, in any way.  we're all too busy pointing and laughing
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is why people think academics are weird.

She probably spent their tuition money on snatch and blow and therefore cannot give it back as it is up a hookers ass now.
View Quote

The level of bloat at modern day higher education is biblical in nature.

Somehow they require many multiples of administrators using computers to provide the same value that a fraction did decades ago using paper and slide rules. Add in palatial campus estates funded with debt, and completely useless paths of study.

Higher education today is a rent seeking scheme based on the monopoly of accreditation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The left is finding out what's really at the end of their rainbow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[email protected]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure our more puter-literate types would have little problem finding message boards of frustrated students venting...

[email protected]

ok, if she responds you HAVE to post it here......
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

[email protected]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[email protected]

Let's all hope people don't sign her up for cheap dentures on Alibaba...

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I quit caring at - "Students at NYU's Tisch School Of The Arts"
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy fuck my entire graduate degree costs less than one fucking semester there. I'd say that surely nobody is that stupid,  bit I know better.  Damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Distance learning has its place, but there are plenty of disciplines where I don't think it would come close to in person instruction... art and theater would likely be among them, and I think they will have a hard time legally defending taking their money and only providing online education.

Undergraduates at Tisch pay $29,276 in tuition and fees -- not including books or housing. Full-time graduate students pay $31,721. And those numbers are just for Spring 2020.

Haha what the fuck

Holy fuck my entire graduate degree costs less than one fucking semester there. I'd say that surely nobody is that stupid,  bit I know better.  Damn.

That us why I don't feel bad about this.

They just learned a lesson a little earlier than they expected.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
dosen't "Tisch" mean.......
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
lol

Universities that try this are going to get sued, and are likely going to lose.
View Quote
This.

Wonder what their endowments are?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Dance now, but cry later when they're sued and she is fired.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[email protected]

I have way too much free time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Lovely..... now sign her up for dildos and sexual fur suits with anatomically correct "holes"
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol

Universities that try this are going to get sued, and are likely going to lose.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

rest assured this wont lead to where you and i think it should - academic accountability. instead its only gonna make these students and all their lefty buddies double down on bernie "free college" sanders and AOC

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

She may have given them the best / most valuable lesson they will ever learn at the college.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Students at NYU's Tisch School Of The Arts are seeking partial tuition refunds due to remote learning amid the outbreak
Dean Allyson Green attached a video of her dancing to an email explaining students would not receive reimbursements
Students are outraged by the response, calling it 'tone deaf' and 'embarrassing' 
Petition to grant tuition reimbursement has been created by students
 Green said the video wasn't meant to be 'frivolous' or 'disrespectful' 
NYU Tisch School Of The Arts has not said they will refund studentsSchools across the U.S. closed due to the coronavirus pandemic 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/199158/26553652-8165185-Allyson_Green_pictured_-1340210.JPG

lol, lyrics are brutal:
Oh, life is bigger
It's bigger
Than you and you are not me!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8165185/NYU-dean-slammed-sending-students-video-dancing-denying-tuition-refunds.html

She may have given them the best / most valuable lesson they will ever learn at the college.
That white people can't dance?  Shit.  I knew that from the internet.  Didn't need a college dean to illustrate it for me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Times like these show how utterly useless so many administrators and professors truly are.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Why the hell should she refund money when the virus bill included student loan debt forgiveness.

Honestly, they probably had ass covering provisions in their contracts.  A moral person would try to reach a compromise - but not a liberal.  Take SxSW, they did not offer any refunds, but did say that they would honor their tickets in future years.  That was a nice gesture - even if they don’t honor it by not having future years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

it's interpretive dance
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Seriously, if they wanted to dog NYU, they'd start an ad campaign on the cheap Tisch family (their patron threw money at the school to have it named for him) and NYU ripping off students.

Quite the faux pas at NY society dinners, "oh! Isn't that your father's school that's stiffing all these starving college students?" "Why would you want the fine Tisch name associated with such low-grade, cheap-ass ripoff artists?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Tisch

Seriously. It's a big deal for these people. Mini-mike threw $3B+ at Johns-Hopkins to rename a bunch if stuff "Bloomberg"
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#30]
My son's university is paying back a portion of the tuition even though they are finishing online. Same with food and dorm costs. All prorated.

FNYU
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Another reason besides the fed backed loans, is that college administration has ballooned. Administrators determine the budgets and then they decide that they all need raises and assistants because a good college needs good administration and they are worth it, right??
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#32]
What they are getting now (nothing) is probably worth about as much as the classes they were taking are actually worth so I don't see the problem here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why the hell should she refund money when the virus bill included student loan debt forgiveness.

Honestly, they probably had ass covering provisions in their contracts.  A moral person would try to reach a compromise - but not a liberal.  Take SxSW, they did not offer any refunds, but did say that they would honor their tickets in future years.  That was a nice gesture - even if they don’t honor it by not having future years.
View Quote

Why should anyone subsidize NYU for NOT DOING THEIR JOB?

Yah. Teach dance over the computer. $80K for a bunch of YouTube ripoff vids.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My son's university is paying back a portion of the tuition even though they are finishing online. Same with food and dorm costs. All prorated.

FNYU
View Quote

My nephew's university is getting half his room & board refunded since they threw everyone off-campus, no dice on tuition.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#35]
After this pandemic is over, I hope there is going to be a day of reckoning for all the corporations and institutions that treated people with such callous disregard and simply looked at them as ATM's. If only we had the ability to line these people up against the wall to serve as an example for at least the next one or two generations. I would like to see the prisons filled with college Presidents, corporate CEO"s and all those other lowlifes that felt padding the gilded cage was better than showing compassion for the people who were hurting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After this pandemic is over, I hope there is going to be a day of reckoning for all the corporations and institutions that treated people with such callous disregard and simply looked at them as ATM's. If only we had the ability to line these people up against the wall to serve as an example for at least the next one or two generations. I would like to see the prisons filled with college Presidents, corporate CEO"s and all those other lowlifes that felt padding the gilded cage was better than showing compassion for the people who were hurting.
View Quote

As much as I would like to see it, it won't happen.  We can only hope COVID wipes some of them out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]
"School of ther Arts" - they were throwing the money away already anyway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Is the staff too lazy to provide classes on-line, or the students to lazy to avail themselves of the service.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is the staff too lazy to provide classes on-line, or the students to lazy to avail themselves of the service.
View Quote

Some of the faculty might be too incompetent to conduct online classes as we are quickly finding out with my local community college.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If colleges want to run themselves like a business, they shouldn’t be surprised when customers demand a refund for a service they paid for that was not provided.
View Quote

The proper response would be business like.  I'm sorry but I don't have the authority to grant refunds.  I will look into it on your behalf.

delay, delay, delay.

What a lot of money for a degree in bullsh*t.  Student may be saved from being a pole dancer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#44]
That's what those stupid fuckers get for paying 56K for a liberal arts degree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's what those stupid fuckers get for paying 56K for a liberal arts degree.
View Quote

It's actually closer to $240k for a four year degree if you don't live on campus.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Generational communist con arteest...made her marks mad by rubbing it in.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Because removing bankruptcy protection from student loans increased the credit capacity of student borrowers massively, and prices paid bloated in response to it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#48]
when commies collide

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Screams lawsuit.  She'll be fired
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LOL. It’s like a race to see what fucking idiot is going to be the first to get strung up on a lamppost during this thing.
View Quote

Lets see if FL can top this
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top